Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mudulood Cities and Towns

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Speaking up against Somalinet's tolerance for Al Qaida Loyalists

Mudulood Cities and Towns

Postby Twisted_Logic » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:41 am

The Best Lands in Somalia. Period! Cool

Jowhar ( Mohamed Dhere's Home-town)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=somalia&ie=UTF8&ll=2.775387,45.508504&spn=0.016032,0.019956&t=h&z=16&om=1

Jowhar airport

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=somalia&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=2.890452,45.478377&spn=0.03206,0.039911&z=15

Balad Proper/ South Balad ( Xaji Muse Sudi's Adopted Home-town)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=somalia&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=2.365079,45.375853&spn=0.032073,0.039911&z=15

North Balad ( Haji Muse Sudi's adopted Home-town)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=somalia&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=2.400668,45.431728&spn=0.032073,0.039911&z=15

Mahaday Wein ( Dr. Togane's Home-town)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=somalia&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=2.972013,45.526485&spn=0.032058,0.039911&z=15

Garas Baley ( Haji Muse Sudi's birth-place)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=somalia&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=3.422264,45.606308&spn=0.128174,0.159645&z=13

janale ( Father of the Nation Adan Abdulle Osman's home-town)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=somalia&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=1.757365,44.652557&spn=0.064171,0.079823&z=14

Mogadishu ( What can you say aout Xamar Cadeey?)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=somalia&ie=UTF8&t=h&om=1&ll=2.05812,45.3162&spn=0.12832,0.159645&z=13
Last edited by Twisted_Logic on Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:02 am, edited 6 times in total.

Alchemist
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Mudulood Cities and Towns

Postby Alchemist » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:43 am

Sxb check your links cause their not working...

*jr
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby *jr » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:47 am

what with you? Hawiye thinking?

Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twisted_Logic » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:20 am

[quote="Alchemist"]Sxb check your links cause their not working...[/quote]

Now they are! Cool

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 8:40 am

First of all, two important corrections:

1: The Father of the Somali nation can not be put in the same post along with traitors and warlords like: M.dheere, Muse suudi, Togane etc.

He is in the league of great Somali men like: Abdirashid Ali Shermarke, Cabdullahi Ciise, Gen.Daud etc etc.

2: Mogadishu is a Somali city located in a Mudulood region, with Mudulood been the majority throughout its history. Because of this location, demography and history and in the light of state collapse, it becomes important for Mudulood to assume the political leadership of the city and take the full responsibility that comes with it. This means, since the city is occupied by Ethiopian troops, Mudulood should be on the first line of the struggle against the Ethiopians.

I fail to grasp how people who support the tige federal group, and the ethiopian occupation can at the same time call Mogadishu a Mudulood city. Here lies a contradiction!

----

Apart from those two important corrections, there is a difference between:

-Sitting on a goldmine without been aware of it…
and
-Using a goldmine for one’s own benefit.

These two situations are fundamentally different.

One only needs to look at the lands Mudulood subclans inhabit, and their current status of living to see that unfortunately in our case, it’s the first scenario: sitting on a goldmine without been aware of it.

How have we ended up in this awful situation? Just look at the so called ‘leaders’ and their mentality.

For example, M.Dheere controls Jowhar and northern side of Middle Shabelle…while Muse Suudi controls Balcad and southern side of the Middle Shabelle.

What have they done? Nothing except setting up their warlord administration to exhort money from the poor farmers, businessmen and travellers in order to sustain their warlord administration. There is no tangible development going on in those regions. The people in those regions still have to do with the old water canals the Italians built, and the devastated State-owned buildings and structures left over.

This especially becomes mind boggling when one looks at the economic strategic locations of Balcad and Jowhar. Two farming towns, surrounded by the most fertile lands in Somalia, neighbouring the Benadir coast, with a large market in Mogadishu consisting of almost 2 million potential consumers, plenty of export outlets like Mogadishu port, Warsheekh, Ceel Macaan etc.

Yet, all activities making use of this economic strategic location are crippled by the warlord administration i.e. the checkpoints, never ending conflicts, ‘taxes’(extortion money), and their policy of not allowing any progressive, educated group to develop the regions just because they do not want the people to become aware of the goldmine right under their feet, which means trouble for the warlord administration.

The only way to take advantage of this goldmine is to overthrow the warlord administration which keeps the people ignorant.

