Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How cautious is too cautious?

Arimaha shukaansiga maanta

Moderators: Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Nanees

How cautious is too cautious?

Postby Nanees » Mon Mar 19, 2012 5:59 pm

I've known couples who spent five years together before getting married... and other couples who waited 1 month before a nikax. What do you think is an approriate amount of time to wait inbetween meeting somebody for the first time, and getting hitched? How about if you've already known the person but are only just starting to get to know them in this new way, would you wait the same amount of time?

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: How cautious is too cautious?

Postby The_Patriot » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:04 pm

dude its you to decide.
You can wait for 10 yrs if you want.

greenday
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ruux bukaanka ku nacay, adoo bahan katagay....Ala barasho, barasho wacanaa!

Postby greenday » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:13 pm

LOOL@ "ila tali walaal" :lol: :lol:

I use to think 2 years plus lakiin as i get older i realise qofaa bari kubaroweyse bil kuma baratid.

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:16 pm

You can always divorce. why do people make it seem like marriage is an irreversible contract?

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:21 pm

dude its you to decide.
You can wait for 10 yrs if you want.
So you dont think 1 month is unreasonable if it feels right? :lol: and how about waiting 6,7 years to get married? I think thats ridiculous. What are your upper limits that make you go "Only Xmonths? You're crazy!" or.. "You've been talking for Xyears, war inaa lillah, just is guursada ama is dhaafa."

LOOL@ "ila tali walaal" :lol: :lol:

I use to think 2 years plus lakiin as i get older i realise qofaa bari kubaroweyse bil kuma baratid.
IKR lol, fobsite, why are you speaking korean?
You can always divorce. why do people make it seem like marriage is an irreversible contract?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

eliteSomali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby eliteSomali » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:25 pm

Your somali has immensely improved,nannes. You deserve a cookie.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:25 pm

I reckon anything longer then 6-8 months *a year maxx* is ridiculous.. How long does one need to get to know someone.. :|

greenday
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ruux bukaanka ku nacay, adoo bahan katagay....Ala barasho, barasho wacanaa!

Postby greenday » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:27 pm

I reckon anything longer then 6-8 months *a year maxx* is ridiculous.. How long does one need to get to know someone.. :|
Say you meet someone but you are not ready for marriage in another 5 years maxa sameynee?

Nanees :roll: :roll:

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:29 pm

:lol: Elite thanks saxiib, but wouldnt some xalwa be a more appropriate gift than a cookie :? are ileen cilmaha mareeykaanka ku koreey wax ma kasayan.

So six months the original date of you ever meeting the guy is long enough to nikax/guur/ect? I think its not just a 'need to know' thing, but also a comfortability thing, like how long will it take for you to get comfortable with them being in your life before you take the next step.

Green :lol: abaayo, im jking but seriously you know my af somaali is shit, ii fasir nooh i want to understand what you said so i can understand you boo :rose:

waryaa
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby waryaa » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:30 pm

It depends. In some relationships, dating a long time is not an issue. However, the problem arises when one of the two wants some action and the other plays abstinence card and says let's wait till we get married.

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:32 pm

It depends. In some relationships, dating a long time is not an issue. However, the problem arises when one of the two wants some action and the other plays abstinence card and says let's wait till we get married.
So you think you should wait until your legs start opening by themselves like somebody taped polar magnets to your thighs? :lol: what if you can both restrain yourself indefinitely, what then?

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:38 pm

Say you meet someone but you are not ready for marriage in another 5 years maxa sameynee?
Already happened and I kept it moving.. :| If its meant to be it'll be.

So six months the original date of you ever meeting the guy is long enough to nikax/guur/ect? I think its not just a 'need to know' thing, but also a comfortability thing, like how long will it take for you to get comfortable with them being in your life before you take the next step.
Yeah why not..
The thing with me is I lose interest easily.. Anything longer then a year is just crazy.
If I can see a future with the lad and I am comfortable around him why wait.. :|

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:39 pm

Already happened and I kept it moving.. :| If its meant to be it'll be.

Yeah why not..
The thing with me is I lose interest easily.. Anything longer then a year is just crazy.
If I can see a future with the lad and I am comfortable around him why wait.. :|

:up: :up: :up: i agree, on the flip side then ,how soon is too soon?

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:04 pm

That's a tricky question.. I guess it depends on the couple and how fast they are moving.
I know one lass who only knew her man for less then 2 months before they got hitched.. But they both knew they were interested in marriage from the get-go.
For me personally a month is just too soon.. :lol:

Nanees

Postby Nanees » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:08 pm

That's a tricky question.. I guess it depends on the couple and how fast they are moving.
I know one lass who only knew her man for less then 2 months before they got hitched.. But they both knew they were interested in marriage from the get-go.
For me personally a month is just too soon.. :lol:
omg two months? :shock: wow mashaAllah, how high is their imaan subhanaAllah.

I like the way you think West, :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.