Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

So it's not even about Abu Mansur or even the PM, Ethiopia's "goal" is bring down Hassan Sheikh..

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
SultanOrder

So it's not even about Abu Mansur or even the PM, Ethiopia's "goal" is bring down Hassan Sheikh..

Postby SultanOrder » Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:53 am

The first 6 months they will cement and/or take control over ;

-Western Galgaduud upto Dhusamareb including establishing a presence for the first time in Abudwaq. If this introduction is successful and Ethiopia wants to establish permanent presence in Abudwaq, there are hopes of connecting Abudwaq by road to Wardheer/Shilabo for a major gateway in to Galmudug sort of like a central Dollow.

-Hiiraan by tightening her political control over Beled-Weyne and moving forward the Feerfeer presence. Beled-Weyne is literally the city-state of the Shabelle corrider and who has it has political control over the entire Hiiraan valley

Both Gedo and Bay, Ethiopia already has long ongoing security and political investments, but what is probably the biggest story in Ethiopia's movements now is how significantly her investments have paid off especially in Gedo. Rer Gedo and Ethiopia went from being enemies having the worst relationship in the region to Gedo becoming Ethiopia near abroad in Somalia. The security investments Ethiopia has in both Gedo and Baidoa are secure enough they had no reason to send a single soldier in. They did it to send a message.

The next 6 months to a year;

Ethiopia is going to expand beyond Bay and Gedo and unlike others, I don't believe they are going to base troops into offensive territory like up to Barawe or Lower Shabelle or to Kismaayo challenging KDF, but they will for now secure politically and militarily the entire territory of Northern Jubbaland up to Bu'aale and Baydhabo environment.

After a year, it will become apparent to even the blind what Ethiopia is doing and they are not even hiding it;

1. They expect the Federal Govrt to have broken down.. meaning even the President and PM are at war, and even Parliament has become completely broken down into little units all at war. This initial kumbaaya will be ancient history they believe.

2. By that time, Ethiopia has such a grip in the interior everyone will be aware of who will be deciding more than half of the next Somali parliament/government. Ethiopia intends to play hardball that makes Kenya look negotiable.

They expect many of these MPs by then will be eating out of their hands trying to curry favor.

And Ethiopia will encourage and welcome them in. And they will be used against Hassan Sheikh from within the Federal Government. And Ethioia's goal with all of this is to bring down Hassan Sheekh, even successfully impeace him. They will not allow him as they hope to get to 3 years.

There is no negotiating. They don't want to negotiate. They don't want to talk. They don't want even anything that makes it seem what he did is forgivable.

To Ethiopia, what Hassan Sh did in the Nile issue is "unforgivable."

He has to be made an example of and they are going to try with everything fhey have got to make an example out of him.

Kees70
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: So it's not even about Abu Mansur or even the PM, Ethiopia's "goal" is bring down Hassan Sheikh..

Postby Kees70 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:28 am

Mark my words Ethiopia won't have any presence beyond Gedo, Bay and Bakool, these 3 Region are known to be Ethiopia's conquered territory since 1995.

As for the Hawiye Deegaans you mentioned like Baraawe, Galgaduud and Mudug its delusional wishing on your part, ask yourself why there are no Ethiopian army stationed in any Hawiye territories, its because Hawiyes were always against it, Ethiopia and Hawiyes are fire and gas, highly unlikely to work together.

SultanOrder

Re: So it's not even about Abu Mansur or even the PM, Ethiopia's "goal" is bring down Hassan Sheikh..

Postby SultanOrder » Mon Aug 08, 2022 10:59 am

Ethiopia (or even Kenya) actions in Somalia need to have strategic value for their endgoal.This is not about competition for holding territory. This is about achieving strategic interest. Do you understand why they like to use that term buffer zone?

For Kenya and Ethiopia, their strategic interest is influence over their near abroad ("buffer zone") for leverage over the center (Somali gov).

Thus the coastal plains from Hobyo district to Benadir is simply not relevant or strategic to Kenya and Ethiopia.

Now that federalism is established, Kenya and Ethiopia have even less of need to move beyond their buffer zones because their influence there gives them more leverage over a decentralizing "center" that is giving up more power to the regions.

Again, I don't know if you noticed, but the reason why Ethiopia (or Kenya) is not in the lands you mentioned is not about their ability to be there, but the fact those lands are not strategic for their end goals.

