Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Quran Memorisation‏ diary

Su'aalo, Jawaabo, iwm

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Quran Memorisation‏ diary

Postby Alphanumeric » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:42 pm

:?:

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Nobody said it'd be easy.. they just promised it'd be worth it...

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:15 pm

Warsanaay any up dates/confessions?

VeiledGarbasar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby VeiledGarbasar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:19 am

Thanks a lot Alpha. :roll: Anywho, are you about to join us? Mise have you finished, any tips?

West, sis I confess I have not done my memorisation. I still haven't got a teacher and my sister who I wanted to help me out left. But I have been reading the Qur'an all these past few days, about 3 weeks. I started from Surah Baqarah and now I'm in An-nisaa, my mission is to finish it asap. I will also do the memorisation, the reason why I'm reading the other portion is for me to familiarise myself with the other parts, for rewards and inshaaAllah to prepare me for Ramadan.

What about you? If you have a Qur'an teacher that I can do over the phone with please let me know inshaaAllah.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:26 am

Yes?

Warsanaay I totally forgot about this thread just saw it yes2day.
I completed the first two juz as a youngester over a decade ago.. It should be easy for me but my problem is I keep mixing up ayads/surahs.. :down:

I really dont know why its difficult to find a Qu'ran teacher in a city packed full of Muslims.. :? I used to go to one in the East London Masjid a few years back but too many not serious lasses used to attend so I quit.. :|

The current teacher I have now is my neighbour she's beyond lovely MashaaAllah.. But I dont like bothering her lol.. Cos as a mother/wife she's always busy, which is totally understandable.. She adviced me a while back to put more effort into learning all the Tajweed rules and pracitising them regularly rather then just putting most of my energy into memorising the Quran..

I started from Surah Baqarah and now I'm in An-nisaa, my mission is to finish it asap. I will also do the memorisation, the reason why I'm reading the other portion is for me to familiarise myself with the other parts, for rewards and inshaaAllah to prepare me for Ramadan.
That's actually a good idea.. :up: I know I find surahs Im familiar with easier to memorise..
InshaaAllah after I finish Juz Camma I'll start doing this.. :up:
I'm currently on surah Cabasa.

I dont really know any Quran teachers who'll do it over the phone.. But I'll definitely ask around.. :up:

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:48 pm

The best online source of basic makhaarij and the application of central tajweed rules I've come across:

There's also a full video, over 7 hours long.

www.abouttajweed.com is an excellent source of the rules and knowledge of their applications, but you will need someone to vocalize them for you. You will want to focus on "Hafs 'an 'Asim", the most popular form of recitation. There's an audio option, but it hasn't always work for me. But you will need someone to hear you and provide feedback. A teacher is a must. If a tajweed teacher is unavailable, the best method to learn is by listening to a reciter as you follow along on the page, letter for letter, shaqal for shaqal. I strongly suggest Shaykh al-Husary. There's no one better, if you want to learn how to recite properly.

http://english.islamway.com/sindex.php? ... iew&id=212
Yes?

Thanks a lot Alpha. :roll: Anywho, are you about to join us? Mise have you finished, any tips?

I've been following this thread and just wanted to know what happened.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Thanks for the vid/link much appreciated.. InshaaAllah I'll check them both out when I have time.. :up:

VeiledGarbasar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby VeiledGarbasar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:42 pm

West, I found one, but I wasn't happy, it was once a week and to be honest I was NOT satisfied with the teacher. London is full of teachers but I want one that I feel happy with, that I can grow with when I'm learning or that I feel is actually teaching me. There was this one who's number I took down some time ago, inshaaAllah I'll phone her up. What I really wanted though was one I could call and she can listen to me over the phone, so inshaaAllah I'd be able to do this at least 3/4 a week.

Exactly sis, memorizing is good no doubt, but I struggle with rules and the shaqal's. I should be able to read random pages with the learning the rules and shaqal's, inshaaAllah.

That's actually a good idea.. :up: I know I find surahs Im familiar with easier to memorise..
InshaaAllah after I finish Juz Camma I'll start doing this.. :up:
I'm currently on surah Cabasa.

I reaaaally recommend you do that, it will help all around. My cousin told me, and I was about to tell my revert friend and she told me she already does, and she is like at least 5 Surah's ahead of me! Lol MaashaAllah.

Alpha,

Truly, I'm so happy I asked. That's a lot of valuable information MaashaAllah. :up:

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:54 pm

No problem. Glad I can help.

Reciting and memorizing without proper recitation will result in errors that will take months, if not a year to correct. Learn proper makhaarij and tajweed first. :up:

VeiledGarbasar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby VeiledGarbasar » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:06 pm

Do you think so Alpha, cause currently I am just reading, even the ones I have problems I force-read and move on. I have noticed that I got better as time went? Sometimes, I have fear in me that I am wrong, yet when I check with a reciter I find out I'm right.

Alphanumeric
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alphanumeric » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Like I've said, the best method to do it, if a teacher is unavailable, is to listen to a reciter and follow along letter-for-letter. I'd also include a pencil in hand to note your own errors. Don't read along, but listen. That is important to remember.

I've seen too many folks with errors that will take months to relearn, because they've chosen to memorize on their own.

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:57 pm

Having a teacher is a must IMO for many reasons, motivation being one.. I've stressed it from the beginning.

Warsan - InshaaAllah I'll definitely familiarize myself with Surahs before I attempt to memorise them.. But like my teacher suggested I'll focus more on my Tajweed rules and actuallly implementing them InshaaAllah.. :up:

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:51 pm

How you gettin' on finding a teacher @ Warsan?

VeiledGarbasar
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby VeiledGarbasar » Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:08 pm

West,

:(

Ohhh, this week has not been good, I haven't even called the teacher yet, at the moment I'm at my Aunts house, inshaaAllah I'll call the teacher Sunday or Monday. I'll be at my house then. :up:

How about you qalanjo, how are you getting on?

DisplacedDiraac
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DisplacedDiraac » Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:08 pm

I'm doing alright sis.. I'm currently puttin' memorising new surahs on hold.. I need to practice the previous surahs I've memorised in order to make it more solid in my memory. I've also decided to put more effort in my tajweed for the time being, so I haven't memorised any new Surahs as of yet..

InshaaAllah soon thou.. :D

mcali
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby mcali » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:33 pm

wcs walaalayaal

I'm coming back new and improved inshallah.
And am ready to start giving the quran the time it deserves.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.