Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

7 Surprising Ways Junk Food Makes You Miserable:

Arimaha Caafimaadka

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Avicenna
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

7 Surprising Ways Junk Food Makes You Miserable:

Postby Avicenna » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:59 am

This popped up on my android pulse over the weekend. Good read!
Sugar, bad fats, processed carbohydrates. These dietary devils are what make up the bulk of all junk food—and bulk isn’t the only thing they cause. According to Jim White, R.D, owner of Jim White Fitness and Nutrition Studios in Virginia Beach, VA, foods like processed “white” carbs, packaged cookies, potato chips, sugary sodas, and high-fat burgers and fries not only pack on pounds, they can cause physical symptoms and conditions that make you look and feel like, well, crap. These seven potential side effects of a diet high in junk food just might inspire you to make a beeline for the nearest Whole Foods.
http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/die ... -miserable

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: 7 Surprising Ways Junk Food Makes You Miserable:

Postby Tuushi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:06 am

If only they didnt quote nutrition studio owner. :lol:

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:07 am

Lol @ crazy lady PMS.

I always say I should eat healthier, but I often find myself back in line at a fast food joint. Mostly pizza.

Thuganomics
Location: Arguments gain nothing but resentment, Disscussion however creates learning

Postby Thuganomics » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:10 am

This sounds like something Daanyeer would post

Avicenna
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Avicenna » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:11 am

If only they didnt quote nutrition studio owner. :lol:
You should read the whole article, dee. :lol:

Alpha - It's a daily battle, sxb. But, think long-term instead of instant gratification.

Being healthy has no price tag. Incremental changes & substitutions work for me.

Ever had organic pizza? Newman's Own makes this all-natural, 4 cheese pizza that I usually buy at the freezer isle. Pop it in the oven @ 400 degrees for a few mins and voila. :up:

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:13 am

Newman's Own. I'll make a note of it and do a review :up:

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:16 am

I read it. :lol:

I am not guilty of junk food abuse,alhamdulilah.

Avicenna
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Avicenna » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:18 am

@Alpha - Inshallah!

If you're a guy who's in to quick, microwaveable meals, ever tried veggie burgers? Soy based, high protein stuff that'll keep you going for hours on end without a carb crash?

What do you normally eat? You could probably sub them out for healthier options.

Tuushi - What are you guilty of, marka? Chocolate? Caffeine? Sodas?

Spill the beans. :mrgreen:

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:21 am

Coffee. U cant classify that as junk food. I can safely say,it has been years since i had soda/carbonated soft drink.

And the occassional chocolate. :D

Avicenna
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Avicenna » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:32 am

Tuushi _ Being a Canuck doesn't help your case either, you're all drowning in caffeine over there. I could smell it from all the way here. :lol:

Why so many coffee & donut shops there? We have a handful here.

Adali
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Throw me to the hyenas and I will return laughing as the pack leader.

Postby Adali » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:36 am

most of these things are easy to quit, I started cutting down on fizzy drinks(soda) a while back and for the past several months I have not had the urge, first I started drinking a lot of juices and then slowly I became more inclined to water, the clean taste of water is really something.
I have never had any problems with fast food, I have hot meals at home Alx :mrgreen: but other things, such as processed food, its hard to get rid of them, because they are everywhere and make life much easier despite being unhealthy.I have started to buy salmon, and I definitely aim to cut down on tuna chunks whiles substituting them with fresh fish.

my biggest problem though is not processed foods, its the bakery, chocolate is where I have a problem, I am addicted to it, and I know it effects me badly, if I eat too much I start getting spots on my face, but can you do, its a price I am willing to pay. :lol:

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:39 am

Winter can be harsh man. :lol:

When i first came here,i couldnt understand why everyone(it seemed like that) was standing outside st minus temp with cigs in one hand and a coffee in the other as they shivered.

Avicenna
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Avicenna » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:55 am

Adali - You've a sweet tooth miyaa, sxb? :lol:

Moderation works best.

Tuushi - Each time I visit the frozen tundra aka Canada, I'm reminded of how caffeine addicted people are. I saw people at Timmie's at 2AM in the morning gulping down a few triple-triples.

Waad waalantihiin. :lol:

Are you in to those frozen coffees?

Tuushi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Tuushi » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:32 pm

That just stereotype. :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.