Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is this kat amazing or what??

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
#1baller
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Is this kat amazing or what??

Postby #1baller » Fri May 18, 2007 1:49 am

[quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="Abdination"]What originality ? impersonating Usher is not

Kanye West Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

Huh.....don't like Kanye West?? Did you forget about all tha hott beats he made b4 he became an artist? Shocked

neocon_2007
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby neocon_2007 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:55 am

Agree to disagree, artists of today have more creative control over there content then the past. Isnt he a R&B singer, so ballad, relationship songs or what you call them is what he sings about, right? No different from the manufactured pop music motown used deliever, same formula just different era. This entire mainstream popular R&B is processed and formulated. All these acts right now sound the same sing the same garbage and look the same.

neocon_2007
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby neocon_2007 » Fri May 18, 2007 1:57 am

[quote="#1baller"][quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="Abdination"]What originality ? impersonating Usher is not

Kanye West Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

Huh.....don't like Kanye West?? Did you forget about all tha hott beats he made b4 he became an artist? Shocked[/quote]

Yeah pure sped up soul samples from the 70s with drums, how creative. Laughing Laughing Laughing

#1baller
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby #1baller » Fri May 18, 2007 2:11 am

[quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="Abdination"]What originality ? impersonating Usher is not

Yeah pure sped up soul samples from the 70s with drums, how creative. Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

Haha.....i guess that's tha difference between u and Kanye. He made beats for a livin and got paid... while you still trynna hustle a dollar to make endz meet Laughing Laughing Laughing

neocon_2007
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby neocon_2007 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:16 am

[quote="#1baller"][quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="Abdination"]What originality ? impersonating Usher is not

Yeah pure sped up soul samples from the 70s with drums, how creative. Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

Haha.....i guess that's tha difference between u and Kanye. He made beats for a livin and got paid... while you still trynna hustle a dollar to make endz meet Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

Im not a beat maker, but theres a difference between talent and an opportunist, Kanye being the latter. I doubt you know my financial condition no qarxis, it aint that bleek. Laughing Laughing Laughing

#1baller
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby #1baller » Fri May 18, 2007 2:16 am

[quote="neocon_2007"]Agree to disagree, artists of today have more creative control over there content then the past. Isnt he a R&B singer, so ballad, relationship songs or what you call them is what he sings about, right? No different from the manufactured pop music motown used deliever, same formula just different era. This entire mainstream popular R&B is processed and formulated. All these acts right now sound the same sing the same garbage and look the same.[/quote]

That's not true. Artist of today don't have that creative control unless they own there own record label, and are fully responsible for marketing and distributing their product. You need to examine the entertainment industry before making such a false statement.

Exactly how many artists outside their own label have creative control over what they market outthere in the entertainment world?? Dig deep son...dig deep Laughing Laughing

neocon_2007
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby neocon_2007 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:22 am

[quote="#1baller"][quote="neocon_2007"]Agree to disagree, artists of today have more creative control over there content then the past. Isnt he a R&B singer, so ballad, relationship songs or what you call them is what he sings about, right? No different from the manufactured pop music motown used deliever, same formula just different era. This entire mainstream popular R&B is processed and formulated. All these acts right now sound the same sing the same garbage and look the same.[/quote]

That's not true. Artist of today don't have that creative control unless they own there own record label, and are fully responsible for marketing and distributing their product. You need to examine the entertainment industry before making such a false statement.

Exactly how many artists outside their own label have creative control over what they market outthere in the entertainment world?? Dig deep son...dig deep Laughing Laughing[/quote]

In comparison to the past, artists do have more creative control with there music. In Neos case he had a background, however with up and comers in the mainstream of pop music theres none. Which i do agree I didnt make it clear enough.

#1baller
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby #1baller » Fri May 18, 2007 2:27 am

[quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="Abdination"]What originality ? impersonating Usher is not

"Im not a beat maker, but theres a difference between talent and an opportunist, Kanye being the latter."

