Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

A Library for Mogadishu

Talooyinka Guud

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Wilo

A Library for Mogadishu

Postby Wilo » Tue Feb 16, 2016 5:16 pm

Bismillah
Assalamulykum everyone!
over the last two or so years I have started becoming more and more interested in the Somali culture and Somalia- I'm Somali, but raised abroad. I found out that there isn't a lot good quality information about the country and there doesn't seem to be a unified focal point to get the exact information you need on the internet. That was until I discovered this site! Allhamdulliah!

Sorry for the long intro. To get to the point, I read that there isn't a library open to the public in Somalia currently, which shocked me!
Here is where I need advice and support, I want to get together with other like minded Somalis and build a library in Mogadishu. But I know that can cost a lot of money, but what if we started small and bought a bus that is converted into a library- like the ones they have in poor communities in London, or else where for that matter.

I have tried to find out where to buy a bus which can be converted into a library or how to ship a ready made one from Britain, or else into Somalia to reach its destination in Mogadishu. Also how to collect books or raise money to fund the project. Would other Somalis be interested in something like this? Are there other similar projects out there that maybe we can support? Please advice.
I have recently opened up a Crowfunder page to raise money for this project.
All advice appreciated.
Love and Peace
Wilo

Wilo

Re: A Library for Mogadishu

Postby Wilo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:28 am

Dear all those who read this please leave some advice for me. God bless

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.