Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The corruption begins

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

The corruption begins

Postby MrSinister » Thu May 19, 2022 10:16 am

I wonder how much of the money will actually go to drought relief. Farmajo had his issues but he was probably the least corrupt president Somalia has had since the civil war. I can’t believe he kept the money seized from the UAE in the central bank for this long.

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: nomand, first of my names, king of the andals and the first men

Re: The corruption begins

Postby Nomand » Thu May 19, 2022 10:48 am

none will go to drought. majority hassan sheikh will take and he will give some to rooble.

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Thu May 19, 2022 12:54 pm

none will go to drought. majority hassan sheikh will take and he will give some to rooble.
HSM is not wasting a lot of time before starting the looting

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nomand » Thu May 19, 2022 1:22 pm

:eat:
2 years of racking up bills in hotel jazeera has to be paid up. Next inline is the salaries of the armed forces. Then salaries of the mps.

SultanOrder

Postby SultanOrder » Thu May 19, 2022 2:37 pm

:eat:
2 years of racking up bills in hotel jazeera has to be paid up. Next inline is the salaries of the armed forces. Then salaries of the mps.
Norway pays the salaries directly into their accounts.

Sbashi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sbashi » Thu May 19, 2022 3:00 pm

Buckle up, it's gonna be 4 long years of mucaardnimo for all of us.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Thu May 19, 2022 4:30 pm

As someone who is fiercely N&N, it is too early for Mucaaradnimo. He hasn’t even taken office yet. I called out everyone who became Mucaarad the day Farmaajo became President, and will not be that guy now. I intend to give 3-6 months before giving my first judgment.

OwQariib
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby OwQariib » Thu May 19, 2022 8:04 pm

The corruption never stopped for it to begin. This is the most corrupt country in the world :lol: Farmaajo himself spent Qatari money on his election campaign. He kept hold of the UAE money which he linked to some early opposition members like AAW. Btw what happened to the Barawe airport renovation that cost 5 million? All NN did was exacerbate pompous media punchlines like debt relief which was already in place. Read the miisaaniyad amounts Farmaajo's government had compared to 2012, it was over 500 million more dollars bankrolling but there's a clear lack of transparency on expenditure. Holding a pen in the air and exclaiming 10 million dollars will be allocated to support government schools in the region doesn't mean the money has left the bank account. You gotta show the last government's budget and spending review first.

https://somalipublicagenda.org/review-o ... -services/

paperino
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby paperino » Thu May 19, 2022 8:11 pm

I wonder how much of the money will actually go to drought relief. Farmajo had his issues but he was probably the least corrupt president Somalia has had since the civil war. I can’t believe he kept the money seized from the UAE in the central bank for this long.

Farmaajo set the bar high; people would look back and compare his administration to future ones.

MrSinister
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby MrSinister » Thu May 19, 2022 9:01 pm

The corruption never stopped for it to begin. This is the most corrupt country in the world :lol: Farmaajo himself spent Qatari money on his election campaign. He kept hold of the UAE money which he linked to some early opposition members like AAW. Btw what happened to the Barawe airport renovation that cost 5 million? All NN did was exacerbate pompous media punchlines like debt relief which was already in place. Read the miisaaniyad amounts Farmaajo's government had compared to 2012, it was over 500 million more dollars bankrolling but there's a clear lack of transparency on expenditure. Holding a pen in the air and exclaiming 10 million dollars will be allocated to support government schools in the region doesn't mean the money has left the bank account. You gotta show the last government's budget and spending review first.

Those are fair points. I prefer a corrupt HSM than a power Hungry farmajo to be honest. But I do think the bar has to be higher for every new president. Maybe I’m jumping the gun, and he’ll announce how the funds will be allocated, but it just looks bad.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Thu May 19, 2022 11:22 pm

As someone who is fiercely N&N, it is too early for Mucaaradnimo. He hasn’t even taken office yet. I called out everyone who became Mucaarad the day Farmaajo became President, and will not be that guy now. I intend to give 3-6 months before giving my first judgment.
This is good walahi. You can be pro N&n without appearing a lunatic in a cult to the extent of announcing divorce from your wife or leaving the religion. At the end of day farmaajo doesn't pay your bills. By all means critique the current president after 6 months. I know for sure he isn't much better than Farmaajo but hoping we don't see these assassinations that took hold in the last five years or so.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Thu May 19, 2022 11:25 pm

The guy had too much ego and that was his down fall.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Thu May 19, 2022 11:30 pm

On top of that he had enormous appetite for power. It speaks volume the fact a sitting president was dragged to participate in an election he would have actually had he played his cards right and actually tried making deal with his darood cousins such Deni and madoowe as we soon came to find out Deni was essentially hogging the votes that could've gone to him. I think this election will unify the darood next election farmaajo if he returned the villa is all his.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Thu May 19, 2022 11:34 pm

But then making a deal with Deni and madoowe is like making a deal with the devil. Never ending drama he would have to deal with.

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nomand » Fri May 20, 2022 4:02 am

Those are fair points. I prefer a corrupt HSM than a power Hungry farmajo to be honest. But I do think the bar has to be higher for every new president. Maybe I’m jumping the gun, and he’ll announce how the funds will be allocated, but it just looks bad.
hassan sheikh is corrupt plus power hungry, however hassan sheikh has hyenas like 30 jir/ wasiir tiktok and al cadaale all with him. expect 4 years of intimidation and assassinations for any MP that tries to speak up. if i was an MP, i would go back to my tuulo for the next 4 years or spend it abroad. The parliament itself will be null, everything will be a presidential executive order by hassan sheikh like his previous term.

to be honest a country like somalia needs a weak PM and a weak parliament and a strong president for it to function.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.