Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Guys i need advice regarding Work placements for Accountancy

Xirfadaha Kale

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
NobleMJ

Guys i need advice regarding Work placements for Accountancy

Postby NobleMJ » Sun Apr 12, 2015 1:13 pm

Hi guys i'm an ACCA trainee, looking for a work placement. I've been having a hard time landing a work placement as most of them ask for a year or 2 years of experience. They would all expect that since most people come through AAT apprenticeships which practical experience is a must. However, my case is quite different because I took the short cut by catching up after a gap year of school leaving. My highest qualification is Foundation in Accountancy Diploma - ACCA, equivalent to level 4 AAT. Other than that is just my GCSE's Including maths and IT.

Any advices? I would really appreciate it.

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Guys i need advice regarding Work placements for Accountancy

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:05 pm

Make up beyn on your resume. That's how I got my shaqo.

I'm telling you the best advice you can ever get.

I am,

Abdi "Tell them what they want to hear" Johnson

NobleMJ

Postby NobleMJ » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:41 pm

I am,

Lool but that dosent get you far though does it, and are you an accountant?

AbdiJohnson
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiJohnson » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:45 pm

I am,

Lool but that dosent get you far though does it, and are you an accountant?
No I'm not.

Yes it gets you far. Listen to my advice or you'll regret not doing it

I am,

Abdi Johnson

afisoone
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: We all want to become president even though Amisom controls Mogadishu

Postby afisoone » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:10 pm

My advice is to contact via letters. Never send a resume until someone requested your resume. During the phone talk you will know they are looking for you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
For me Hennepin county this summer. I hope I get call. They told me fill out the hennepin application. That is where they asked me if I have 8 years of experience.
------------------------------------------------

sending letters helpful. They called it cover letter. I called personal letters.

NobleMJ

Postby NobleMJ » Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:43 pm

My advice is to contact via letters. Never send a resume until someone requested your resume. During the phone talk you will know they are looking for you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
For me Hennepin county this summer. I hope I get call. They told me fill out the hennepin application. That is where they asked me if I have 8 years of experience.
------------------------------------------------

sending letters helpful. They called it cover letter. I called personal letters.
Yeah we call it a cover letter here In England too. I sent them that but I guess i'm just running out of luck. I even made myself a linkedin account where I've added lots of connections in the same field. I was told that I needed to bypass the gatekeepers (Receptionist) aswel who either waste your time and give you false hopes telling you the boss is going to email you back or do some other B.S

MzLady

Postby MzLady » Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:28 pm

best way to land job is find small accountant firm in order to get experiance needed must of them are unpay enternship but u will learn a lot in no time. Good Luck

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.