Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Salaams Sheikh Hyperactive.

Su'aalo, Jawaabo, iwm

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators, Islam mods

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
PrinceDaadi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Salaams Sheikh Hyperactive.

Postby PrinceDaadi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:03 am

Salaams Sheikh.

At times it happens I might meet/invite one of our clients over coffee/dinner and it happens some of these clients order glass of wine or bottle of beer.

I have tried to google but most of the answers m getting is that it is not allowed to buy alcohol for someone!

So what do we under circumstances i have mentioned above? and if we r committing danbi how big it is and what its xad?

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Salaams Sheikh Hyperactive.

Postby CaliQase » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:10 am

This is addressed to Sh. Hyper but I'm interested to give my opinion if I may.

You didn't mention to whom the wine/beer is ordered for? Them (Clients) or you?

If they ordered for themselves I think there aren't any issues here but if they ordered it for you, you sure can turn it down, or did I misunderstood you?

PrinceDaadi
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby PrinceDaadi » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:56 am

They ordered for them selves but since what ever the client orders is on you ( sine you invited them and at times you r not even expecting it) you pay out of the courtesy now under Islam you r not allowed to buy alcohol for someone but in these instances where you never intended but the client has ordered what do we do?

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:02 pm

Of course it's dambi, jeebkaga aya ka bixinaysa for qof kale khamrigisa.

Hada ma ajar ba lagu qoraya? :?

Ask your client what non-alcoholic drink may I order for you Sir/Madame.

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:07 pm

CaliQase, I think What he means is that at times, he invites some clients of the company he works for and the etiquette is that you have to pick up the tap and pay for whatever beverage they might order, be it hot=coffee or tea and cold=alcohol or soft drinks.

So in this regard, is he incurring any sins by paying for say if they order wine or beer!
A bit of a sticky situation this, but what about if you use company card to pay for it and not your own money? In that sense it's the company and not you who is picking up the tap?
Last edited by AGENT447 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Do the clients wait to order for anything until you arrive misa do they just go ahead and order it anyway and you just pick up the bill? If so then that's a little tricky.

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:20 pm

CaliQase, I think What he means is that at times, he invites some clients of the company he works for and the etiquette is that you have to pick up the tap and pay for whatever beverage they might order, be it hot=coffee or tea and cold=alcohol or soft drinks.

So in this regard, is he incurring any sins by paying for say if they order wine or beer!
A bit of a sticky situation this, but what about if you use company card to pay for it and not your own money? In that sense it's the company and not you who is picking up the tap?
Tab Agent, tab.

AGENT447
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby AGENT447 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:26 pm

^ Thanks ;)

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliQase » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:08 pm

I asked a brother who knows better than I do; he says it is complicated but it is probably better if you pay from the company's pocket.

I think if you can't do any thing about it, you got nothing to worry about BUT if you can do something about it and go ahead with it, then you got a problem.

We should wait for Sh. Hyper's view.

Inaayah
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Inaayah » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:38 pm

^He can always do something about it. He can look for another job that dosen't compromise with his deen.

CaliQase
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby CaliQase » Mon Sep 21, 2015 1:47 pm

It'd be esaier if he just looked for another job that dosen't compromise with his deen.
I meant this particular event/meeting but what ever business he goes if there are meetings with clients, won't they do the same?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.