In general, the main clan family you mentioned (H-clan) occupy the smallest portion of Kenya and Ethiopia's border with Somalia (the small area around Beled-Weyne district) and hence are of little value for Kenya and Ethiopia's strategic interest or engoal in Somalia.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:50 pm

looks like you was inspared by my post in BigBreak thread, Same talking points like in a year and the deconstruction of the Govt(Prez vs new Pm imposed by Ethiopia and it's local allies ) :lol:
but let me tell you something important; The issue of overthrowing the government is out of the question because the Westerners protect it. It can only happen through the Parliament but because the government is strong in Mogadishu it will resort to security measures to prevent this from happening as Farmaajo did against Mursal motion and this is one of the things they took from him and i said it before
What will happen is to destabilize and paralyze the SFG in the states through their forces in the name of fighting Al Shabaab and cooperating with them and at the end Hassan Sh will be forced to bow to Ethiopia after some years of westing his time same shit they did with Abdiqasim when he fired Ali khalif and appointed Awrtable and Mj who betrayed him later when they joined imbgaati shir

how can you change laftagareen in 6 months if Ethiopia keeps him in Baidoa? there wont be parliamentary elections until december 2023 and he controls the current mps. if Ethiopia supports him he will stay with the parliament.

As for Barawe and the other 4 ports that Farmaajo promised to them, they want to implement by force what they agreed with Farmaajo.
Laftagareen is in Ethiopia now they invited QoorQoor but he is afraid of his clan they were saying he is going to send Ciid to Ethiopia maybe he is afraid too the latest reports says he sent secret wafdi to them.

Xamar waxaa ka jira HAGbacklash oo ka dhashay siyaasadii Farmaajo oo mideysay xukuumadana waa u dhan yihiin cid lu kaceysa ma jirto sidii Farmaajo dhibka wuxuu ka heestaa soo nooleynta mashruucii ilmogareen oo asaga ogalaadey inay sii joogaan iyo PL iyo JL i can say Hiiraan will be with them untill change happens in Hirshabelle.

qorshahooda waa in UPD badalaan gareenada markey waqtigooda dhameystaan laakin siyaasada waa la isku gaadaa nimankaan itoobiya hadey heleen bas waaye waa in nimber 1 siyaasadaada tahay sidii aad isu dhaafin la heed intaadan masar iyo itoobiya soo dhex galin.

this is my post"
"Qorshaha itoobiya ilaa baraawe waaye oo ah xarunta labaad ee KG baydhabo waa soo dhaafee, dhinaca kale Gedo, Hiiraan iyo Galgaduud. waxaa imaanee in Xassan ay ku qasbaan inuu badalo pmka oo mid ayaga ka ag dhaw la magacaabo, Masar la fogeeyo. inta itoobiya lala heshiiyano oo shuruudeeda loo fulinayo sanad waa qaadan kartaa. inta ka horeysa Hassan Sh ma dhaafayo marka, Jowhar iyo Xamar.

Maamul goboleedyada hada ayaa laga hor keeni ilaa heshiis magacooda lagu gaaro oo wax walbe badalaya. qaar ka mida ah aa u gacmo haatinayaan inay soo gasho oo dhihi doona anagaa u yeeranay si ay Al shabaab nooga caawiso.
abuu mansuur oo wasiirada lagu darey oo itoobiya ka hor timid. waxaa jira qorshe mid UPD ex senator ilyas ali hassan iyo rooboow ku tartamayaan kg after 6 months oo itoobiya u aragto in Al shabaab qabsanayado kg hadii abuu mansuur soo baxo saa darteed laftagareen meesha ku heynayso oo sanad ku darsadey

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Mon Aug 08, 2022 2:33 pm

Sahal I had to stop reading your analysis when you stated...." The government is strong in Mogadishu".

HSM true to form has messed up his presidency within a week of taking office.

Like all Somalis HSM has overplayed his hand massively.
All he had to do was steer his government to the centre and play off the regional powers against each other.

Instead he has gone in search of a new pimp for Somalia and it has upset the old pimp.

sahal80
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sahal80 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 3:10 pm

Sahal I had to stop reading your analysis when you stated...." The government is strong in Mogadishu".

HSM true to form has messed up his presidency within a week of taking office.

Like all Somalis HSM has overplayed his hand massively.
All he had to do was steer his government to the centre and play off the regional powers against each other.

