Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somalinet and Qabyaalad

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Somalinet and Qabyaalad

Postby Turbulence » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:42 am

I am curious. Would you say Somalinet or other sites like it made you more of a clanist/hateful over the years towards your fellow Somalis before you were exposed to them?

SovietReunion

Re: Somalinet and Qabyaalad

Postby SovietReunion » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:38 am

Yes, it has even gotten to the point where I neglect my studies to karbash someone.

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:47 am

Yes, it has even gotten to the point where I neglect my studies to karbash someone.
:lol: Multitasking is the way.

Sbashi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sbashi » Tue Feb 07, 2023 11:47 am

Yes. It made me more qabilisit before I was exposed to them. However, my experience is like a concave down curve. Eventually after I spent more time in these sites and dived deeper and understood Somalis better I became less clanist.

The initial increase in qabilism is attributed to me knowing things I never knew before which shook my principles and ideas I had about the somali people. I grew up knowing 0 about qabiil issues and it wasn't a topic brought up or discussed in the house. I only knew my basic abtirsi and so all the fkd and the ugly history was eye opening for me.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Feb 07, 2023 12:52 pm

It has made me less truthfully. I have become exposed to other's points of views and perspectives at an intimate level I wouldn't have otherwise within the Somali political situation. That exposure has contributed to my perspective becoming more complicated and nuanced than previously when I was just aware of my point of view.

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:17 pm

Nope i had crash course in qabyaalad back in my high school. Used to live in a small town with 90 percent darood when it comes to somalis in that town. I was shocked when this cagdheer retard with no chill threw my clan under the bus at one stage during social studies when the white teacher asked him out of curiosity about Somalia. They are taught young. To this day am still shocked.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:34 pm

Nope i had crash course in qabyaalad back in my high school. Used to live in a small town with 90 percent darood when it comes to somalis in that town. I was shocked when this cagdheer retard with no chill threw my clan under the bus at one stage during social studies when the white teacher asked him out of curiosity about Somalia. They are taught young. To this day am still shocked.
What did he say? :lol:

OwQariib
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby OwQariib » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:45 pm

I apply the simple logic of "if everyone hates me, i hate them all, but if everyone hates each other, then i hate no one".

Khalid Ali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Khalid Ali » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:52 pm

What did he say? :lol:

He probably said hawiye are dark skin and the niggers and untouchables of Somalia

FarhanYare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby FarhanYare » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:09 pm

we gave the light skin award to isaq :lol:

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Tue Feb 07, 2023 8:21 pm

You know some of the most naturally light pigmented faradheer Somalis I have seen happened to have been HG/Cayr. I am not even talking post-civil war generation Somalis but older.

Farxaan, ma Mareexaanki idin dhalay baa? :) :lol:

SadSayyid

Postby SadSayyid » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:39 pm

Somalinet has made me much more tribalistic.

Growing up when I used to look at maps I'd wish one day it'd say "Gulf of Berbera" instead of "Gulf of Aden".
In any YouTube talking about history I'd be very happy when the HOA was marked with Somalia or if they spoke/reffered to it as the "Somali coast". After Somalinet I'm trashing "Benadir state" and telling Hawiye they can't claim Benadir history or being Benadiri.

It's made me a lot less hateful though, I used to beef a lot with Ethiopians and Kenyans on Reddit. Nowadays I'm a lot more reconcilitary and peaceful.

GameChanger
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby GameChanger » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:10 pm

we gave the light skin award to isaq :lol:
The Most lightskinned somalis have seen happened to be Hawiye or related to them Xawaadle, Saraansor ((Gaaljecel, Dagoodi and Ajuuraan) including Jajeele.

I remember once visiting Kenya and running into dozens of Dagoodi Suju and visited areas they settled in by accident I was stunned by the beauty of these people. As a male I was obvioiusly attracted to the females they had height and beauty inclunding the most lightskinned somalis which trumps Xawaadle, Saraansor and Gaaljecel. I have also visited the Ogdeen regions but they have nothing in comparison. Dagoodi resemble more like Amxarro in the light complexion where as the Ogdeen resemble Oromo including their facial features Dagoodi resemble the Amaxarro if they don't speak with you in suju dialect you would assume they are ethiopian

Nubis
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Nubis » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:52 am

Not really.
Last edited by Nubis on Sat Feb 25, 2023 2:09 am, edited 3 times in total.

Turbulence
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Turbulence » Sat Feb 25, 2023 1:54 am

Not really.
But I became very more religious, and full time niqabi..
Good for you. No offense but you come across as a bot.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.