Call it whatever u want. Not anyone can produce catchy beats on a consistent level now can they? If that was tha case then everyone would be producers on top of tha game.

ima let u in on somethin'....from time to time people sample beats in the industry. It happens in all genres of music. Some are successful and some ain't. Diddy sampled alot in the 90's and made it...was he an opportunist too? Shocked Shocked Shocked

"I doubt you know my financial condition no qarxis, it aint that bleek."]

Bra,
you're a student which means that you are paying exorbitant tuition fees depending on what you're trynna major in. I'm willing to bet that u have student loans to pay back when you're finished. I majored in Business Admin and Marketing and I don't have student loans because my schooling was paid for in full by my parents.

I think its a dead give away what your current financial situation would be like in this present time being a student Laughing Laughing Laughing

neocon_2007
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby neocon_2007 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:32 am

I dont take loans, son. Shocked

No need to discuss my financial state, its all good i have enough to get by. Cool

#1baller
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby #1baller » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 am

[quote="neocon_2007"][quote="#1baller"][quote="neocon_2007

"In comparison to the past, artists do have more creative control with there music."

That is dependent on which label they sign with and who their agent/manager is. It's not that simple. If you study Entertainment law you will understand the dynamics behind what I'm saying.

No record label big or small will give you full creative rights on a project just like that. Maybe if you're already established but the odds are stacked against you if you are a new and upcoming artist. Why do you think the group B2K split up in 2004? Shocked Shocked

"In Neos case he had a background, however with up and comers in the mainstream of pop music theres none. Which i do agree I didnt make it clear enough."

That maybe the case, but neyo made his contacts in the industry from the beginning. It's a very difficult industry with young talent out there. Many artists and music producers go through alot. Its growing pains believe me. It's not as easy as you seem to think.

neocon_2007
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby neocon_2007 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 am

I didnt catch the first part Laughing Laughing Laughing

Diddys another beat jacker, except he takes an exert and loops it no skill.

Again both these individuals got more then just beat making, and thats being business minded. Cool

#1baller
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby #1baller » Fri May 18, 2007 2:41 am

[quote="neocon_2007"]

"No need to discuss my financial state, its all good i have enough to get by."

Look mayne, I understand your situation. It ain't new cuz many Americans got tha same issues. Taking out loans to further your education ain't a bad thing. Millions of Americans do it for tha betterment of their careers. For you being a somali immigrant it must feel alot more rewarding tho. Laughing Laughing Laughing

neocon_2007
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby neocon_2007 » Fri May 18, 2007 2:47 am

[quote="#1baller"][quote="neocon_2007"]

"No need to discuss my financial state, its all good i have enough to get by."

Look mayne, I understand your situation. It ain't new cuz many Americans got tha same issues. Taking out loans to further your education ain't a bad thing. Millions of Americans do it for tha betterment of their careers. For you being a somali immigrant it must feel alot more rewarding tho. Laughing Laughing Laughing[/quote]

Again this is going to far, I said it before I NEVER TOOK A LOAN OUT. Tuition in the states is far more different then here. Oh so your taking shots thinking being a immigrant taking a loan is rewarding? For the purpose of higher learning, nothing embarrassing beats section 8 and the continued cycle of poverty your ppl have faced for centuries. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

#1baller
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby #1baller » Fri May 18, 2007 2:49 am

[quote="neocon_2007"]I didnt catch the first part Laughing Laughing Laughing

"Diddys another beat jacker, except he takes an exert and loops it no skill."

That's tha beat jacker that made tha careers of Mase, Mary J Blige, 112, Faith Evans, Tha Lox, and Notorious B.I.G ( an icon).

Hmnnnn....that ain't bad is it? Cool

"Again both these individuals got more then just beat making, and thats being business minded."

Diddy is first and foremost a shrewd and got more out of the business side of it not Kanye. West had no input in the day to day running of Def Jam/Rocafella records Shocked

Garvey

Postby Garvey » Fri May 18, 2007 2:51 am

You all taking this whole music industary ish way 2 serious so why not cut it short while you're ahead, ha?

Bof of ya. Cool

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.