Instead he has gone in search of a new pimp for Somalia and it has upset the old pimp.
I'm talking about the federal government in general since Mogadishu is under it's jurisdiction and also the fact that there is a strong local coalition. ciidanka waa isla ciidankii policeka waa isla policekii waxaa la badalayaa bas taliyaashooda waxay kaloo wadaan inay dhamaan safiiradii farmaajo keenay badalaan oo la siinayo kuwa qeyqeyliya iyo kuwa raageersan sida Qatar, UAE, Egypt, China, Russia. waxaa soo harey waa lacag iyo ciidan baarlamaanka u isticmaalaan .

even hadii lafta gareen loo diido halkii sano uu ku darsadey baarlamaankiisaa dooran kara 4 sano oo cusub under Ethiopia oo heesa xog in abuu mansuur iyo mid UPD ah ku tartamayaan. kaalay noo fur doorashada fiqiyoow kadibna waa ku deysay. Ethiopia will not allow abuu mansour to become president.

gobdoon
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gobdoon » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:02 am

All those plans are predictions depending on the situation Ethiopia which is not stable but those running to Ethiopia are short sighted and making big mistakes, there's no denying there differences and disputes with the new government but the solution is not running to Ethiopia, instead of finding Somali solutions for Somali problems they would not succeed

noer
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby noer » Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:40 am

ustad sultan order. got 90% but last 10% is incomplete. last 10 depends on gurgurte's incompetence n ethiopia'n government ability to control oromoland n cagderland kilils

Sbashi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sbashi » Tue Aug 09, 2022 9:53 am

Thanks for the analysis V. Any allowance of ethiopia into cabudwaaq must include 2 districts of mx with their own liyuu polis in somali state. Specifically in geledi and shilaabo. Are there any plans for that?

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:02 pm

I’m afraid my fears of HSM are becoming true, with that cringe worthy meeting with Musevini being the latest stunt. My fear with HSM was that he has no desire other then serving as mayor of Benadir, while filling the boorso. Nothing has led me to think otherwise. My goodness though I thought it would take more than a 100 days

My prediction is he will absolutely finish his complete term, because he’ll make sure Hawiye political class in Xamar are taken care of. Rest of Somalia can be Kilinka 6aad, NFD, etc who gives a hoot it’s not the seat of the Gov. Heck at this rate HSM might come back again 2026, as it will most probably be another dadban elections in Afisioone. His only competitor would be Farmaajo who I don’t see coming back. My advice forget about Zoomali politics.

Note: Walle it is 100% Dulmi Somaliland is not recognized. Let’s all be honest.

BigBreak
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BigBreak » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:36 am

I’m afraid my fears of HSM are becoming true, with that cringe worthy meeting with Musevini being the latest stunt. My fear with HSM was that he has no desire other then serving as mayor of Benadir, while filling the boorso. Nothing has led me to think otherwise. My goodness though I thought it would take more than a 100 days

My prediction is he will absolutely finish his complete term, because he’ll make sure Hawiye political class in Xamar are taken care of. Rest of Somalia can be Kilinka 6aad, NFD, etc who gives a hoot it’s not the seat of the Gov. Heck at this rate HSM might come back again 2026, as it will most probably be another dadban elections in Afisioone. His only competitor would be Farmaajo who I don’t see coming back. My advice forget about Zoomali politics.

Note: Walle it is 100% Dulmi Somaliland is not recognized. Let’s all be honest.
You are so insincere I feel like showing pity towards you. Where was you when your failed uncle Mooge was in the bunker! As a Somalilander I know how the typical Somalian shamelessly changes from faux nationalist to narrow clanist as soon as their clansman is no longer the so called president of AMISOMLIA

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:26 am

Big break I think you are in the wrong here I think Murax is one of the most reasonable walanweyns out there I have known him for. Couple of years now he calls a spade a spade it’s not a crime though that he thought farmaajo would do better for Somalia then culusow or even wanting that farmaajo is doing better for Somalia then culusow wanting something better doesn’t make one necessarily a clanist I think he genuinely believes farmaajo would do a better job as president then culusow this an argument one can defend with out having to be coined tribalist He is also right that Somalia is hopeless and wanting to form a country with somaliland is out of the question so he is right on that angle to

grandpakhalif
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby grandpakhalif » Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:45 am

Great Analysis Proffessor Voltage I hope Cabudwaaq join DDSI and escape this hellhole.

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:23 am

^ You would rather be enslaved by axmaar than having a fellow Skinny for president, simply, because the latter happens to be of hawiye extraction? Nothing could make more sense.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:25 pm

With xastmaajo gone so is the qarax. What a breath of fresh air!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.