Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali children in care. .

Arimaha Caruurta Khuseeya

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Somali children in care. .

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:19 pm

This is a growing problem in the west.. :down:

We need more Somali foster parents.. :up:

accident
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Somali children in care. .

Postby accident » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:25 pm

It is a really big problem in Scandinavia and the Netherlands.

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:26 pm

Can you really just go into a foster home and ask Hello can I adopt a somali child

Well not adopt but take care of somali children

When you have brazilian, chinese,moroccan,and nigerian children who all need help

It's a very difficult choice and harder to do then say

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:33 pm

^ There's ways to go about it walaal.. Somali foster parents are very rare, yet they are in high demand. My mate's mother is a foster parent.. They care for 2 young Pakistani brothers MashaaAllah and have in the past cared for numerous Somali children.

Accident - I dont know about mainland Europe.. But I recently got introduced to a young Somali sister in her early 20s who got put into foster care at the same of 5/6.. Because her aunt abused her.. This sister recently reverted but badly wants to get back into the Somali degaan, she speaks zero af Soomaali and hasn't seen her mother who lives back home in Somalia since she left her when she was two years old.. Its really sad.. :cry:

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:39 pm

^ There's ways to go about it walaal.. Somali foster parents are very rare, yet they are in high demand. My mate's mother is a foster parent.. They care for 2 young Pakistani brothers MashaaAllah and have in the past cared for numerous Somali children.

Accident - I dont know about mainland Europe.. But I recently got introduced to a young Somali sister in her early 20s who got put into foster care at the same of 5/6.. Because her aunt abused her.. This sister recently reverted but badly wants to get back into the Somali degaan, she speaks zero af Soomaali and hasn't seen her mother who lives back home in Somalia since she left her when she was two years old.. Its really sad.. :cry:
yeah sis sorry about that. I didn't make my pint clear enough but I basically like what you said.

I personally know alot of somali couples who are having trouble producing kids. If they and all the somalis in their situation would adopt just one kid their would be no more somali kids in foster care.

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:39 pm

yeah sis sorry about that. I didn't make my pint clear enough but I basically like what you said.

I personally know alot of somali couples who are having trouble producing kids. If they and all the somalis in their situation would adopt just one kid their would be no more somali kids in foster care.

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Postby salool » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Most of these kids who called the police on their parents are bad news walle.Ta labaad somalida badankoodo caruur badan haystaan oo maleyn maayo inay taag oo hayan qaar kale.
It's hard enough to take care of ur own kids in these countries let alone foster kids.

greenday
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ruux bukaanka ku nacay, adoo bahan katagay....Ala barasho, barasho wacanaa!

Postby greenday » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:43 pm

Well Somali parents dont want their children ending up with other Somalis as "ceeb qaris" ceeb idinlayde dheh!

Someone needs to set up charity to find Somali children for Somali homes!

accident
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby accident » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:50 pm

A good friend of mine went into foster care when he was 6/7. He wants to get back to his daqan as well. It is really sad, Somalis, wherever they are, are not organized. Our Somali communities are opened for profit only and are divided. In London alone, the amount of Somali community centers is ridiculous and at the same time, I can only count with one hand, community centers that actually help fellow Somalis with legal issues, etc. The Asian communities are organised, they even have lobby groups, lobbying for their interests, schools teaching their language, legal advice workshops, careers networking events, etc. I understand we are a young diaspora but we are just far too divided and the weak and vulnerable fall through the cracks.

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby salool » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:53 pm

^^The asian folks cid gaadhi karta ma jirto.Waa dad isku duuban oo dhaqan adag.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:54 pm

Well Somali parents dont want their children ending up with other Somalis as "ceeb qaris" ceeb idinlayde dheh!
That's a major problem right there.. Uff backward thinking xoolo.. :down: What's worse 'ceeb' or your child being raised as gaal.

Salool - Its not even that majority of the times.. Cadaan folks over here target certain families.. Marmar they even make the children say balaayo through brainwashing.. Its not uncommon.

accident
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby accident » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:01 pm

^^The asian folks cid gaadhi karta ma jirto.Waa dad isku duuban oo dhaqan adag.
Yes but would not be wise to do what they have done? Whenever I bring these points up, I am met with defeatist attitudes. The weak and vulnerable of our society are being preyed upon and there is nothing to be done. It is so stupid.

greenday
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Ruux bukaanka ku nacay, adoo bahan katagay....Ala barasho, barasho wacanaa!

Postby greenday » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:06 pm

West, walahi Somalida waa layaba! and when i see naag ilmo laga qaate who says ilmaheygi galaaheysato dhiiga ikaro! ma Somali la'ana dhacde? why cant you ask someone to look after them? all they look at is the child being back with them! there is a reason why they were taken and if you cant have them walasha can who will let u see them when ever you wish till things are sorted!

Accident, somalis are getting better isbedel dhacooyo :up:

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby salool » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:13 pm

West

Gaaladan lacagtan ay soomalida siineyan ma bilaashba bey kula tahay, caruurtaan sanad kasta lo dhalayo ayey rabaan.
Familiyada badanka halkan caruurta laga qaata wa kuwa caruurta aaney shaqo ku laheyn so kaxeya.

Accident

Somalis are devided to so many groups and every gaal knows that.Walaahi carbta cid so hadal qaad karta ma jirto tv sweden, somalidana example ba lagu so qaata marka qaxootiga laga hadleyo..why? because dad daciif beynu nahay.Inaga iska adag oo rifi naqaan, gaalada xunxuna juuq uma oran karno. :down:

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:20 pm

Familiyada badanka halkan caruurta laga qaata wa kuwa caruurta aaney shaqo ku laheyn so kaxeya.
I've definitely noticed that.. That's exactly what happened to the sister I mentioned above.. According to her foster mother who pretty much raised her.. Her relatives not even once tried to get her back.. They didn't care since she wasn't their offspring.. :down:

I honestly think Somalis need to stop bringing kids who aint theirs to the west.. Especially if they wont treat them like their own..

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.