Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Can Somaliland reach an agreement with Roble now?

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Can Somaliland reach an agreement with Roble now?

Postby BigBreak » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:17 pm

It seems that the next indirect presidential election in Somalia isn't going to take place until well into 2022, around May/June and PM Roble is set to remain in place until this contest has happened. I would like the Somaliland government to reach out to Mr Roble and pressure him to accept a UN monitored referendum on whether SL remains independent and subsequently receives official recognition from all countries or whether we reunify with neighbouring Somalia in the form of a two-state confederation. Ignore Farmajo he's powerless and Roble has full executive powers so the prime minister should be brave and seize the initiative to make history by ending this 30 year standoff in a mutually beneficial agreement

TarTar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Can Somaliland reach an agreement with Roble now?

Postby TarTar » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:29 pm

It seems that the next indirect presidential election in Somalia isn't going to take place until well into 2022, around May/June and PM Roble is set to remain in place until this contest has happened. I would like the Somaliland government to reach out to Mr Roble and pressure him to accept a UN monitored referendum on whether SL remains independent and subsequently receives official recognition from all countries or whether we reunify with neighbouring Somalia in the form of a two-state confederation. Ignore Farmajo he's powerless and Roble has full executive powers so the prime minister should be brave and seize the initiative to make history by ending this 30 year standoff in a mutually beneficial agreement
the ex italian colony shoulda hade PM prez only. but since they got both positions. so u a need their prez n their AMISOM protected parliament to agree. otherwise, Kenya's maritime agreement with the Osman Mahamud PM of SS would be binding on the ex italian colony.

it ain't possible to have a bilateral agreement of divorce between Somaliland n Somalia widout the the ex italian cololony having a functioning federal government.

hence y i always say tha stealth secessionist project of Garowe is a national security threat to both Somaliland Republic n the ex italian colony of Somalia

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:54 pm

^then we should help Somalia capture PL the same way Eritrea helped Ethiopia to take control of Tigray. We should help Somalia on the condition they first accept the referendum I mentioned

TarTar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TarTar » Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:50 pm

^ tha big problem with the stealth secessionist is their extra territorial interference in the other 4 federal member states of Somalia. as well as in Somliland Republic. as long as the ex italian colony has a functioning federal authority controlling it's 4 main federal provinces, the stealht secessionists can be ignored

a federal government controlling Jubaland, Hirshabele, Galmudug, n Southwest is the ex italian colony needs. then we can move to final status negotiations.

after Somalia accepts divorce, I would advise her to 1st sponsor local nationalist n peaceful movements in magertenland. don't rush into a potential military quagmire in the least economically viable corner of the ex italian colony

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Fri Dec 03, 2021 9:45 pm

Mutual Assured Destruction, is about the only thing on which Skinnies would agree.

gobdoon
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gobdoon » Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:34 pm

Referendum, what makes you think you lot would win that

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:43 pm

Referendum, what makes you think you lot would win that
Isaaq alone is around 80% of the ex British Protectorate. Anyways why do you care...... you are a langaab Dhabyaco who is scared of Hawiye and Marehan :lol:

TarTar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TarTar » Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:02 pm

⌃⌃ Somaliland ain't helping ur stealth secessionist plot against Somalia. we would rather face a strong Somalia. IC mediated negotiations between Somaliland will lead to 1 of 2 options. option 1 Somalia agrees to Somaliland referendum. option 2 a return to 1980s followed by anotha 1991.

Somaliland would rather face those 2 options than let stealth secessionists have veto power over federal decisions of the ex italian colony. we know tha stealth secessionists would veto any bilateral agreement of divorce between Somaliland n Somalia

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:41 am

Never gonne work hawiye is useless when talking about Somaliland. We sped 3 years talking to them.and zero. Whar makes you think they will agree to a un supervised referendum.. i think we need pressure the African union and present oir fact finding missions to them of 2005 to re.open our case.. talks with Somalia is usseles if it isnt arbitrated by the west..if there is one thing hawiye and darood agree is their bitter opposition to Somaliland recognition. I some how believe hawiye is even further oppossed Somaliland independence then darood the daarood are practical if we gave darood their claimed their territories they will sign instantly especially mj but it isnt something we gonbe do. Hawiye is just opposed for what ever reason nostalgia somaliweyn feaver i dunnow.

GuleedWarsame
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby GuleedWarsame » Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:25 am

Dream on :lol:

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:19 am

Dream on :lol:
You're a powerless boon so who are you :lol:

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:22 am

Never gonne work hawiye is useless when talking about Somaliland. We sped 3 years talking to them.and zero. Whar makes you think they will agree to a un supervised referendum.. i think we need pressure the African union and present oir fact finding missions to them of 2005 to re.open our case.. talks with Somalia is usseles if it isnt arbitrated by the west..if there is one thing hawiye and darood agree is their bitter opposition to Somaliland recognition. I some how believe hawiye is even further oppossed Somaliland independence then darood the daarood are practical if we gave darood their claimed their territories they will sign instantly especially mj but it isnt something we gonbe do. Hawiye is just opposed for what ever reason nostalgia somaliweyn feaver i dunnow.
Interesting, Hawiye are not found anywhere in SL hence they shouldn't have any problems with accepting our independence unless they need Isaaq to babysit them and hold their hands due to being incompetent in governance.

SL should just lobby as many countries as possible including tiny ones like Belize to ignore Somalia and just directly recognise us.

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Sun Dec 05, 2021 9:58 am

Why didn't your maamul try it for more than 15 years?
Interesting, Hawiye are not found anywhere in SL hence they shouldn't have any problems with accepting our independence unless they need Isaaq to babysit them and hold their hands due to being incompetent in governance.

SL should just lobby as many countries as possible including tiny ones like Belize to ignore Somalia and just directly recognise us.
With your sort of narrow-minded thinking, you're making them more hostile to you.

TarTar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TarTar » Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:31 am

it would necessarily have to be mediated by IC. but Somaliland dispute with Somalia won't necessarily along tribal lines. Somaliland never had an opportunity to negotiate with Somalia. tha 2 Hawiya leaders b4 Farmajo were incompetent fools dat got played by budhcadland. Once the ex italian colony gets a strong president we can have genuine negotiations. don't matter what tribe he is. IC mediated talks can only lead to 2 outcomes. a return to 1980s civil war. followed by another 1991. or the ex italian colony agrees to an honorable referendum.

if niggas choose outcome 1, tha Somalia government will disintegrate along tribal lines. back to 1991. in that case Somaliland should not make the same mistakes we did in 1990s. no somaliland civil war. in fact somaliland, should try to pull off an EPLF-TPLF style new Somali Republic. help 1 of tha prosomaliland factions factions fighting for power in Hamar. or invite a few Somalia based factions to Hargeisa n declare Somaliland is tha new Somali Republic. then sign off on Somaliland independenc referendum

nonintervention in the ex italian colony bin tha biggest somaliland mistake since 1991

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.