Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

British ethnic categorization - Somalis aren't African...

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

British ethnic categorization - Somalis aren't African...

Postby galia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:05 pm

I got this from another source

Categorising and coding ethnicity of patients

Shown by category

Answer Category Code
Bangladeshi Bangladeshi K
British Bangladeshi Bangladeshi K
Black African Black African N
Eritrean Black African N
Ethiopian Black African N
Mauritian Black African N
Sudanese Black African N
Black Caribbean Black Caribbean M
Guyana Black Caribbean M
West Indian Black Caribbean M
West Indies islands Black Caribbean M
Aborigine Black other P
Black (unspecified) Black other P
Mixed black background Black other P
Somali Black other P
British British A
Chinese Chinese R
Hong Kong Chinese Chinese R
Bengali Indian H
British Indian Indian H
Goan Indian H
Indian Indian H
Kashmiri Indian Indian H
Punjabi (Indian) Indian H
Irish Irish B
Anglo-Caribbean Mixed White & Black Caribbean D
Caribbean-English Mixed White & Black Caribbean D
West Indian Black & Portuguese mixed background Mixed White & Black Caribbean D
Anglo-Indian mixed race Mixed White and Asian F
White and Nigerian Mixed White and Black African E
White and West African Mixed White and Black African E
African countries (colour not defined) Other S
Arab Other S
Middle Eastern Other S
Vietnamese Other S
Asian (unspecified) Other Asian L
East African Asian (not mixed background) Other Asian L
Caribbean Asian (not mixed background) Other Asian L
Mauritian Asian Other Asian L
Punjabi (unspecified) Other Asian L
Singhalese Other Asian L
Sri Lankan Other Asian L
Sri Lankan Tamil Other Asian L
Anglo Indo-Chinese Other mixed background G
Arab with other category mixed background Other mixed background G
Black and Asian mixed background Other mixed background G
Black and Chinese mixed background Other mixed background G
Chinese and white mixed background Other mixed background G
Indo-Chinese Other mixed background G
Thai and Chinese mixed background Other mixed background G
White and Chinese mixed background Other mixed background G
American Other white background C
Anglo American Other white background C
Anglo Greek Other white background C
Anglo Polish Other white background C
Australian Other white background C
Canadian Other white background C
Cornish Other white background C
Cypriot Other white background C
English Other white background C
European countries Other white background C
Greek Other white background C
Greek Cypriot Other white background C
Jewish Other white background C
Mixed White background Other white background C
New Zealander Other white background C
Scottish Other white background C
South American Other white background C
Turkish Other white background C
Turkish Cypriot Other white background C
Turkistan Other white background C
USSR (republics from the former) Other white background C
Welsh Other white background C
White Other white background C
White South African Other white background C
White Zimbabwean/ Rhodesian Other white background C
Yugoslavian (all former states) Other white background C
British Pakistani Pakistani J
Kashmiri Pakistani Pakistani J
Pakistani Pakistani J
Punjabi (Pakistani) Pakistani J

We somalis are classed as OTHER, while eritrans and ethiopians and sudanese are classed all as blacks.

cabdallah252
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: British ethnic categorization - Somalis aren't African...

Postby cabdallah252 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:08 pm

somalis are madoow deal with it

jareer looking sacad

BABYGIRL123
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BABYGIRL123 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:08 pm

"Somali Black other P"

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:16 pm

[quote="cabdallah252"]somalis are madoow deal with it

jareer looking sacad[/quote]

Bruv i don't look like a jeer, everyone that works with me first thought that i came from Morroco, egypt and one of dem even thought that i was hindi at one point of time.

U see i don't wear hijab Sad , its i know i should but anyhow people get to see my extremly super silky soft hair Very Happy

Am proud of the way that Allah has created me, am simply best with looks.

