Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

British ethnic categorization - Somalis aren't African...

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
razzberry
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: British ethnic categorization - Somalis aren't African...

Postby razzberry » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:20 pm

Galia.

Yes I do know some somalis.

If you want me to tell you exactly what you want to hear then I will have to say that Somalis are slender, gorgeous, caramel colored people with fine aquiline features and silky shampoo commercial hair.

If you want my honest opinion I see regular ole black people with small features that would lead me to believe that you guys might have a little “injun” blood in you. Some of you got “good hair” some of you don’t. Just the same as some African Americans and other blacks have “good hair” and some don’t

You asked for my honest opinion and I gave it to you. It’s not an opinion out of disrespect. Not that I consider being called black or saying a person looks black an insult or a form of disrespect Rolling Eyes It’s just that you guys seem to be so obsessed with how black or how Arab /Caucasian your features look and I’m just calling it how I see it.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:58 pm

who the hell cares how the hell some 19th century British officer classified you Confused

shidow1
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby shidow1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:17 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

shidow1
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby shidow1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:17 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Advocatar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Chilling In SANAAG, Makhiir State Of SOMALI, enjoying TUNA fish

Postby Advocatar » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:31 am

[quote="Alluring"]I like everything about Advo, except his ADDICTION to adoons and wanting to be one.[/quote]

loool, I love you too but we cant agree on everything walaal. Laughing

Razz, you fail to understand that somalis didnt achieve the way they look by mixing with other blood, no, we always look like the way we do now thousands and thousands of years ago. But other Africans and Africans americans need "foreign" inter-mixing to look different. I swear I have seen somali kids that looked asains, mexicans, nigerians, indians, arabs etc and the thing is non of them were mixed, matter of fact their pure somali for generations when reciting their abtiris.

galia, I have nothing against you but I get annoyed when you start showing off for white people that your not "african" like they care or have time to divide their hate so they can hate you in a lesser degree then bantu africa etc. I consider myself black-African. If you want to hurt my feelinsg by calling me jareer, bantu etc. Your wasting your time buddy cus I am not ashamed of being called of that. Black power walaal and pass the chicken counter clockwise. Laughing

razzberry
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby razzberry » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:49 am

[quote="Advocatar"]

Razz, you fail to understand that somalis didnt achieve the way they look by mixing with other blood, no, we always look like the way we do now thousands and thousands of years ago. But other Africans and Africans americans need "foreign" inter-mixing to look different. I swear I have seen somali kids that looked asains, mexicans, nigerians, indians, arabs etc and the thing is non of them were mixed, matter of fact their pure somali for generations when reciting their abtiris.[/quote]

I get what you are saying 100% advo.

Im just referring to galias statement that he has a “textbook” Somali look as if all somalis look just one way.

Are you saying all other blacks/Africans look exactly the same uless they have something else mixed in them? I doubt that very much.

I’m also going to have to question you about that history statement. From the research I have done and what I have seen of others, most Somali history on up to the last few centuries or so have been mainly oral and even the best anthropologist can't even give a good answer or theory on the origins of Somali people.

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:11 am

razzberry what you ar trying to say is completly disturbing and worrying, you are tryinng to lump all people with dark skin into the same catorory.

Just beacuse somali's have dark skin and happen to live in the african contineent does not make us negroe, hell no.

razzberry would u consider the people of sri lanka who are very dark as african on the basis of their skin.

razzberry would u consider the people of papa new gueinea as african, they look almost exactly like africans but they are not, and papa new gueinea is up north from australia.

razzberry the origin of the somalis can best be explained using genetics, Genetics shows us that the the somali's are one of the oldest people's in this world, from a genetic point of view the somalis cluster closer to Euroasia than SSA.

Advocatar ever heard of freedom of expression, just because u got brainwashed by some adoon's does not give u the right to go mad at me.

Advocatar i never had nothing against you too, but please get of my throat and stop trying to strangle me, just let me breath and speak.

razzberry u hve to bear in mind that somalia has about 75% (real ethic somalis) while the 15% (bantu, arab, other).

In the south of somalia the ethic somali's are the minority, the Hawiay's (the only real somalis in the south) are only 40% of the population in the south east of somalia the rest are bantu, arab, barawani.

Alluring
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Alluring » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Everytime a topic about race the insecure adoon known as Razzberry jumps to the roof tops. If we were the same as your people, why need to come on our forum and want to get a better understanding of who we are and where we are from? Didn't you once state that you had a roommate that was Somali? But has never given us evidence to support those claims?

But I do not blame you, because every African American (Africans know the difference) feel every person with dark skin is a brother of theirs. Not even looking at the texture of their skin, their hair, and other various indictions that would show DIFFERENCES. So keep believing until your last BREATH that we are the same as you, but know that we do not believe we are, people like Advo are in the minority, and he is just PRETENDING to believe what he wants to us think.

Naaima
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Vision, imagination and leadership make a succesful business BUT above all it's a team effort!

Postby Naaima » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:16 pm

Salam alaikum

shaqo lan maxay somalida haysta, i don't know why we just don't call ourself somalian and be done with it!... Cool

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:18 pm

I wonder which somalis, especially the one's back home would say they are an "adoon".

There are many facts in life and fact number one is that somali's ain't Adoon.

I must stress that i HATE adoons, adooons and somalis never get along, they hate us so much that they decided to join the ethiopians in killing our people in Mogadishio, look what the Adoon organization called the AU is doing to us with the help of Uganda, not to mention how they kill 200 somalis each year in south africa.

Yes i fcuking hate adoons and ethiopia.

sheldibow
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: We must achieve peace because it's the only way to build this nation

Postby sheldibow » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:21 pm

Somalis are nothing to do with Adoons .... since Adoons belong to BANTU groups whilst Somalis belong to AfroAsiatic that means somalis are origin arab so stop bulshit ... adoons are adoons

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:22 pm

Am telling u somalis its Good to hate Adoons cos they hate us more than we hate dem.

When somalis had war with ethiopia in 1964 all the adoon countries supported ethiopia and they did the same in 1977, and now they all supported ethiopia to invade somalia.

They hate us so much and love our worst enemy i.e ethiopia that they made the headquarters of the AU in ethiopia.

Its good to hate dem if u are somali.

sheldibow
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen
Location: We must achieve peace because it's the only way to build this nation

Postby sheldibow » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:24 pm

galia,

You right adoons they hate us because they see as that we are suprior over them ... galia there are adoon lover in Snet I do not know why some somalis love adoons ....

galia
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby galia » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:30 pm

Adoons are evil motherfcukers look what they did to those poor helpless tutsi's Shocked and razzberry is trying to tell us that those bastards are the same as us, HELL NO.

They killed one million women and children Shocked

The_Emperior5
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Suldaanka Guud beelaha reer Sheikh isxaaq Bani Axmed Bani Hashiim. In the republic of Soliziland

Postby The_Emperior5 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:31 pm

down down bantu

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.