Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Dua's Answered

Su'aalo, Jawaabo, iwm

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
SelfD
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Dua's Answered

Postby SelfD » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:55 pm

Salama!

A lot of times we make dua's, some are answered and some are delayed. I was looking online to read stories of duas accepted for inspiration. Can you guys share your own personal stories of Dua's answered?

SelfD
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Dua's Answered

Postby SelfD » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:27 pm

During the time of Dhuhr (Noon) prayers, in the Holy Mosque in Mecca, (On 22/4/1423 of the Hijri Calendar) I was standing close to the chamber of the Muadhin (one who calls to prayer), when a brother signalled to me to fill a gap in the row next to him after the Iqamah has been called. So I went forward.

After we completed the prayer, I went to the back a little to sit with my legs crossed and be more comfortable while I do my Tasbeeh (Glorify and Praise Allah). I looked at that man beside me, and he appeared as if his body is worn out like the poor of the Sacred Mosque. He had the appearance of stillness and humility, and had placed his hands on his thighs as he supplicated to his Lord with humbleness. I put my hand into my pocket reaching for the money which I had tied into groups of 1 Riyal, 5 Riyals, and 10 Riyals.

I took out 5 Riyals and placed it hidden in the palm of my hand and approached him, extending my arm to him to shake his hand. We shook hands and he felt the money in my palm, then pulled his hand quickly away without taking the money or even knowing how much was in my hand, telling me: May Allah reward you greatly

I said: “Won’t you accept it?”

He did not respond, so I felt that he is being modest, which is why he did not accept it. So I placed it back in my pocket. I stood back a little, and performed the Sunnah, and noticed the man turning to me again and again as if he is waiting for me to finish my prayers! When I completed my prayers, he came next to me and greeted me, and then asked: “How much was it that you were going to give me?”

I said: I offered you and you refused to take it, so why would it matter if it was one riyal or a hundred?!

So he said: “By Allah, how much was it that you were going to give me?”

I said: “Do not ask me by Allah, this matter between me and you has finished!”

He said: “I was supplicating to my Lord about my dire need for five Riyals, so how much was it you were going to give me?”

I said: “By Allah, who there is no God worthy of worship besides Him, the amount which I was offering you was 5 Riyals!”

The man started weeping.

I asked him: “Do you need more?”

He said: “no.”

Then he said:“Subhan Allah, you were placing the money in my hand as I was still asking my Lord for it!”

I said: “Why then did you pull your hand away without taking it?”

He said: “I didn’t expect the reply to come so quick.”

I said: “Subhan Allah, Indeed Allah is All-Hearing, Close to those who ask Him, answering their call; He will not come down to you Himself to give you what you asked, but truly he will facilitate for you one of his slaves to fulfill for you what you need!”

I offered him the five riyals again, and he took it, and refused to take anything extra.

Indeed, Glory to Allah, the Great, who said of Himself: {And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near. I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me …} (Al Baqarah 2:186)

May Allah reward the one who shared this heart warming story with me.

~Story narrated by Shaykh Khaled al-Wuhaybi.

SelfD
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Dua's Answered

Postby SelfD » Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:38 pm

One personal example that I can share is that when I was younger, I had wanted to win first place in a Quran competiton and so, I made Dua to Allah (swt) to help me win. Unfortunately, when the day for the competition came, there was another event that was taking place somewhere else and I had to go with my parents to that event instead of the competition. I felt sad because I had really wanted to win that competition and I wondered what happened to my Dua.

Two weeks later, my parents take me to a speech competition and there, I found out that the organizers will also be holding a Quran competition. I signed up for the competition and after participating in it, the awards ceremony started. Before starting, the organizers made a statement that made me awestruck; they said they would like to thank the organizers of a Quran competition that was held two weeks ago because the format of the whole competition was exactly the same as the one held two weeks back. I only became even more awestruck when I found out that I won first place.

Looking back, I realized that if we make a Dua, Allah (glorified and exalted be He) will answer it in the best possible way for us. Therefore, if we do not see our Dua being accepted immediately, we should not despair because either it will help us against some misfortune, or it might be accepted later…

Narrated by Arif Kabir

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.