Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Xaaf declares against Qeybdeed for Sacad Senate seat; pay attn to HG, it can get ugly; this is beyond NN/Madasha,

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Xaaf declares against Qeybdeed for Sacad Senate seat; pay attn to HG, it can get ugly; this is beyond NN/Madasha,

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:18 am

As things usually go, besides different jostling between different interest groups trying to influence externally, USUALLY the clan INTERNALLY doesn't see a lot discontent in elections because by now there is ironically predictable clan leadership hierarchy that is fairly at equilibrium.

Basically the clan has an "informal understanding" about what constitutes "order."

Even a clan like Marehan, for instance, that may have possible showdowns of its own coming up due to the sheer resentment towards certain pro-Ahmed Madoobe MPs standing for reelection WILL MOST LIKELY NOT lead to discontent because INTERNALLY the clan is almost unanimously on one side of the issue.

What is going on in Habar Gidir is GENERATIONALLY unique situation.

It is rare that a clan has such an INTENSE internal disagreement about what constitutes leadership hierarchy which brings a level of COMPETITION to HG that I have certainly not seen in any other Somali clan at least within the last two elections since the end of transition.

If it could not get more competitive, in comes XAAF declaring bid for Qaybdeed's Senate seat.

This type of challenge IS NEVER done in Somali clan culture.

1. Xaaf and Qaybdeed are elder statesman of their Sacad clan. The clan's unity is dependent on their PUBLIC cooperation not competition.
2. The price of failure IS STEEP. Total and utter risk to stature, relevance, and basic standing in their clan. This isn always a great deterrent to challengers.
3. Finally, BAD BLOOD is 100% part of the outcome. Even if you win, wr are a segmentary lineage system. If your win comes at the expense of another segment of your base, it is a hollow victory.

https://www.gedotimes.com/2021/06/17/da ... ga-hiilin/

But Xaaf has done it and his clan today is probably not happy. Even more than that, it speaks to a larger dynamic within Habar Gidir that is showing warning signs of serious internal disruption brimming under the surface within the clan.

I have decided not to comment about the election and/or strategies (how do you like failing so badly to get my lips moving btw---yes, you ), but this is a general pay attention to something interesting there. :D

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Xaaf declares against Qeybdeed for Sacad Senate seat; pay attn to HG, it can get ugly; this is beyond NN/Madasha,

Postby MrSinister » Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:57 pm

As always, boons think HG will save them. Whether, it's JVA and now putting all of your fate in HG hands. Boons have their own internal issues, I would worry about that before anything else if I were you.

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Xaaf declares against Qeybdeed for Sacad Senate seat; pay attn to HG, it can get ugly; this is beyond NN/Madasha,

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:49 pm

I seen his speech and it was quite funny? He does this every year to get his hush money and relax. Hes an astute old man that knows how to get rabble rousing. I admire his tenacity. :lol:

TarTar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TarTar » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:07 pm

As always, boons think HG will save them. Whether, it's JVA and now putting all of your fate in HG hands. Boons have their own internal issues, I would worry about that before anything else if I were you.
me think the otha way

Budhcadland benefit from Galmudug getting distracted from the task of administering reunited Mudug n Galdadud

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:16 pm

me think the otha way

Budhcadland benefit from Galmudug getting distracted from the task of administering reunited Mudug n Galdadud
Why are you iidoors obsessed with puntland? I thought you were a different country? Have you accepted that you’ll never be a separate country. Tell Jeegan to stop conning your people about ictiraaf. Who knows maybe SL and PL can be allied states against the south. This can happen when you have serious leadership and drop the separatism con.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:40 pm

^The only con jobs around are those who think confederalism and a divided Mudug will remain in place forever

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:49 pm

^The only con jobs around are those who think confederalism and a divided Mudug will remain in place forever
:lol:

Xaalada meel xun bay maraysaa if that is your only hope for recognition. Just remember you will never be recognized as a separate country so long as Puntland exists. You can cry and calacaal all you want to foreigners. They will continue to take your money and laugh at you behind your backs.

If I were you guys, I would stop wasting my time and take my place in a federal Somalia. Instead you guys lie and con your poorly educated Mirqaan community about ictiraaf, while begging the federal government of Somalia for states portion of aid.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:29 pm

me think the otha way

Who knows maybe SL and PL can be allied states against the south. This can happen when you have serious leadership and drop the separatism con.
Stop begging it mate

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:39 pm

me think the otha way

Who knows maybe SL and PL can be allied states against the south. This can happen when you have serious leadership and drop the separatism con.
Stop begging it mate
Do I owe your mom child support? Stop following me around.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:38 pm

me think the otha way

Stop begging it mate
Does he sound like MJ to you? He is weird wallahi. His aggressive attack was so unprovoked and really unsolicited, it is a parody actually.

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:09 pm

Stop begging it mate
Does he sound like MJ to you? He is weird wallahi. His aggressive attack was so unprovoked and really unsolicited, it is a parody actually.
He may MJ, but he could be a sheegato. On the internet you never know. The aggressive attack is trolling and or a emotional response. It’s best to just ignore children, his/her views are not Normal discourse among Reer PL.

The thing is if you are under 40 living in the west and you hold strong views about any clan you have purely been brainwashed when you was young by the family. A pity.

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:53 pm

^ What is it exactly you are alluding to in here? Are you saying, the under 40 Western-raised Faaraxs with 'strong' qabiil views are not actually to be blamed themselves, but it is all the fault of reer baadiye parents who raised them that way?

STARKAST
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby STARKAST » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:18 pm

^ What is it exactly you are alluding to in here? Are you saying, the under 40 Western-raised Faaraxs with 'strong' qabiil views are not actually to be blamed themselves, but it is all the fault of reer baadiye parents who raised them that way?
What I am saying is that they are failures in life. Mentally weak to be honest.

If you was not of battle age during pre 1991 then you have been brainwashed and are living a lie.

NGM
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby NGM » Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:51 pm

Ustad BB these people were leaders once and always use to compete at the highest level and now they are just content with keeping together a clan fiefdom that is both impractical and completely anti-federal, something tells me in the soon to come era of 1m1v they will be completely left behind and only a distant memory. The smart ones will come under MX leadership, just like their recent ancestors as recent as the 50s use to claim MX in present Doollo Zone. :lol:

X-Mudug region = Galmudug

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:47 am

Ustad BB these people were leaders once and always use to compete at the highest level and now they are just content with keeping together a clan fiefdom that is both impractical and completely anti-federal, something tells me in the soon to come era of 1m1v they will be completely left behind and only a distant memory. The smart ones will come under MX leadership, just like their recent ancestors as recent as the 50s use to claim MX in present Doollo Zone. :lol:

X-Mudug region = Galmudug
:lol: :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.