Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Breaking: Oil drilled in Salaxlay, Somaliland

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Breaking: Oil drilled in Salaxlay, Somaliland

Postby mahoka » Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:42 am

Ministry of energy confirms that “traces of oil were found in salaxlay”

Mashallah, this is a big gamr changer - before the civil war American oil companies were of the idea that large quantities of oil were present in Somaliland.

Isseayaanle
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Breaking: Oil drilled in Salaxlay, Somaliland

Postby Isseayaanle » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:13 am

Mashallah, this is a big gamr changer - before the civil war American oil companies were of the idea that large quantities of oil were present in Somaliland.
Please don’t insult our intelligence. Your warlord adeer bixi is using this as a defelection from the upcoming habro wars and an excuse not to hold elections. The habar awal/Jeclo hegemony in the north is quickly coming to an end. Kulahaa there is oil.

OwQariib
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby OwQariib » Thu Sep 29, 2022 6:24 am

Looks another gold rush attempt that happened in Sanaag. I don't think that is crude oil either.

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:13 am

Please don’t insult our intelligence. Your warlord adeer bixi is using this as a defelection from the upcoming habro wars and an excuse not to hold elections. The habar awal/Jeclo hegemony in the north is quickly coming to an end. Kulahaa there is oil.
Don’t worry my dear, starving darods will be happy to see donations in the upcoming droughts. I heard the US is cracking down on the darod frauds stealing money from hungry children so there won’t be that much being sent from Minneapolis

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:14 am

barbarossa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby barbarossa » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:25 am

Fellow wanlaweyns, please, refrain from making any negative comments that may be construed as inaa ka naxeyno walaaleheen reer waqooyi galbeed striking rich with the reported discovery of a vast oil reserves.

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: nomand, first of my names, king of the andals and the first men

Postby Nomand » Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:42 am

Why say traces? If it was oil they would have said we found oil mixed with some water and mud.

original dervish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby original dervish » Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:30 am

It's what's called an oil seep......they have been known in Somaliland since the 1950s.

Although exciting it's not new news and it's not a game changer either.

What it does demonstrate is that Somalis, North and South have tremendous resources......unfortunately that doesn't extend to its political classes.

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Thu Sep 29, 2022 9:31 am

mashalla i knew that allah would release us from poverty as he love his choosen people the sadaat people we finally came through long live reer bani Isxaaq allahu akbar walilahil xamd

Kees70
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kees70 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:00 am

Guul Somaliland :sland: :up:

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nomand » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:38 am

mashalla i knew that allah would release us from poverty as he love his choosen people the sadaat people we finally came through long live reer bani Isxaaq allahu akbar walilahil xamd
What about reer awdal? And reer sool and sanaag?

Or are you ready to ditch them.

:MJ:

Kees70
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Kees70 » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:44 am

It will mean that those minority deegaan especially ilmo jeerties will be fully enslaved (per SNM manifesto) and rightly so, the Sadaat Nation Somaliland will be victorious.

ReturnOfMariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ReturnOfMariixmaan » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:48 am

Blessings. Never share this with non Somalis. Can’t wait to live like Arabs and treat others horribly 🥂

Nomand
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Nomand » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:52 am

It will mean that those minority deegaan especially ilmo jeerties will be fully enslaved (per SNM manifesto) and rightly so, the Sadaat Nation Somaliland will be victorious.
Kees,

Do you know shabaab today took over ceeldheere which is a village inbetween Dhusamareb and guriceel.

mahoka
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby mahoka » Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:53 am

Mudane why is the darod community reacting so negatively to this news? From twitter to Facebook beesha darod has not taken this news well. I wonder why

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.