Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Interesting stuff about somalis

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
FAH1223
webmaster

Re: Interesting stuff about somalis

Postby FAH1223 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:39 pm

[quote="snozzberry"][quote="Aliyah99"]Chilli is beautiful, Indian/Black mix usually looks good. I get mistaken for that all the time people think I'm jamaican/indian all the time. Like sean paul the best looking jamaican ever Razz[/quote]

Aliyah

Chili is half African American and half Arab. Her father is Arab.

You also bring up a very good point. Chili is a first generation mix and she looks that way with even sleeker hair than some pure Somalis so imagine what her descendents would look like 500 years from now if they keep up the Arab black mix and throw in some Italian every now and then.[/quote]
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i need to grow out my hair and organize an afro-curl

Alluring
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alluring » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:41 pm

Snoozberry are you IMPLYING that Somalis are intermixed with Italians and Arabs, if so you are SADLY mistaken.

Fah, are you on crack? What is wrong with you?

kadafi007
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby kadafi007 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:47 pm

[quote="snozzberry"][quote="kadafi007"]

Snozz berry I beg to differ Lightskin brownskin darkskin is under the category BLACK and Africa is very Diverse people come in all skin complexions perphas the people of your old church encountered darkskin Africans who where a bit jealous and ignorant I suppose.

Very Happy[/quote]

I’m inclined to agree with you there however I just did a little bit of browsing on Google and found out that Colored is considered a separate race category in some parts of Africa. It means people who are more than just black. I guess many African Americans would fall into that slot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Cape ... ildren.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coloured

/quote]

Interesting I understand where your coming from , some blacks and Africans confuse me for a mixed raced they don't consider me a African at all but those are mostly the ignorant ugly fools with a inferior complex.

snozzberry

Postby snozzberry » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:51 pm

[quote="Alluring"]Snoozberry are you IMPLYING that Somalis are intermixed with Italians and Arabs, if so you are SADLY mistaken.

Fah, are you on crack? What is wrong with you?[/quote]

Laughing FAH Laughing

Alluring. No. I know Somalis are not mixed with Italians but given the history Im sure a bit Italian blood got thrown in there every once in a while.

Aliyah. You are right though. I think Indian meaning native american and black mixutures make good looking people. ( I'll admit it. Im being biased)

Her grand mother was a native american woman:

http://www.rnb.cz/storage/200703040237_ ... -saver.jpg

http://www.aaliyah.eu/images/aaliyah-picture-05.jpg

http://photo.sing365.com/music/Image.ns ... 65_102.jpg

snozzberry

Postby snozzberry » Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:58 pm

[quote="kadafi007"]

Interesting I understand where your coming from , some blacks and Africans confuse me for a mixed raced they don't consider me a African at all but those are mostly the ignorant ugly fools with a inferior complex.[/quote]

Laughing A lot of blacks and Africans do have complexes but can you blame them?
Most of them have been told all of their lives that if they didn't have certain standard features they were ugly. What’s sad is that those negative reinforcements often come from other people of color.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:47 pm

[quote="Alluring"]
Fah, are you on crack? What is wrong with you?[/quote]

crack? what are you implying?

i have old pictures when i was younger with long hair

hooyo got traumatized because people thought I was a little girl walahi Shocked

so ever since then, as long as I am under her roof, she will not allow me to grow my hair

she will give me money to go to the barber, straight up Laughing

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.