Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Why do we need sub-clans?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Somaliman%
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Why do we need sub-clans?

Postby Somaliman% » Sat May 12, 2007 6:34 pm

I think when you have a clan there should'nt be sub clans within that tribe, that would create more divisions between people who are already the same.
look at somalia for example... if haawiye didnt have sub clans or didnt separate within them selves you wouldnt have problems that are there, like abgaal vs HG. and then it goes on internal conflict between abgaal them selves or HG within. or within darood if all darood people were the same and there was no sub clans like majerten or mareexan then there would be no inter issues within that clan...i mean look at it this way why keep separating branch after branch it keeps going brothers vs brothers, it's ridiclouse.

i think somali tribes must be the only ones in africa that have sub clans that keeps going from sub-sub-sub clan onwards... in Nigeria for example they have yoruba,hiibo, awutsa and these tribes are huge each like 20-30 million they have no sub clans, they dont separate within, each yoruba is the same to the next, they dont ask each other what are you after yoruba? meaning no problems are created within the tribes only leaving them to be strong and united.

i blame the somali forefathers who have created this sub sub clan bull sh!t. i mean it helps you know where you come from an all that, but its creating more problems then benefits.
so dont you think we could do without so called sub-clans...
Last edited by Somaliman% on Sat May 12, 2007 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DawladSade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Why do we need sub-clans?

Postby DawladSade » Sat May 12, 2007 6:34 pm

thats because we are clans not tribes and in clans you know who your father is

paidmonk
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby paidmonk » Sat May 12, 2007 6:40 pm

For every generation that passses, there is greater division, because of the increase in your lineage.

For every second that passes, Somalis continue to divide.

I love facts! Laughing

Sadaam_Mariixmaan
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Sadaam_Mariixmaan » Sat May 12, 2007 6:40 pm

exactly

Spragga Benz
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Spragga Benz » Sat May 12, 2007 7:37 pm

You guys are so focking dumb, it's beyond me.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.