Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ramadan

Arimaha Soonka

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Barwaaqoiyobashbash
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Ramadan

Postby Barwaaqoiyobashbash » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:32 pm

[Part 1]
-Receiving Ramadan:
People are three:
1. Those who long for Ramadan and impatiently wait for it to be closer to Allah (swt).
2. Those who long for the eating portion of it, i.e. desserts etc.
3. Those who dread it and fear the restrictions it may bring.

- Ramadan is a boost of your imaan that will bring you closer to Allah (swt), and the fruits of Ramadan are received through time management and discipline. Be indirect, inclusive, and positive. This is how we need to change, and Ramadan is the time for this.

- What is the meaning of SubhanAllah? What is the meaning of Ameen? SubhanAllah means that Allah (swt) is perfect in all His names, acts, and attributes. Ameen means "Oh Allah, accept" or "Allahumma istajib wa taqabbal."

- Recall the last hour of last Ramadan.
- What were your best & worst deeds of last year's Ramadan? - What would you have changed?
- Did last Ramadan impact your life?

- How can I know that Allah (swt) has accepted my hard work in Ramadan? --> Consistency after Ramadan. The Prophet (pbuh) said: "أحب الأعمال إلى الله أدومها وإن قل"

- Ramadan is like...
"The most beloved son of 12 sons of Ya'qoub was Yusuf. Likewise, Ramadan is the most beloved month to Allah. 11 sons of Ya'qoub were forgiven because of the duaa of one of them, namely Yusuf. Likewise, the sins of 11 months are forgiven by the blessings of Ramadan."

- Allah (swt) says: "وإني لغفار لمن تاب وآمن وعمل صالحا ثم اهتدى"
Whereas "غافر" means "forgives 1 or 2 times", "غفار" in this Ayah means "in a constant state of forgiveness." SubhanAllah, it is as if Allah (swt) is saying "I am here; the door is open 24/7." However, you must take the initiative yourself. Yes, Ramadan is a means, but, the change has to come through you. Allah will not change a person until that person changes what is within themselves on their own. You need to come first, you need to take that first step.

- What will be your slogan for Ramadan? Did you know that Moses (AS) had a slogan? His slogan was: وعجلت إليك ربي لترضى
Moses (AS) told Allah (swt): I came the first. Allah (swt) asked "Where are your people?" and Moses (AS) replied "They are behind me, and I came first."
So, let your Ramadan slogan be "I will be first." Try to be the first in everything that you do this month, in salah, in going to the mosque, in all that you do.

[Part 2]
Distractions in Ramadan:
1. Identifying your distractions to get rid of them. Food is one of the biggest distractions in Ramadan, i.e. once you become too full, you become too heavy to move, and hence too lazy to complete your salah, etc.

2. Make a list of your distractions.

3. Ramadan is the month of It'am, and not Ta'am, i.e. feeding and not eating. If at the end of Ramadan you have gained more weight and lost more imaan, then you will be of the losers. If, on the other hand, you gain more imaan and lose more weight, it will be a win-win situation.

4. Identify people who distract you, i.e. those who waste your time, lead you towards haram, etc.

5. Think and consult on how to get rid of them.

6. Put your trust in Allah.

8 point plan for Ramadan:
1) Me & Salah - never lose ONE salah in jama3a in Ramadan. "صلاة" comes from the word "صلة", which means connection. So, you are not really in salah until you make the connection with what you are reading, for salah without khushoo3 is like a body without a soul. Hence, the Quran will never hit you in the heart until you understand the words. You cannot live life without connection to Allah. Your life would be meaningless. And the only way to connect to Allah is through...

2) Me & Quran - Ramadan is the month of the Quran. Jibreel (AS) used to come once a year in Ramadan to teach The Prophet (pbuh) the Quran. So, you can never disconnect the Quran from the salah and the salah from the Quran.

3) Me & Sadaqah - It is not how much you give, it is just the fact that you give. Compete for the forgiveness of Allah and Jannah. What do we compete for today? This is what we need to compete for.

4) Me & Taraweeh - Taraweeh is sunnah, but do not forget that Ishaa is fardh. So, if there is something that you'd like to change, pray Ishaa in the masjid.

5) Me & Reaching out Kinship - Forgive and forget.

6) Me and Dawah - Dawah by good manners, leading by example. The best type of dawah is by living Islam.

7) Me & Good Company.

8) Me & Duaa - Duaa is a powerful weapon the Muslims are unaware of. Salah itself is duaa and thikr of Allah (swt).

Some notes:
- The Prophet (pbuh) said:
"من صام رمضان إيماناً واحتساباً غُفر له ما تقدم من ذنبه"
Imaan meaning believing that this is a command from Allah (swt), and Ihtisab meaning seeking the reward from Allah (swt).

- Whoever prays the 12 rukaa of sunnah a day, Allah will build a house for him in Jannah.

TeAmo
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: STOMP STOMP STOMP was the noise the fat little troll made.

Re: Ramadan

Postby TeAmo » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:53 pm

Jazakala khair for posting this. It's really beneficial helps you remember that Ramadhan is the month you try and change/better your self and dedicate to Allah. Really good tips I like the eat less one, would defiantly take that on board makes praying taraweeh easier. :up:

Alizey

Re: Ramadan

Postby Alizey » Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:32 am

Here I want to tell you the importance of Islam. Ramadan is the most precious month in the Islamic calendar (Hijri) and it is obligatory for the Muslims to fast in the month of Ramadan. Here are some interesting and quick points that shows the importance of Ramadan in Islam.
• Allah has made fasting this month the fourth Pillar of Islam
• Allah revealed the Quran in this month
• Allah has made Laylat al-Qadr (The Night of Decree/Power) in this month, which is better than a thousand months
• Allah has made fasting Ramadan and spending its nights in prayer out of faith and in the hope of reward a means of forgiveness of sins
• In this month, Allah opens the gates of Paradise and closes the gates of Hell, and chains up the devils
• Every night Allah has people whom He redeems from the Fire
• Fasting Ramadan is a means of expiation for the sins committed since the previous Ramadan, so long as one avoids major sins
• Fasting in Ramadan is equivalent to fasting ten months
• Whoever prays Qiyaam in Ramadan with the Imaam until he finishes, it will be recorded for him that he spent the whole night in prayer
• Umra’h in Ramadhaan is equivalent to Hajj
• It is Sunnah to observe I’tikaaf (retreat for the purpose of worship) in Ramadan
• It is Mustahabb in the sense of being strongly recommended in Ramadan to study the Quran together and to read it to a great deal
• It is Mustahabb in Ramadan to offer Iftaar to those who are fasting. Hope you like it. Share your ideas.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.