Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

I need help snet fam.

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

I need help snet fam.

Postby original dervish » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:24 am

Basically I need a route into Somalia from the UK.
There are around 10 of us so paying £2000 each quarantine fees is out of the question.

Djibouti is on the Amber list so we can fly there and cross into sl.
However, I've no idea what the Djibouti authority is like....is it easy to enter sl from Djibouti?

Also what about other routes......like Greece to Addis- Hargeisa?

Thanks in advance snet fam.

AbkoowDhiblaawe
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: I need help snet fam.

Postby AbkoowDhiblaawe » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:28 am

Go via kenya. It won't be more than 1100 usd in total.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:54 am

Sxb......Kenya is on the UK red list.
If you fly to any red list country direct from UK you gotta pay £2000 quarantine fees before leaving the UK.

If you wanna fly to a red list voluntary I will first have to fly to Amber or Green list country.

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:57 am

Catch Pegasus airlines from UK one way or return to Turkey. from Turkey, let your ticket be bought in Mogadisho by Turkish Airline, and sent it to you via e-mail. Trust me you won't even spend no more than $1000.

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:58 am

On your way back use a green country in between and stay there a week.

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:12 pm

Catch Pegasus airlines from UK one way or return to Turkey. from Turkey, let your ticket be bought in Mogadisho by Turkish Airline, and sent it to you via e-mail. Trust me you won't even spend no more than $1000.
As a low cost airline, Pegasus isn't know for reliability, is known for shoddy practices. If there aren't enough passengers, the flights are usually cancelled.
On your way back use a green country in between and stay there a week.
Not as simple as like that. For instance, Morocco as a country in the amber list, has its own list (A & B). Those coming from B countries (Kenya, Somalia, etc) must have a compelling reason to visit, and must quarantine in government approved 4/5 star hotel for 10 days. Those coming from green countries must be fully vaccinated. Of course, everyone must have a negative PCR test. Due to some countries issuing bogus* PCR tests or certificates of vaccination, many countries have adopted a measure testing passengers at the airport of arrival. In these times of travel uncertainty, there's a higher risk of getting stranded somewhere, spending a hefty amount trying to get back, being fined a hefty amount for trying to go around the rules, etc.

* https://hiiraan.com/news4/2021/July/183 ... pdateFront

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:24 pm

Zidane......Turkey is on the red list.
I was thinking of first flying to Greece/Athens then Turkey -Somalia.

What about Djibouti.....does anyone have any info on that route?

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:11 pm

Ma dhulkii rabteen baajuunta inaad ka dhacdaan miyaa u socotaa? lol

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:16 pm

UK citizens aren't welcome in most parts of the world. They transformed green countries such as Portugal and Spain to an infection hotspot and introduced the Delta variant to mainland Europe. Not to mention, they gave the world the Alpha variant. Bulgaria the latest country placed in green list has banned British tourists:
Bulgaria bans British tourists as country goes on UK’s green list

Brits have been banned from travelling to Bulgaria amid concerns about rising Covid-19 cases.

The ban comes into effect on Monday – when Bulgaria, Croatia, Hong Kong and Taiwan will be moved onto the UK’s green list for quarantine-free travel.

The Balkan nation is a popular destination for package holidays and for those seeking an affordable beach break in the south of the country.

Hopes were raised when the UK transport secretary Grant Shapps said people returning from Bulgaria would no longer have to self-isolate from July 19.

But holidays there are off the cards once again after Bulgaria added the UK to its own ‘red zone’ travel list, along with Cyprus, Spain, Fiji and Kuwait.

It had previously put the UK in its amber zone, meaning visitors were permitted if they were fully vaccinated, had recovered from the virus or taken a recent negative PCR test.
https://metro.co.uk/2021/07/17/bulgaria ... -14943189/

Ma dhulkii rabteen baajuunta inaad ka dhacdaan miyaa u socotaa? lol
:lol:

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:56 pm

y.
OD Use the Air France airline to go to Djibouti from the UK via Paris transit. France is on the Amber list for the time being so be quick

Once you reach Djibouti take either a land vehicle to enter SL or take the Air Djibouti flight to either Somaliland or Somalia

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:40 am

Big break.....thanks sxb.
What are the visa requirements for UK visitors and covid rules.

Do you know anyone who has used this route recently?

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Sat Jul 24, 2021 5:11 am

Big break.....thanks sxb.
What are the visa requirements for UK visitors and covid rules.

Do you know anyone who has used this route recently?
Well France like most countries doesn't demand a visa for merely a transit so you'll be waiting temporarily in the Paris airport for only 3 hours as normal

In Djibouti I suspect you will not have to quarantine at all hence you can just move about normally. You can get a visa on arrival but maybe for a fee. Better to purchase a Djibouti evisa online

I don't know anyone personally who used this route but both France and Djibouti are only in the Amber list so this helps

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:44 am

Thanks sxb,

I've checked the Djibouti covid rules and if you haven't been vaccinated you have to quarantine for 10 days.

I have no intention of getting the vaccination but might have to bite the bullet on this one. It's becoming increasingly difficult to travel while being unvaccinated.

Another option may be to not enter Djibouti just transit through to Hargeisa.

It look like I've got to options.......first fly to an Amber listed country and the transit through either Addis or Djibouti.

They only thing is covid rules are constantly changing. It may be that I go through all this rigmarole and still wind up paying to quarantine, with the possibility of being prosecuted when I return to the UK.

It's a tough one fame.....but thanks for your advice.
It may be safer and easier in the long run to just pay the £2000 and fly to Addis.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:40 am

Good luck :up:

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:05 pm

Why are you not vaccinated? If you live in the west, it is readily available.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.