Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Any multi-clan city in Somalia?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Somali2003
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Any multi-clan city in Somalia?

Postby Somali2003 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:35 pm

I will agree with Somaliwayn Commando, Bosaso and Hargeisa are both major cities shared by several clans. Bosaso is for the Harti and Hargeisa is for the Isaaq.

Xoogsade, Ceerigabo is a city not town and it is sure worthy the title of a Shared City.

Ican
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Ican » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:39 pm

Luq

Good luck to all your endeavors.

Wasn't the idea of jubbaland state started by Morgan? He declared jubbaland independent before the JVA. Jubbaland is a 'harti' idea. Laughing

Luq_Ganane
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Luq_Ganane » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:44 pm

^^

Ican yes it was. Infact I'll admit Marehan were the last ones to get into the 'Gobol Mamuleed' game, and also yes Morgan was the first to bring up Jubbaland. However two thing: First the backbone of Morgan was the Marehan militias he was commanding so Marehan were going to be a part of iany Jubbaland regardless. Remember Morgan came to Kismayo as SNF. Also with our version of Jubbaland its way more realistic and prudent because we can include Somalia's second largest gobol, Gedo, making Jubbaland way more legitimate and also joining all Jubba regions into one authority and State.

Alta Vista [Bot2]
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Alta Vista [Bot2] » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:48 pm

^^ Ali Husein doqon, Jubaland existed since 1900. Kismayo's not a multi-clan city. It's 85% Marehan. Mayor's Marehan, Portman's Marehan, Airportman's Marehan, Police's Marehan.

XidigtaJSL
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby XidigtaJSL » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Ceeigaabo is not a shared city anymore, it is a Gadhweyntown HY Isaaq dominated city Cool

That is reality in my hometown

Somali2003
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somali2003 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:58 pm

Xidigta, Dhareer baa ka daadanaya.

XidigtaJSL
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby XidigtaJSL » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:01 pm

[quote="Somali2003"]Xidigta, Dhareer baa ka daadanaya.[/quote]

Waad kibirteen ee cagaha aad yar dhulka u dhiga weynu isnaqaanaa'e Makhir land iyo nacnacdani socon mayso marka Xaamudyadu fardaha fuulaane Cool

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:11 pm

Luq

When I said Gedo i didn't mean the whole place. I meant primarily Bardhere and El Wak and little tulos here and thereI'm not really getting greedy because I am from the Lower Shabelle, Afgooye (tribally) I was born in Xamar but my family did live in Gedo for a long time.

I believe I said that Aideed did the same thing too.Now while Aideed's main thing was not letting humanitarian aid get to the people you have to see what really caused the famine cause it wasn't all man made. A lot of Mareehaan destroyed farm land for what ever reason that caused starvation.

Xoogsade

Sxb when USC was dispelling people from Xamar the Mareehaan mostly went to Gedo while other Darood went south to Kismayo. As the Mareehaan managed to get out of Afgooye Xawadle attacked them from the west while Habar Gidir, Abgaal, Murunsade etc. were pushing them from Xamar. Now being attacked from both sides they had to get to Gedo by fire and unfortunatley for the Digil y Mirifle their land is what seperates Hawiye Xamar and Mareehaan Gedo. Now it wasn't all Mareehaan who killed the Rahanweyn because Aideed did things just as bad it just happens that the Mareehaan were the first to come around.

Alot of Rahanweyn innocent civillians were killed and yea its war and innocents die but its easy to say that when we're behind a computer. Try telling that to the Rahanweyn who were being killed by Mareehaan militias fleeing Xamar.

Luq_Ganane
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Luq_Ganane » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:26 pm

Shirib I wasn't talking about your greed I was referring to Raxanwein not you particularly I actually don't know your clan. Laughing

As for El Wak that city is shared with Garre and Marehan subclans to this day. Garre stated neutral in the conflict, therefore there was never any serious wars except for a few squabbles here and there.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:41 pm

All Digil clans stayed out of the civil war to this day except for a little here a little their never anything big.

Theirs a saying that goes

Wa hii Digil aheyn waa dambiile.

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:45 pm

There isn't any truly multi-clan city in Somalia because there is no significant Isaaq, Gudabirse, and Ciise population anywhere south of Togdheer.

DawladSade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DawladSade » Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:59 pm

[quote="Luq_Ganane"]Ican the only Cayr in Kismayo during the JVA days were Goobale, Serar and their families. In addition, the purpose of the JVA was to provide the logistics for Marehan armies to cross from Galgudud and hostile Hawiye territories at the height of Darood-Hawiye beef. The ruling administration of the JVA was posted here many times. The JVA was fantastic. Marehan businessmen were in Suuqa Bakraha, and we had a stronghold in Kismayo and a hand in Xamar and business between the two was booming. I'm sorry to break it but Kismayo today is just a Marehan city as Bardhere or Beled Hawa if you want the truth. Laughing

Also I find it funny with how you guys keep mentioning Cayr. Its actually you guys who have the Cayr boogeyman mentality and would rather admit losing to Cayr than losing to Marehan out of your cuqdad. So the big bad Cayr pushed Marehan over the top, but if they wern't involoved you would have kicked our azzes right? So where were Cayr in the last two battles (If you actually call it a battle)? Admit it: Cuqdad and bitterness at Marehan defeats is what makes you guys keep mentioning Cayr because at the end of the day you would much rather say we were defeated by Cayr then to say Marehan defeated us, even though everything was made clear in June. Laughing[/quote]

Rageedi. Laughing

DawladSade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DawladSade » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:05 pm

[quote="Shirib"]Try telling that to the Rahanweyn who were being killed by Mareehaan militias fleeing Xamar.[/quote]

Get your facts straight sxb. Before 1991, Raxanweyn did live in baardheere and some parts of Gedo but they do not now and they will never do so in the future.

Why would Marehans have taught Raxanweyn an international lesson if these b.astards were not the ones who were stopping Mareexaan fleeing and used to kill and/or torture them. If USC caught a Mareexaan, the worst they would have done is shoot them but Raxanweyn were some s.ick b.astards who got taught a lesson on humanity.

They were so retarded they would stop innocent people and ask them "are you mareexaan" but the Mareexaans would also say their sub-clan names like "maya, reer diini baan ahay or talxe baan ahay or cali xussein baan ahay" and they would let them go.

That is why Mareexaan went after them after the USC was defeated and burned their crops too. I have never seen a Mareexaan that regretted that act and never will I see one.
Last edited by DawladSade on Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shidow1
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby shidow1 » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:13 pm

up Dagodia in Gedo region.... Laughing Laughing

DawladSade
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DawladSade » Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:21 pm

Degoodiye halkee Gedo ka degaa. Laughing

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.