Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

VALUE AS DETERMINED BY ABILITY....

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
jamalllll

VALUE AS DETERMINED BY ABILITY....

Postby jamalllll » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:17 am

I used to wonder as to why gold or diamond were so valuable while in reality as determined by utility they may or are of least value.

Money if consdered along the same lines has also no value at all other than what we infact decide to value it. In an economy driven by demand and supply ,we all see the need for a medium of exchange since bartering goods needed for goods not needed can only be made handy and smooth by the creation of a medium that can store value-money.

So then money ,in itself ,has no value --it just represents value of goods and services.

So then to seek money as an end must then be a misconception and can even be a sourse of evil. This is because the true sourse of value ,which is the ability of man to fullfill his needs is not appreciated and promoted .This leads people to down the wrong path leaving them open to weaknesses of all kinds which in turn makes them slaves to those that have achieved self sufficiency.

Both demand and supply faver the able and not the weak.

My bank offers me through the post a very attractive interest rate in trying to lure me to take a loan. But this maybe because i have the ability to control my expenses thereby saving some money.

At a different time when i was weak and spent more than i earned they would offer me, if at all , a loan many times more expensive.

Insuarance companies offer attractive rates to those that eg live in safer post codes(strenght from success) or are better drivers(strenght from skill or knowledge) or are carefull (strenght from discipline) etc

Everywhere you look you see the same results -weakness is a major disadvantage and a sourse of evil.

This is infact the state of the world today. Most of the world have been left as mere servants to the west only because they are chasing a mirage.

We are at the very bottom of the weak and we are getting used to the feel of it ......very sad !!!!!

Many of us don't spend our time justly or wisely. Many more dont have the clarity of vission to steer away from the traps and the potholes that are everywhere along our paths. We need to go back and embrace islam and be righteous and work toward a better life here and a janah in the hereafter. INSHA ALLAH.

PS I am confussed as to why some of us here see the need to have several nicknames. Anonimity as provided by one nickname is surely enough as demanded by security. What must force us then ,not to be able to express ourselves anonimously through one nickname. This practice in my oppinion hampers progress and decieves and is thus not right.

Somalidu waxay ku maah maahdaa wixii laqarshaa qurun baa kujira.

Toretto

Re: VALUE AS DETERMINED BY ABILITY....

Postby Toretto » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:21 am

i thought i was listening to Ahmadinejad for a second.

jamalllll

Postby jamalllll » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:26 am

Are you sure you understood what was said???????

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:30 am

' I am confussed as to why some of us here see the need to have several nicknames. Anonimity as provided by one nickname is surely enough as demanded by security. What must force us then ,not to be able to express ourselves anonimously through one nickname"

I concur. I for one, can proudly declare i only have one nick! It has been my arguements through out time to say that-- the name-- Basra itself is an enormous anonymous entity,(not to be confused with 'enormous fattiness as it is normally prescribed to me lol), creating another name to expose our cowardice thoughts are nothing short of brain malady and of course inherent weakness.Besides--The name Basra-in itself is a household name , an icon,--using another name totally defeats the purpose not to mention infringes upon the trademark of the said commercial name.

To the topic: I think in general, Humanity = Weakness. We all have our own unique issues that prevails us in the end-but what we have in common is weakness as the race of humanity.Therefore, i concur also that Islam is the best combater of this cancerous disease called Weakness.Taqbiir Allahhu akbaar! up Laughing Laughing

jamalllll

Postby jamalllll » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:38 am

Basra

I hope we can all grow strong and able and be self sufficient individuals and as a nation. I think the weak always pay more and the strong get things almost for nothing.

Basra-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Basra- » Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:40 am

jamaal

that is a Utopian dream that can never be achieved.Somalis have grown comfortable in weakeness and sufferings.They expect nothing more.Maybe in a century or so, we would see improvements. Laughing Laughing

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.