Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interesting stuff about somalis

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
snozzberry

Interesting stuff about somalis

Postby snozzberry » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:30 pm

http://www.qarxis.com/node/1545

Let me know if the link doesn't work. I was having some trouble with it earlier.

kalia
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: Interesting stuff about somalis

Postby kalia » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:34 pm

N.O.T

I.N.T.E.R.E.S.T.I.N.G

snozzberry

Postby snozzberry » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:39 pm

Grow up.

kalia
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby kalia » Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:50 pm

Old Enough Cool

Grant
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Grant » Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:43 pm

Did I read this right?

"......these observations support the hypothesis proposed by other nuclear-genetic studies (Tishkoff et al. 1996a, 1998a, 1998b; Kidd et al. 1998) -- that populations in northeastern Africa may have diverged from those in the rest of sub-Saharan Africa early in the history of modern African populations and that a subset of this northeastern-African population migrated out of Africa and populated the rest of the globe."

Shocked Cool Asians and Causasians are Cushites who traveled out of Africa and evolved under different climatic conditions......!!!!!!

Kswiss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Kswiss » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:38 pm

Yes, its true grant Laughing

Welcome to the family Laughing Cool

gurey25
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby gurey25 » Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:43 pm

[quote="Grant"]Did I read this right?

"......these observations support the hypothesis proposed by other nuclear-genetic studies (Tishkoff et al. 1996a, 1998a, 1998b; Kidd et al. 1998) -- that populations in northeastern Africa may have diverged from those in the rest of sub-Saharan Africa early in the history of modern African populations and that a subset of this northeastern-African population migrated out of Africa and populated the rest of the globe."

Shocked Cool Asians and Causasians are Cushites who traveled out of Africa and evolved under different climatic conditions......!!!!!![/quote]

yes Grant , you see its the other way around.
some used to say and still do that somalis look more caucasian than other africans, and that we maybe a hybrid race.

whent he truth is that those physical features are originaly cushite and probably made there way to other races, through diffusion.

i.e we dont look caucasian or white,

its you who look like us.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Fale
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Fale » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:03 am

Very interesting indeed !

I always consider myself as Cushite-dude.

BABYGIRL123
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BABYGIRL123 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:37 am

[quote="Grant"]Did I read this right?

Shocked Cool Asians and Causasians are Cushites who traveled out of Africa and evolved under different climatic conditions......!!!!!![/quote]

no people if your muslim you cant believe this acuudu bilaah.
i will find what islam says on this inshalaah.

Megatron
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Megatron » Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:56 pm

snozz

Old news, my dear. But now you see why there was such vehement opposition to you, reena and #1bonehead's proposition that Somali's are "black", (racially speaking, not colour) and therefore had no place being prejudiced. But now you see where the claim that they are a seperate distinct, race came from.

LooooooooooooooooooooooooooL@ gurey up Laughing

snozzberry

Postby snozzberry » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:03 pm

[quote="Megatron"]snozz

Old news, my dear. But now you see why there was such vehement opposition to you, reena and #1bonehead's proposition that Somali's are "black", (racially speaking, not colour) and therefore had no place being prejudiced. But now you see where the claim that they are a seperate distinct, race came from.

LooooooooooooooooooooooooooL@ gurey up Laughing[/quote]

Hello Mega.

I don't know about the others but I never thought Somalis were black as in from the same ethnic group as other blacks. I guess I should clear things up a bit when I use the word black. I’m referring to skin color because well.... That’s how many people distinguish race. Even people in India were and are still referred to as black and the n word. I know for a fact that Africa as well as Europe and Asia have plenty of groups other than the ones we usually hear about.

Megatron
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Megatron » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:09 pm

Hey snozz

I agree, which is why there's so much confusion when members use the term "black", and which is why I myself use the term "Negro" in such discussions, so as to offer distinction. Clearly you can see the potential for confusion. Laughing

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Chilling In SANAAG, Makhiir State Of SOMALI, enjoying TUNA fish

Postby Advocatar » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:11 pm

snozzbery what's your ethnicity? Confused

snozzberry

Postby snozzberry » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:16 pm

[quote="Megatron"]Hey snozz

I agree, which is why there's so much confusion when members use the term "black", and which is why I myself use the term "Negro" in such discussions, so as to offer distinction. Clearly you can see the potential for confusion. Laughing[/quote]

Well from now on I'll be clear when using the word black.

Whats ironic is that If many Black Americans were to travel to African most of them wouldn't be considered black either.

kadafi007
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby kadafi007 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:20 pm

[quote="snozzberry"][.

Whats ironic is that If many Black Americans were to travel to African most of them wouldn't be considered black either.[/quote]

Are you sure people like Wesley snipes Will smith Oprah winfrey just to name a few look none other then Black.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.