Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SOMALI HOTELS IN DUBAI

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Starscream
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

SOMALI HOTELS IN DUBAI

Postby Starscream » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:51 am

http://jubahoteldubai.com/facilities.htm

Looks like there is some stiff competition going on between Juba Hotel and Golden Star Hotel in Somalis' business district in Deira, Dubai. The two most popular Somali hotels for Somalis in Dubai.

There is a bit of a qabiil rivalry going on between the two. Juba is Majeerteen owned and Golden Star is Murusade owned. I have been to both and GS is better than Juba, because the staff is more friendly, whilst the MJs in Juba are rude and arrogant. I asked once for a Mirinda soda, the farax nicca told me to get a Shani soda instead, because he couldn't be bothered going all the way to the back for me. They let their Indian workers do the dirty jobs for them, even though the Indians are more friendly. GS staff is all Somali, so you feel more at home.

In GS, some of the staff come up to your room to see how you're doing and if you need anything. We got a complaint for being too loud from other guests one day, the staff came to our room and had a nice chat with us and that was it. They could have kicked us out like Juba Hotel did when some hooyooyin were complaining about us hitting on their daughters in the lounge area of Juba, but they treated us like kings.

Granted, Juba Hotel has a better restaurant, they have an internetcafe (full with local Indians tfu) which GS doesn't have, but it's all about customer service. Some Somalis don't understand the importance of the adage: customer is king.

Next time I'm in Dubai, my money is going to Golden Star Hotel, but we already have a condo there, so it won't be necessary.

Who else has been to Dubai and stayed at the better Somali hotels and has his own personal review on it.

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Re: SOMALI HOTELS IN DUBAI

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:26 am

The Famous City Gold Hotel was owned by a Aadan Madoobe Guy, but he now sold it to this other HJ Guy.... Jubba Hotel must be owned by Hawiye

Starscream
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Starscream » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:56 am

what are you talking about dude? did you read the topic bro. Laughing

anyway Liqaaye, which reer dominates in Fulham and Hammersmith. Or is mixed or something. I know it's close to Camden, which is MJ area.

Midhisho
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: Republic of Somaliland and bounty states of former buntland

Postby Midhisho » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:59 am

Guys

If i want to buy a house or apartment in dubai
how can i get in connection with some serious real estate developers ?

The place is booming man.

perhaps Cabdallah knows.. ?

King-of-Awdal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby King-of-Awdal » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:01 pm

Dont know how true is this but i think i read some where that a foeigner can not legally own a land in Dubai and in theory u may buy a house or what not but the land will always be goverment owned. Confused

TheBigBosS
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TheBigBosS » Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:02 pm

sinds when is camden MJ area? Laughing

LiQaaye_TDH
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Afhayeenka Madaxweynaha Jamhuuriyada Somaliland Mudane Axmed (Silaanyo) ee Somalinet...

Postby LiQaaye_TDH » Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:11 pm

Starscream; I actually checked link and did a quik reply Laughing

Laakin what Golden Star hotel are you talking about? where is that one located?

I think ive been to this Jubba hotel, and its located just behind The City Gold Hotel i was talking about, and there is also this Hawiye Hotel called Jazeera Hotel somthing near there as well.....this hotels are located in the Suuq Dahab Area...

Starscream: Fulham and Hammersmith are mixed with all sorts of Somali clans really, and its not close to Camden...

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:44 pm

[quote="King-of-Awdal"]Dont know how true is this but i think i read some where that a foeigner can not legally own a land in Dubai and in theory u may buy a house or what not but the land will always be goverment owned. Confused[/quote]
Shocked

well you can buy a condo

no interest!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.