Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Curing acid reflux with apple cider vinegar!

Arimaha Caafimaadka

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Avicenna
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Curing acid reflux with apple cider vinegar!

Postby Avicenna » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:16 pm

Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Postby Daff » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:32 pm

I will give it a try..do you have to keep drinking this or just when you have the symptoms. Also does it work for everyone or its hit n miss, I want stop taking Nexium...

Avicenna
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Avicenna » Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:43 pm

D&M - Watch the Dr Oz video I posted, it'll help explain the logic behind apple cider and how it's to be used.

Personally when I took it, I would take it everyday, at least 2x a day, for almost a month. Once in the morning (after breakfast) and once at night (after dinner).

I was also on Prevacid back then. I stopped pepcid, mylanta, pepto, etc. Those over the counter antacids are supposed to work immediately, but Nexium & Prevacid work long-term. Apple cider vinegar works immediately like the antacids, take it only after you feel that burning in your chest after eating something spicy, oily, citrus, etc. But never stop the Nexium, because it's healing your stomach by inhibiting the proton pump that releases stomach acid in to your stomach. Less acid means less acid up your esophagus and less symptoms. Just keep taking it.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:02 pm

Just bought and trying it. I got H pylori when I was 16 ever since then I have suffered really bad acid reflux. :x

Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Xaga aad Ujeedaa Mala waa Xidigaheee Ninka Xoolo kaa dhacay Ka dacwee Xafiisyada

Postby Daff » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:10 pm

I bought this today 3 bottles :lol: $15 and change...Nexium works for me I take one in the morning and I could eat anything I want without any symptoms, But longterms use of Nexium isn't recomended, I need an alternative, something natural. I will start tomorrow, it says mix 1-2 tsps with 8 oz of purified water and drink it 3 times a day.

I will let you know if it works

Beans
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Beans » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:24 pm

Lots of folks with acid issues.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:28 pm

Awesome.

Does this help with gastric problems?

Daff
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Daff » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:31 pm

Lots of folks with acid issues.
Too much stress + bisbaas cagaar back in the day

Avicenna
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Avicenna » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:31 pm

Awesome.

Does this help with gastric problems?
Not everything. If anyone has stomach ulcer or gastritis which are completely different from acid reflux, stay away from the cider vinegar. It will only make the stomach sore/ulcer & gastritis swelling worse. Some people take it to help with digestion, others with treating nausea, etc. In my case, no antacid worked, not even pepcid which most people swear by. Then I googled alternative medicine and found the apple cider vinegar, tried it even though I was skeptical. Then to my amazement, it worked immediately. I felt like a pressure lifted off from my chest in a matter of moments. Ditched the antacids and stuck to it. Then I eventually healed and now only take the vinegar as needed. I eat pretty much anything with little or no acid issues. Of course establishing regular bowel movement, drinking a lot of water, limiting caffeine use all help. Most gastrointestinal issues are linked to either food or bowel movement.

I see acid reflux as a way of your body fighting back, after a lifetime of abuse.

Voltage - You should give it a try.

D&M - It'll take some getting used to. Post here how it goes.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:10 pm

Avi, thanks for the info. :up:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:13 pm

Couple days use so far and my heartburn has lessened in frequency. :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.