I love my nose the best, its sharp and straight, trust me i don't look adoon Cool

Am dark brown, but if my skin was lighter i would hve looked like i was definetly from the middle east.

cabdallah252
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby cabdallah252 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:20 pm

you sacad fag

first of all you are not a woman and second of all you are not arab looking.

snap to reality Very Happy

KUN-DILE
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby KUN-DILE » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:21 pm

This categorisation from during the colonial times. The Dooros and others in British Somaliland agreed with the british to be categorised with the Bantu, the Isaaqs refused this and fought in court battle in London and won the right to be categorised with the higher class ethnic groups who were able to own land in both UK and UK empire states. Isaaq subsequently became the largest land owners in both Kenya and Tanzania.

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Chilling In SANAAG, Makhiir State Of SOMALI, enjoying TUNA fish

Postby Advocatar » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:27 pm

Laughing Laughing Laughing ........I thought xplaya exceled in the fantasy department, kanaa ka sii daran.

Somalis are black-african-jareer.

we are the samething as bantus

sure we might look different, but who cares?

Cool

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:29 pm

[quote="cabdallah252"]you sacad fag

first of all you are not a woman and second of all you are not arab looking.

snap to reality Very Happy[/quote]

Basically people do not consider me an "adoon", i look far from being an adoon, my looks can kill, simple as DAT.

cabdallah252 allow the hating maybe if u knew how i looked u would not hate me that much.

Advocatar (Merexaans heavily mix with bantus in the south and especially in Gedo) u may look like an adoon fo whatever reason but please don't try and put me within ur adoon group

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advocatar » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:36 pm

Galia, Yes I look like an adoon so do like 99% of somalis just like your ass ee stop pretending. and please quit acting like your a girl fuking fag. Eeverybody knows your abdul from south london. Laughing

cabdallah252
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby cabdallah252 » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:37 pm

[quote="Advocatar"]Galia, Yes I look like an adoon so do like 99% of somalis just like your ass ee stop pretending. and please quit acting like your a girl fuking fag. Eeverybody knows your abdul from south london. Laughing[/quote]

abdul from south london LMAO Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sanaagian
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Sanaagian » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:38 pm

Laughing Laughing

guys guys how many times we somalis have to drag out that fairy tale arab story that we descent from the sahaaba ??

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advocatar » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:41 pm

loool, his always obsessed with looks and dresses like a fag, complimenting complete strangers physical features on the london transit and ch!t. caadi ma'ahan. Laughing

KeligiiJabhad
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby KeligiiJabhad » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:46 pm

Anigu abidkeeyba maan aaminsaneyn in Somalidu ay yihiin Africans. Qaaradda Afrika ayuun buu dalkeenu isaga yaalaa macneheedu maaha in dadku ay ahaan karaa ama lagu xisaabin karo in ay Isir ahaan wax la wadaagaan dadyawga ku dhaqan isla Qaaraddaas iyada ah. Xilliyadda ay timaado ama loo baahdo in meel aan Application ka buuxiyo oo kale haddii wax la iga saa'ilo 'Middabka Jinsiyaddeed', waxaan doorbidaa xoodka "Other" halkaas oo aan dabeeto sii raacsho "Somali". Somalidu, majority of them, Afrikada kale middab ahaan wax lama wadaagaan; taasina waxay ku timid jir ahaan & middab ahaanba iyadoo Somalidu ay aad uga duwan yihiin qaybaha kale ee isla Qaaradda Afrika.

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:50 pm

[quote="Advocatar"]loool, his always obsessed with looks and dresses like a fag, complimenting complete strangers physical features on the london transit and ch!t. caadi ma'ahan. Laughing[/quote]

Advocatar thats a good story, has anyone ever told u that u have a good imagination?

Don't worry guys and used to hate, i awlays make dua to Allah to keep the Evil eye away.

Advocatar if u would have had my fine sacad lineage aka reer jalaf than u and ur adoon family would have resembled me, but that's life for u, u can't always pick what u want.

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:16 pm

[quote="KUN-DILE"]This categorisation from during the colonial times. The Dooros and others in British Somaliland agreed with the british to be categorised with the Bantu, the Isaaqs refused this and fought in court battle in London and won the right to be categorised with the higher class ethnic groups who were able to own land in both UK and UK empire states. Isaaq subsequently became the largest land owners in both Kenya and Tanzania.[/quote]

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.