Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

male and female friendships

Arimaha shukaansiga maanta

Moderators: Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
suga_n_spice
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

male and female friendships

Postby suga_n_spice » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:43 pm

can a man and a woman really be friends without any alternative motives?! before and after any romantic relationship?!

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: male and female friendships

Postby QansaGabeyle » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:14 pm

can a man and a woman really be friends without any alternative motives?! before and after any romantic relationship?!
Yeah it is possible. Some people can love each and care for one another without really having any romantic feelings for that person. It is a difficult thing to do though and I believe only few people can pull it off. With that said, married couples cannot really maintain a relationship like that with someone that they are not married that is of the opposite sex. They are just too many with their every day living to be able to do something like that.

I have a question myself. Can you fall in love with someone you have never met in real life but you have seen many times in pictures and videos?

Gifted
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gifted » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:26 pm

I don't really think you can have a really close relationship with the opposite sex and it be completely platonic. I guess there are a few exeptions though.

LaQaNyO
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LaQaNyO » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:18 am

I think you can pull it off.. when you have an enormous amount of mutual respect for one and other.. i have a very good male friend, he is ciida which makes it allot easier... :oops: and he is married... so i know definetly we are safe :up:
But i must stress... friendship between both genders is hard to maintain unless u really respect each other... nd proximity must be kept to a minimum, meaning minimum contact.. cause if u start to cross each others paths too often stuff can develop!!

Qansa.. if you have got to know their personality... you might be infatuated/in love with their personality but i believe its all infatuation at 1st, love only comes when you live together and are married.

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:34 pm

Qansa.. if you have got to know their personality... you might be infatuated/in love with their personality but i believe its all infatuation at 1st, love only comes when you live together and are married.
Harroow Lalaqanyo. :lol: So love is not possible before marriage? Man here I was thinking I have fallen in love several times already. Damn I should have known. I am assuming infatuation is a temporary session of love. The whole concept of what love is very vague though.

LaQaNyO
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LaQaNyO » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:39 pm

Ello my friend with the picture of the Bham dude :lol:
Infatuation is somewhat liking the idea of liking the person i guess.... i dnt know if you have felt love or not, maybe u did... but videos and pictures?
Beyonce by any chance? :|

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:52 pm

hi and bye, how you doing? hows the family? friends-YES.

real friendship friends, like my best girlfriend-friend-then NO!!!

you cant even say to a guy omg, and he's like.. what? my back hurts, what wrong? im on my period.

see it just dont work.
:down:

suga_n_spice
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby suga_n_spice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:08 pm

i think it's different for everyone.

i have one guy who's a friend to me, honestly i luv him even though im not dating him. i dont know how he feels, but i can honestly say that he's always here for me. listens to me, talks to me whenever i need him. and im more comfortable telling him anything then anyone else. last night he's like "suga, u only call me when ur driving or doing the dishes" :lol:

LaQaNyO
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LaQaNyO » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:19 pm

Lol@ dishes.. so typical of me :lol:

Seriously from my experience suga... those type of relationships dnt last long.. one of youse is gonna break down at one point.

Surr.. sis ur obviously not going to discuss redweek with a bloke.. but u can talk about allot of other usefull stuff depending on what you have in common.

suga_n_spice
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby suga_n_spice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:22 pm

:lol:

laqanyo, so far so good. i mean we both have our other lives with whoever, but we still talk to each other. and u know what it's like washin the dishes girl. u can't possibily stair the wall u need someone to talk to

LaQaNyO
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LaQaNyO » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:26 pm

:lol: i definetely know all about the dishes.
So what is it that has made u stay friends with him then.... presuming he has made a move on you.. there must be something putting u off?

suga_n_spice
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby suga_n_spice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:32 pm

simply, the fact that there r no strings attached. i mean we talk to each other when we want. we're not obligated to talk to one another.

LaQaNyO
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby LaQaNyO » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:36 pm

Oh i see 'friends with benefit'
Benefit= keep my company when doing dishes or driving :lol: Ileyn Fariid, ciida ba aheyd :oops:

suga_n_spice
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby suga_n_spice » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:42 pm

:lol:

haa "ciida ba aheyd" indeed. but i wouldn't say friends with benefits. between the two of us, he's the one that's nice to me.

Walaashiis
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Walaashiis » Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:49 pm

This is an old thread, but an interesting one.

I believe in nin iyo naag ey saaxiib noqon karaan haddii midkood uu mid ka kale uuna ekaantiisa jecleen ( i mean thinks he or she is ugly).

gaar ahaan nimanka saaxiib lama noqon karaan naag qurux badan ayagoon ku fikireyn in halkaas maruun waxa ka soo baxaan.

laakiin hadii u arko gabadha in ey ugly tahey saxxiib kaliya wuu la noqon karaa. :twisted:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.