Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SHOULD I 4GIVE MY UNCLE

Arimaha qoyska maanta

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
nura2006

SHOULD I 4GIVE MY UNCLE

Postby nura2006 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:44 pm

I have lived in the UK since i was 12 yrs old. I have been back to somalia few times and have not lost my culture but last week my uncle has forced my teenage cousin to marry an old man, and when i say old I mean 80yrs of age. she is 19 yrs old and no word of a lie she is the perfict girl she is tall like my uncle very light skin and long dark hair. she is also sweet little girl. she has respect for her oldest and most of all her father who she can't fight. problem is she is in the middle of no where she has no money and even if she ran way she wouldn't go far and he would catch her so I think she has just accepted her worst nightmare. I spend days crying and decided that as far as i am concerned my uncle is dead to me. as a parent he has failed his daughter. I don't believe parenting ever ends and regardless of how old your kids are you have a responsibility to make sure they are happy and do everything in your power to help them where you can. but uncle has pushed my little cousin to a life of unhappiness because this old man only wants a pretty little girl. he can't do anything to help out in the country side and she will be on her own. If I had news that both my uncle and cousin died i would take it easier than this. now I know i can never forgive my uncle for what he did , I feel he has no respect for his daughter which means he has no respect for me. his father (my grandad) asked each of and everyone of his daughters when men aproached him and when they said no he told them he would never force his daughter to do anything they wouldn't want.
so I can't understand why he couldn't be like his father.

I dont know if i should feel this way but she turned heads where ever she went and now i feel her life is over.
does anyone agree with me or am I mad

Nivea_x
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: SHOULD I 4GIVE MY UNCLE

Postby Nivea_x » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:19 am

Why u making things up?

Madd_Scientist_
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: SHOULD I 4GIVE MY UNCLE

Postby Madd_Scientist_ » Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:22 am

^^ :lol: :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.