Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Masha Allah Ethiopia - Islam documentary

Su'aalo, Jawaabo, iwm

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Masha Allah Ethiopia - Islam documentary

Postby Hawdian » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:15 pm

In Islamic history and tradition, Ethiopia (Abyssinia or Al-Habasha) is known as the "Haven of the First Migration or Hijra." For Muslims, Ethiopia is synonymous with freedom from persecution and emancipation from fear.

Part two

Ethiopia was a land where its king, Negus or Al-Najashi, was a person renowned for justice and in whose land human rights were cherished.

The meaning and the significance of "Hijra" is embodied in the Islamic calendar. Since its inception, the Islamic calendar represents a history of perpetual struggle between truth and falsehood, faith and blasphemy, freedom and oppression, light and darkness, and between peace and war.

The first migration [Hijra] of the Companions and relatives of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) to Ethiopia celebrates the birth of freedom of expression and beliefs, whereas, the Second Migration of the Prophet Muhammad to the Madinah celebrates the end of oppression.

History has shown that the first migration to Ethiopia and the second migration to Madinah have indeed laid down the foundation on which Islam, as a universal religion, was built. Ever since that experience, the Muslim community, wherever they settled, shifted from the positive of minority to majority, from weakness to permanent strength, from tribalism to universal brotherhood that knows no defined political boundaries.

The Quran says: "O mankind! We created you from a single soul, male and female, and made you into nations and tribes, so that you may come to know one another. Truly the most honored of you in God’s sight is the greatest of you in piety. God is All-Knowing, All-Aware (Quran 49:13).

With this spirit in mind, Bilal ibn Rabah, an Ethiopian slave living in Makkah, became a leading companion of the Prophet Muhammad. It was not a coincidence that his native land, Ethiopia, was the country chosen by the Prophet when his followers needed protection and freedom form oppression.

"And dispute you not with the People of the Book, except with means better, unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong; But say, we believe in the Revelation which has come down to us and in that which came down to you: Our God and your God is one; and it is to Him we bow in Islam: (Quran 29:46).

Muhammad Haykal, author of the "Life of Muhammad" said that the Prophet Muhammad trusted that his followers and relatives would be better off if they migrated to a country whose religion was Christianity-a scriptural religion whose Prophet was Jesus son of Mary. He was not afraid that his followers would convert and give up their faith in favor of any other established religion.

He was more convinced that Islam would be more protected in its infancy in a fertile and prosperous land ruled by the Scripture than among the ignominious pagans of Arabia.

The companions and relatives of the Prophet were prepared to sacrifice and suffer all sorts of hardship and alienation rather than give up their own conviction and freedom. The Prophet gave his companions the following letter to give the king when they reached Ethiopia.

"In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, Most Gracious, From Muhammad, the Messenger of Allah to the Negus Al-Asham, king of Abyssinia.

Peace, I praise Allah, who is the King, the Holy, the Peace, the Faithful, the Watcher, and I bear witness that Jesus, son of Mary, is the Spirit of Allah and His Word, Which He cast to Mary the virgin, the good, the pure, so that she conceived Jesus. Allah created him from His Spirit and His Breathing as He created Adam by His Hand and His Breathing. I call you to Allah, the Unique without partner, and to His obedience, and to follow me and believe in that which came to me, for I am the Messenger of Allah.

I have sent to you my cousin Jafar with a number of Muslims, and when they come, entertain them without haughtiness, for I invite you and your armies to Allah. I have accomplished my work and my admonition, so receive my advice. Peace upon all those that follow True Guidance."

Garuun
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Masha Allah Ethiopia - Islam documentary

Postby Garuun » Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:47 am

the good king was based in present day Eritrea territory. the prophet (pbuh) and the sahaba made hijra to the redsea country.

ethiopia is never known for justice , only oppression and evil.

they allways claim whats not theirs whether it be someones land or even history.

waa dulli.

Hawdian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Hawdian » Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:26 am

Eritreans are Habesha. They are Tigre and they were ruled from Aksum, which is in present day Tigray region, Ethiopia. The Sahaba visited Negash and Aksum which is Tigray - Ethiopia.

It is like saying they visited Marka which before colonialism also ruled Garisa...that doesn't mean you say they visited Kenya but Somalia.

Eritreans are Habesha and were very important part of Aksumite Kingdom and today there is no difference between them and their other brothers in Ethiopia. Like us they don't like each others but that doesn't mean they are different. Are Djiboutis any different from other Somalis?

Garuun
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Garuun » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:08 am

Eritreans are Habesha. They are Tigre and they were ruled from Aksum, which is in present day Tigray region, Ethiopia. The Sahaba visited Negash and Aksum which is Tigray - Ethiopia.

It is like saying they visited Marka which before colonialism also ruled Garisa...that doesn't mean you say they visited Kenya but Somalia.

Eritreans are Habesha and were very important part of Aksumite Kingdom and today there is no difference between them and their other brothers in Ethiopia. Like us they don't like each others but that doesn't mean they are different. Are Djiboutis any different from other Somalis?
ask omar geelle

those at that that gave refuge to sahaba got the rasuuls blessing indeed

present tigray-ethiopia are cursed.they are menace to the whole region.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.