Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quran Memorisation‏ diary

Su'aalo, Jawaabo, iwm

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Quran Memorisation‏ diary

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:34 am

Bismillaahirahmaaniraheem

Since I never use my diary at home, for whatever reasons, I'll make one here and update it frequently InshaaAllah, plus I reckon its a better way to monitor my progress etc.

Tuesday, 11 Ocober, 2001
The most important thing (after intention) is to have a system. A system meaning you have a teacher who you recite to and a system of memorization of the actual pages of the Qur'an... InshaaAllah my aim for the next couple of days is to find myself a reliable teacher who I can recite to, even if its on the phone.. And set up a system and technique to memorize for myself!

Anyone who's interested can join in, we can be motivation buddies.. :)

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Quran Memorisation‏ diary

Postby mcali » Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:55 am

Hey count me in I would love starting to memorize again. How far are you in the quran im not far at all

XaliimoFarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby XaliimoFarax » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:00 am

Ohh good idea count me in too :clap:

Best time to memorise after fajir prayer inshallah I am going to start in few weeks time. Just half an hour a day is my aim and then progress inshallah. Also learning tafsiir one aya a day for a starter :oops:

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:11 am

That's great guys.. I've actually got a few documents on memorisation advice and techniques I found online, if you guys want.

Mcali - I've memorised a good few, but its pretty worthless since most of the surah's I memorised was before I knew tajweed, but AlhamdulilAh I now have a decent knowledge of some tajweed rules, so now Im starting from maybe Surah Aclaa, InshaaAllah we'll see what my new teacher says *when I find her*.. I;ll start memorising from where she thinks is best.. :)

Xalimo - That's true, Fajr time is the best time to memorise the Quran, but one wont get far in memorisation if they dont have a system.. Trust me I've tried a million times. InshaaAllah try and get a teacher.. :)

XaliimoFarax
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby XaliimoFarax » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:14 am

Sadly I just quite my dugzi teacher last month he used to come once a week. :| I will see how I go with mum for a while.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:52 pm

Dear diary..

I'm sorry, I've been very lazy lately, like usual...

But AlhamdulilAh I've finally found a teacher.. :up:
But she's busy for a few weeks.. Marka, my plans are the following:

29 October 2011
Starting from the date above, need to wake up 2 hours earlier than usual and get my Quran on InshaaAllah!

Watch this space.............

salool
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: "Live Each Day As If It Were Your Last... Tomorrow is Not Promised."

Postby salool » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:16 pm

This is a great site, try it.You can pick any reciter and you hear the Quran so clear.I always listen to this reciter, Al-Ghamdi, Allah blessed him with a great voice mashallah. :up:

http://tanzil.net/#19:35

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:50 pm

Dear diary..

I'm sorry, I've been very lazy lately, like usual...

But AlhamdulilAh I've finally found a teacher.. :up:
But she's busy for a few weeks.. Marka, my plans are the following:

29 October 2011
Starting from the date above, need to wake up 2 hours earlier than usual and get my Quran on InshaaAllah!

Watch this space.............

Walaal first of all I ask your forgiveness for whatever bad I have ever said about you. Also how is your memorizng coming along. Mine is not going to good unfortunately because stupid college studies are getting in the way.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:17 am

Walaal first of all I ask your forgiveness for whatever bad I have ever said about you. Also how is your memorizng coming along. Mine is not going to good unfortunately because stupid college studies are getting in the way.
WHAT?.. You said bad things about me? Why would you do such a thing?.. :cry:

Anyway, mine isn't going 2 great either, as I dont have the free time I once had :down: . But Im still planning to stick with it InshaaAllah.. Organisation is key!

This is a great site, try it.You can pick any reciter and you hear the Quran so clear.I always listen to this reciter, Al-Ghamdi, Allah blessed him with a great voice mashallah. :up:

http://tanzil.net/#19:35
Mahadsaniid sis.. Much appericated..
I prefer Mishari Al fasi though.. :up:

VeiledGarbasar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby VeiledGarbasar » Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:13 pm

Saad Al Ghamadi is my favourite too. :heart:

Asalaamu Alikum,

How is it going WestldnShawty?

Have you started...InshaaAllah I will join too. I've got 3 people who are hifdh in my house, so I don't know whether I should say to them listen to me or get a teacher?

I want to find a teacher over the phone too, one sister told me about a female teacher who does this, you learn 1 page everyday, you would be a hafidh by the end of the year InshaaAllah.

Anywho, my timetable is this; learn after fajr. I will start from Juz tabarak InshaaAllah. 8-)

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Alhamduiliah its going ok.. :| To be honest I've been pretty laid back about the whole thing :down: I just cant seem to motivate myself even with a teacher.. :? I guess I've been putting my Arabic/Aqeedah lessons on the front line which is a mistake.. :|
My teacher made me start from the start which I was fine with.. I'll be on Juz Tabarak soon InshaaAllah.

A mate of mine memorises 2 pages a day MashaaAllah.. I'm just too lazy uff I cant even memorise one page at the mo.. But then again my main problem is I have alot on my plate right now such as work etc :down:

Anyway, regarding debating whether to get a teacher or not.. Will your relatives who are hafidz able to listen to you when requested/needed? if so.. Then go for it :up: No need for a teacher. But on the other hand a teacher does motivate you to memorise more..

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:07 pm

Alhamduiliah its going ok.. :| To be honest I've been pretty laid back about the whole thing :down: I just cant seem to motivate myself even with a teacher.. :? I guess I've been putting my Arabic/Aqeedah lessons on the front line which is a mistake.. :|
My teacher made me start from the start which I was fine with.. I'll be on Juz Tabarak soon InshaaAllah.

A mate of mine memorises 2 pages a day MashaaAllah.. I'm just too lazy uff I cant even memorise one page at the mo.. But then again my main problem is I have alot on my plate right now such as work etc :down:

Anyway, regarding debating whether to get a teacher or not.. Will your relatives who are hafidz able to listen to you when requested/needed? if so.. Then go for it :up: No need for a teacher. But on the other hand a teacher does motivate you to memorise more..
Sister inshallah you will find motivation. I am in suratal baruuj right now. You more than likely know more quran than me but your motivation from now on should be for me not to pass you. inshallah healthy competition. I'll keep you posted with where I am from time to time. oh yeah and ready....set.......go!!!!!!

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:39 pm

InshaaAllah bro.. :up:

I'm in dire need of motivation/time management skills.. :|

VeiledGarbasar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby VeiledGarbasar » Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:53 pm

West, yeah you're right sis, InshaaAllah I will see. :)

Okay, so every WEEK, if you are ONLINE, both Mcali and West, come to this topic and report how many pages you have learned.

We could start with half a page a day or 10 verses!

What say you two?

I badly need the competition. :(

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Thu Feb 23, 2012 5:09 pm

What say you two?

I badly need the competition. :(
:lol: The more the merrier sis..

I'm on it like sonic.. :lol:
InshaaAllah every weekend we'll tune in.. Lets start next weekend though hayee since I'm going away this weekend and wont get the chance to do anything this week :up:

10 ayads or half a page which ever is best suited for every individual sounds good.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.