Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Galgadud-Uranium Deposits

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
COSTA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Galgadud-Uranium Deposits

Postby COSTA » Wed May 23, 2007 7:19 am

The largest uranium deposits in Africa is in Niger even if its in Somalia no country will take the risk to invest in Somalia

Icey
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Icey » Wed May 23, 2007 10:51 am

I can,Galgaduud is mostly Marexaan province with little Hawiye of course.

http://forums.somalinet.com/exit/?exit= ... ober/5.JPG
This is Abudwaaq City of Galgaduud.
What is with the red sand, do all somali cities have red sand?
I am going there in this summer alie Very Happy
Galgaduud Here I come. Very Happy

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:47 pm

My uncle used to be the the police chief in late 1980s and we were taken there couple of time when schools were closed. I loved Dhuusa-Mareeb and Guri-Ceel. The latter is an wondeful place with thick, red and strong sand with plenty of Caano-Geel. I know for sure that Dhuusa-Mareeb is full of uranium and all kinds of expensive and precious stones. In the middle of the day, you will see stones cracking up for no obvious reasons. I heard other stranger stories about the Dhuusa-Mareeb stones where some of them shine at night or something like that.

Even though I was a kid, but I rememer it as though it was yesterday. I remember one night where the Heegan Band performed and our uncle took us to the concert and even today I remember one of the songs Ibraahim Baadil sang that night. If you know me in person you would know I love this song cuz I sing it all the time. The only problem though; I never fall love with a girl by the name of Maryan. There are too many songs with Maryan and I can't find me a Maryan that I like. I can find plenty others but not Maryan.
Here is Ibraahim Baadil's Maryan Song:
http://www.geocities.com/heesso5/waxaan.ram

Here is Maryan by Bashiir Cali Xuseen's Maryan
http://www.sclub19.com/music/song.php?id=1049#

zackabdul
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zackabdul » Wed May 23, 2007 1:50 pm

[quote="Icey"]I can,Galgaduud is mostly Marexaan province with little Hawiye of course.

http://forums.somalinet.com/exit/?exit= ... ober/5.JPG
This is Abudwaaq City of Galgaduud.
What is with the red sand, do all somali cities have red sand?
I am going there in this summer alie Very Happy
Galgaduud Here I come. Very Happy[/quote]

Galgadud is not mainly Mareexan but Habar Gidir.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:52 pm

Galgaduud is a Cayr Land! Other minority clans there include Mareexaan and Murursada but the bulk of the natives of the region is Cayr.

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Wed May 23, 2007 1:53 pm

Northern Galagdud is 100% sacad land.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Wed May 23, 2007 1:57 pm

Northern Galgaduud? Like what cities?

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Wed May 23, 2007 2:02 pm

I don't know like some cities, everyone knows the sacad are the Majority in Northen Galadud villages

Alta Vista [Bot2]
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Alta Vista [Bot2] » Wed May 23, 2007 2:24 pm

Look at these cagdheers and dacas talking about galgaduud as if they live there

galgaduud is sade land. The governer is sade so shut the fock up.

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Wed May 23, 2007 2:26 pm

Come on people it don't matter what clan ur from all somalis and musilms have the right to live where in they choose in somalia.

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Wed May 23, 2007 3:37 pm

I was surprised to hear at a birthday party last weekend that the price of Uranium oxide (yellow cake) is only $120/POUND. ( Compare gold at over $650/OUNCE)

I also heard the price may go as high as $200/lb in the short term as there are only two mines supplying western users and both are flooded. If I remember right, one was in Niger and the other is in Australia.

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Wed May 23, 2007 3:53 pm

Guhad,

Was your uncle ina Hersi? I don't want to mention the first name Confused

Ican
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Ican » Wed May 23, 2007 9:29 pm

Australia and Russia have the most uranium deposits, with Russia controlling 40% of the world market according to an article I was reading.

It looks the right market conditions exist for Uranium mining, and us Somalis can benefit assuming the uranium deposits are actually there because I haven't been able to find any other scholarly article/journals to confirm it. With recent increase in gas, nuclear generated electricity is an alternative a lot of countries are pursuing especially china. The only problem is the actual mining is very expensive and the price will probably need to continue to increase for companies to start exploring in this region.

I'm hoping to go in two years or so when I'm done school to check things out.

@Grant, The article I was reading had uranium(yellowcake) at just $9/lb in 2001, so that is pretty significant increase.

@Guhad, Sounds like a nice place bro.

@Icey, If you're going in the summer, take some pictures sxb. But, I doubt it's marexan region.

guhad122
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby guhad122 » Wed May 23, 2007 10:36 pm

Kambuli;
No, that might have been the one before my uncle. My uncle was the police chief of the Galgaduud Province, there was the Dhuusa-Mareeb city police chief. I think at that time, the governor was also Ogaadeen by the name of something Mahdi. No sure though...Shit the Somali national army there were very strong. There was couple of times when we were there that focking Ethiopian warplanes attacked the city but damn, our national airforce unleashed some astounding anti-aircraft missiles on them.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.