Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1 year later: HSM names 1st Marehan director general...the DG for "airports & passenger travel..

Daily chitchat on Somali politics.

Moderator: Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

1 year later: HSM names 1st Marehan director general...the DG for "airports & passenger travel..

Postby Gubbet » Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:39 am

Sbashi I look forward to your thoughts on this especially in regards to the 7 month war HSM and Mahad Salaad waged trying to bring Gedo Region's 6 and especially Dollow's Dawa Airport taxes under their control

Sbashi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: 1 year later: HSM names 1st Marehan director general...the DG for "airports & passenger travel..

Postby Sbashi » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:36 pm

Hsm is coming to gedo soon. I think that 1. He appears to be showing goodwill by appointing a mx before his visit to reduce tensions. 2. Attempting to use this guy's authority and influence as mx to bring the airports revenue under HSM. 3. This guy is definitely coming to gedo too with HSM and staying there to "take over" the airport. An important objective in his list of why he wants to come to gedo.

I think you made it plainly obvious though kkk.

skywalker25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Maxamud Saleebaan Xirsi;''Xafashkiyo intaad boonta Gedo soo xodxodanayso''

Re: 1 year later: HSM names 1st Marehan director general...the DG for "airports & passenger travel..

Postby skywalker25 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:06 pm

Back to polishing Hawiye boots after your disastrous grab for power.

Marexanns from one Ikoyar to another let me give u a word of advice. Rule number one; never outshine the master.

Ps, I swear, I refused to comment on the liberal loose use of the word airport to what is infact dirt track in some hamlet. Somalia/land has maybe to airports Mogadishu and Berbera/Hargeisa. Everything else is a dirt track or maybe a little pavement.

Sbashi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sbashi » Sat Apr 01, 2023 3:58 pm

Marexanns from one Ikoyar to another let me give u a word of advice. Rule number one; never outshine the master.

Ps, I swear, I refused to comment on the liberal loose use of the word airport to what is infact dirt track in some hamlet. Somalia/land has maybe to airports Mogadishu and Berbera/Hargeisa. Everything else is a dirt track or maybe a little pavement.
Ina adeer have you considered a break? The current events can be hard on anyone's mental well-being. So take care of yourself.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sun Apr 02, 2023 1:32 am

This is where nonsense meets reality.

Somaliland doesn't have domestic air travel industry.

Somalia does and Gedo Region is the single largest component of that.

I relayed my flight from Mogadishu to Dollow here which transited in Bardere;
Might I also add those routes are also the most filled, trafficked.

For example, on my flight from Mog-Dollow, I randomly kept hearing Swahili speakers and find out since Turkey and Qatar went to Mogadishu Airport, many northern Kenya/southern Ethiopia folks from outside the region went to Mogadishu connecting to DOLLOW, GEDO and then utilized Marehan regional shuttles taking them from Dollow to Mandera or Moyale or Filtu in Liban since neither Kenya nor Ethiopia had real passenger service to that wide location.

It provided a totally new market with ridiculous Marehan monopoly over this neglected service in such a wide region are between 3 countries.

Just imagine the airplane would fly from Mogadishu and it would go to at least 2 destinations in Gedo (in my route going to Dollow we transited quickly in Bardera--one of the folks that got off was my seat neighbor from Holland whose family was doing amazing stuff in cooperative farming, young rer Ugaas Shermaarke guy) where on that same day Gedo would see more passenger serve scheduled and in hundreds and hundreds of kms of ETHIOPIA and KENYA, they weren't providing 1 even to a wide space with perimeter from Nageyle to Mooyaale to Wajir and everything in it from Filtu to Mandera was paying taxes at Dollow, Gedo and utilizing these Marehan passenger shuttles ferrying them throughout the region.

All made possible by this community building their airports 1 by 1 with zero investment by government in infrastructure prior to civil war and even disproportionately being one of the least recipients of donor development funds for recovery in the last 20 years.

Just Gedo region has 2X the number of airports than entire Somaliland has and with Abudwaq, Marehan as a clan has more than 2X

Here is Balanbale airport currently constructed by Marehan the "community" which makes the disparity above increase to 250%

Once again this is where reality becomes important.

It is irrelevant whether you even have a Lamborghini ir not in the "hood" vs 10 Honda Accords when your Lamborghini is parked in a closed garage with you having to "walk" in the neighborhood and those 10 accords are flying your neighbors around facilitating consistent, quick, and easy transportation going to the market 10 times over in the span it takes you in a single route 'to' the same place.

Here is a great mini-doc about passenger service of Dollow's Dawa Airport (pay attention to the trans-border usage by folks headed not even to Gedo region or Somalia, but neighboring parts of Kenya and Ethopia as well as the "shuttle service" which then takes them feom Dawa to Mandera, Kenya for instance

👆 Those are real 'passengers.' That's real passenger 'service.' They pay real 'taxes' (as I did). That's real 'money.' THAT'S A REAL 'INDUSTRY.'

Do you understand this reality clarification for you about what the actual 'substance' of this issue is or do you need more help?

Brought to you Sahan Tours, provider of the best shuttle service at Dawa Airport, Dollow, Gedo, Somalia.

Last edited by Gubbet on Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:14 am, edited 4 times in total.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:09 am

Hsm is coming to gedo soon. I think that 1. He appears to be showing goodwill by appointing a mx before his visit to reduce tensions. 2. Attempting to use this guy's authority and influence as mx to bring the airports revenue under HSM. 3. This guy is definitely coming to gedo too with HSM and staying there to "take over" the airport. An important objective in his list of why he wants to come to gedo.

I think you made it plainly obvious though kkk.
I am even ignoring the fact he named Garyare, a guy I have serious disagreements with but which I am uncomfortable labeling "horgal" as ultimately the issue with Garyare is more about freedom of consciousness and right to association for me than outside agent.

HSM is very, very, very clearly an opportunistic predator. He 'wants' and 'wants' and 'wants' for---HIMSELF while he 'takes' and 'takes' and 'takes' from----YOU.

This guy was the only presidential candidate to congratulate El Wak selecton heist which was a broad daylight Uhuru attack on Marehan equity while he activated "Mudulood wadatashi" for alleged and unseen Farmaajo 'attack' on their equity.

He took SNA troops from Gedo---to Runnirgood. He went to his villages outside Abudwaq but ignored it. He gave PM, Police Chief, and etc to Madoobe while firing Gurbe who was the only DG.

He cut MX off from even donated drought aid let alone civil service and military.

And yet he is in front of you asking for the little revenue Gedo get from the the small air travel industry

Marehan needs a strong, unambiguous "something" that brings this man and his predatory narcissism clearly and unmistakenly right back down to reality.

Gubbet
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gubbet » Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:35 am

All made possible by this community building their airports 1 by 1 with zero investment by government in infrastructure prior to civil war and even disproportionately being one of the least recipients of donor development funds for recovery in the last 20 years.

👆 Those are real 'passengers.' That's real passenger 'service.' They pay real 'taxes' (as I did). That's real 'money.' THAT'S A REAL 'INDUSTRY.'

And this is how MX for example built Dollow's Dawa Airport through community self-help "iskaa wax u qabso"

👆 That is organic community driven and created "industry" bringing in actual revenue beyond the actual airport.

So next time someone references something relevant to discourse please do NOT bring in 'I have a runway built in Berbera by the Soviets' or 'expanded by the Americans and UAE and it gleams silver.'

What it gleams is---I won't add something 'cute' here but only to just say, understand relevance and importance going forward. This discussion was about taxes from passenger service which our 'tracks' have and Berbera doesn't.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.