Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

i had no idea this section existed...

Arimaha qoyska maanta

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

i had no idea this section existed...

Postby zulaika » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:45 pm

and every topic is locked? :(

let's talk family matters..

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: i had no idea this section existed...

Postby Coldoon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Did Steve Urkel ever end up having a relationship with Laura?

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:42 pm

lol, no steve urkle never had a chance...but she married stefan urquelle and jonny gill was singing at the wedding. :mrgreen:

so if a man strikes out with a female.. he just have to reinvent himself(hit the gym, get some swag..or just bump into money) and he can have that same hard to get woman. :)

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Coldoon » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:20 pm

I think she was always into him, but most women tend to go for men with confidence, therefore Urkel lacked that trait for the most part. Towards the end, both Stefen and Steve proposed to Laura, unfortunately, Urkel was sent to space and eventually he came back. Guess who welcomed him back? Yup, Laura did. Technically, they got married.

Personally, I think women are absolutely easy to get.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:58 pm

Personally, I think women are absolutely easy to get.
easy for some men.... because they are good looking, good talkers,...

and for very few men...who are simply on another level have other factors(money/status) which proceed their efforts, thereby making it easy to get women without speaking.. :mrgreen:

so basically, no man just walks into a room full of women and picks with ease without any efforts applied(directly or indirectly)

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Coldoon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:15 pm

So, basically you're saying women are like objects. They are as easy getting disposed as it is buying them. Frankly, the only difference between a prostitute and a married woman is the 'price tag'. Don't you agree?

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:30 pm

well I've heard of the price tag analogy argued as a common factor in the attainment of women(through marriage or paying for illicit sex)...rather than the disparity you speak of...but since you're on that track of mind, I would agree to a certain point..... yes, there is definitely a difference between the 2, and its beyond price tag, not very difficult to convey, and honestly, I would expect you to know.( this is me being highly respective of your faculty of thought..and rationality) :mrgreen:

furthermore, it would be naive of me not contextualize the objectification of women as per social norms(of respective cultures)... in the west, it is very real..and awful truth really, where sex sells and women are encouraged to commodify their bodies. the best bod' for the highest bidder(on the extreme end. as well, sex sells isn't necessarily applicable to performing the act itself but attributes of sex(looking sexy, etc).

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Coldoon » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:08 pm

As I expected. Using the Western culture's short comings as a way to debunk the 'price tag' analogy. From a Islamic perspective, it's a must that the groom has to pay a certain amount of wealth, be it money, jewelry, land, etc to the bride and/or her family. This is decreed by Allah and with that being said, I honestly have no objections against it.

To be frank, I was going to 'pick a fight' with you, argumentatively, that is, but I realized my argument will not have any Islamic support. Although, logically speaking, we both agree that the 'price tag' argument makes perfect sense. Nonetheless, the least I can do to water your 'tree of hope' is to tell you that the 'age of chivalry' is still alive. By the way, about respecting of my 'faculty of thought and rationality', likewise.

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:27 pm

very well put..

as for chivalry, it will always be alive so long as there are men/women willing to uphold the values 'ordained' for their well-being and dealings with one another.

thnx for watering 'my tree of hope'.. :mrgreen:

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Coldoon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:16 am

As much as I am reluctant to continue to argue for a loss cause, I can't resist but to ask; who 'ordained' us to uphold to certain values and set of norms that we tend to follow blindly? Care to remind you, I'm not talking about the Islamic values that we should follow, ordained by Allah (swt).

Do you believe that a husband and a wife should have different roles or are you the type that believe in gender equality, where both the husband and wife should practically have the same roles?

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:49 pm

As much as I am reluctant to continue to argue for a loss cause, I can't resist but to ask; who 'ordained' us to uphold to certain values and set of norms that we tend to follow blindly? Care to remind you, I'm not talking about the Islamic values that we should follow, ordained by Allah (swt).

Do you believe that a husband and a wife should have different roles or are you the type that believe in gender equality, where both the husband and wife should practically have the same roles?
Your reminder holds my answer.

As for gender roles(in marriage).. not to answer a question with a question, but how efficient would u run an organization where all of its members/employees were assigned the same role and performed the same task? so my answer is no, I don't believe in "equal" roles....... bani aadam left to their own devices will always struggle to reach a happy medium between matriarchal/patriarchal constitution of family life. personally, I aim to bear as little of the burden come the day of reckoning when men will be held responsible in their role as guardian of their wives/children, therefore I am not the type to renounce the male stewardship of the family order. that being said, I am also realistic to think a man or a woman will not always fulfill his/her role as intended therefore welcome an effort to equal competency in each respective roles, should the other fall short. There's enough resources in our Islamic traditions for guidance... I don't need enlightenment from modernity that i cannot reconcile with the life/sunnah of our prophet Muhammad(SCW).

DANGIRL
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DANGIRL » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Well, now you know.

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Coldoon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Fair enough.
I am also realistic to think a man or a woman will not always fulfill his/her role as intended therefore welcome an effort to equal competency in each respective roles, should the other fall short.
And such efforts would be..?

I'm not trying to put you against the wall, just need a little clarity. How can both spouses equalize competence in each other's respective roles without resulting in utter chaos?

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:01 pm

do you have a family? (married)

Coldoon
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Coldoon » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:47 pm

I'm in a relationship, but not married. Let me guess, my question(s) will be answered once I'm married?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.