Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Possible explanation of clan confusion

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Chilling In SANAAG, Makhiir State Of SOMALI, enjoying TUNA fish

Re: Possible explanation of clan confusion

Postby Advocatar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:36 pm

I heard every somali is either dir or darood and I heard it from non-daroods. Confused

Isaias Afwerki

Postby Isaias Afwerki » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:38 pm

They were Dir.

King-of-Awdal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby King-of-Awdal » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:41 pm

[quote="Advocatar"]I heard every somali is either dir or darood and I heard it from non-daroods. Confused[/quote]

As expected from the Kinsmen of Siad Barre. Cool that whole notion is a myth. Isaaq isnt Dir and Dir didnt give birth to Darood's son's.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:44 pm

[quote="Warsame101"]All those non-Somalis (e.g James Dahl, Grant) are all Somalis in disguise.[/quote]
Rolling Eyes

Somali2003
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somali2003 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:48 pm

James, you have the characteristics of being a Somali. Many whites have like Micheal Italia.

DawladSade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DawladSade » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:51 pm

[quote]http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u195/Riighaye/diagram.jpg[/quote]

Lol @ Wagardhac is Dhulbahante or that Habar Gidir has a Cumar Dheer (they don't, its a Marehan sub-clan). Laughing

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advocatar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:54 pm

[quote="King-of-Awdal"][quote="Advocatar"]I heard every somali is either dir or darood and I heard it from non-daroods. Confused[/quote]

As expected from the Kinsmen of Siad Barre. Cool that whole notion is a myth. Isaaq isnt Dir and Dir didnt give birth to Darood's son's.[/quote]

re-read what I said.

Warsame101
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Warsame101 » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:10 pm

Advo, it's true, many of them consider themselves Irir.

King-of-Awdal, why are you denying Dirnimo for your cousins.

James Dahl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby James Dahl » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:13 pm

A year ago, I knew almost nothing about Somalia. I decided I wanted to know more about it.
Now you guys are accusing me of being Somali.
On the one hand I'm flattered, on the other hand, confused.

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advocatar » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:16 pm

Warsame, that's what I heard.......irir this and irir that (wadiniweyn+phd to name a few), alot of people believe in this, so I thought it was realistic, why are some denying it?

awdal, what do you mean donbiro wasnt dir?....bal explain?

sadeboi
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby sadeboi » Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:30 pm

Warsame and DS I will explain the cumer-dheer thing.

Cumer-dheer used to live on there own for a long time with salebaan, they always knew they were wagerdhac and Marexaan, lakiin they never really seen them so they just interacted with salebaan and paid mag with them and what not. For a long time laf salebaan camal bey ahayeen, until they finally heard about Marexaans and wagerdhac for that matter living near by. They did not leave until one night while they had a walasaqo dance two cumerdheers were stabbed by salebaans just for doing it better, then after that night they packed their belongings and left, they came upon Marexaans (mostly reer-farax ugaas) and told them who they were. The cumer-dheer along with the other Marexaans went back and killed many salebaans and that hows the wagerdhac-salebaan feud started too.

Cumer-dheer is one of the 6 sons of Higlu, and can no one say anything else. Cool

As for wagerdhac being dhulos, well thats just illogical because reer-yusef of reer-xassan (sadaams sub-clan) and talxe both have the same dhulbahante mom as wagerdhac. And the dhulbahante lady first married Xassan galshiredle before she married Isxaaq galshiredle (the father of wagerdhac and talxe).

Advo you are right. Somali waa dir iyo darood.

Dir waqooyo= isaq, samaroon, gedabursi iyo waxaas and you already know dir konfureed.

And advo if isaq is not dir asked them what they are? They calim to be from an arab man and we know their moms were a habashi slave and oromo lady; bah-xabuush and bah-magado. Ask how are they somali then? Atleast we have a dir mom. Laughing

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.