This means, following the Ceeldheer model.

Arrowhttp://somalinet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=134419&p=1633504

The only way forward is for every Mudulood city, town and even village to adopt the Ceeldheer model!

More will be explained about this model and the future of Mudulood.

Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twisted_Logic » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:48 pm

[quote="Somaliweyn"]First of all, two important corrections:

1: The Father of the Somali nation can not be put in the same post along with traitors and warlords like: M.dheere, Muse suudi, Togane etc.

He is in the league of great Somali men like: Abdirashid Ali Shermarke, Cabdullahi Ciise, Gen.Daud etc etc.

2: Mogadishu is a Somali city located in a Mudulood region, with Mudulood been the majority throughout its history. Because of this location, demography and history and in the light of state collapse, it becomes important for Mudulood to assume the political leadership of the city and take the full responsibility that comes with it. This means, since the city is occupied by Ethiopian troops, Mudulood should be on the first line of the struggle against the Ethiopians.

I fail to grasp how people who support the tige federal group, and the ethiopian occupation can at the same time call Mogadishu a Mudulood city. Here lies a contradiction!

----

Apart from those two important corrections, there is a difference between:

-Sitting on a goldmine without been aware of it…
and
-Using a goldmine for one’s own benefit.

These two situations are fundamentally different.

One only needs to look at the lands Mudulood subclans inhabit, and their current status of living to see that unfortunately in our case, it’s the first scenario: sitting on a goldmine without been aware of it.

How have we ended up in this awful situation? Just look at the so called ‘leaders’ and their mentality.

For example, M.Dheere controls Jowhar and northern side of Middle Shabelle…while Muse Suudi controls Balcad and southern side of the Middle Shabelle.

What have they done? Nothing except setting up their warlord administration to exhort money from the poor farmers, businessmen and travellers in order to sustain their warlord administration. There is no tangible development going on in those regions. The people in those regions still have to do with the old water canals the Italians built, and the devastated State-owned buildings and structures left over.

This especially becomes mind boggling when one looks at the economic strategic locations of Balcad and Jowhar. Two farming towns, surrounded by the most fertile lands in Somalia, neighbouring the Benadir coast, with a large market in Mogadishu consisting of almost 2 million potential consumers, plenty of export outlets like Mogadishu port, Warsheekh, Ceel Macaan etc.

Yet, all activities making use of this economic strategic location are crippled by the warlord administration i.e. the checkpoints, never ending conflicts, ‘taxes’(extortion money), and their policy of not allowing any progressive, educated group to develop the regions just because they do not want the people to become aware of the goldmine right under their feet, which means trouble for the warlord administration.

The only way to take advantage of this goldmine is to overthrow the warlord administration which keeps the people ignorant.

This means, following the Ceeldheer model.

Arrowhttp://somalinet.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=134419&p=1633504

The only way forward is for every Mudulood city, town and even village to adopt the Ceeldheer model!

More will be explained about this model and the future of Mudulood.[/quote]

My dear friend your rants are out place! The purpose of this thread is not to debate about the political philosophies of certain men but to appreciate the beauty that is Muduloodom. Regardless of your perverted political ideologies, I think that if you open your mind and focus more on the beauty of those lands you would come t o appreciate the beauty those cities/towns have. Your incessant political rants about this warlord and that warlord are becoming a nuisance to be brutally frank.

Ps
I have lived in Ceel Dhere and the only reason that that city have flourished is because of some of the Wacesley wealth that makes into the city; and a great amount of the investment proceeds were purely coincidental- that is no one had a grand vision to transform the city, it just fell into place because the timing and the opportunity were right! If you ask me Jowhar is worth way more than Ceel Dhere or Haradhere.

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:47 pm

''The purpose of this thread is not to debate about the political philosophies of certain men but to appreciate the beauty that is Muduloodom.''

--
The beauty of ‘Muduloodom’ you say? If you would understand for what Mudulood stood you would not utter these comments.

Mudulood in essence is a political alliance between clans that share the ancestral name of Mudulood.

It came fully in been during the 90s, when Aideed’s group with the aid of multiple Hawiye subclans launched a full-scale war on Ali Mahdi and his wider group of Abgal. It was at this time, when Ali Mahdi used the name of Mudulood, to muster all forces of Mudulood subclans in the Benadir region against the assault of Aideed’s alliance of Hawiye subclans.

How else can you explain the mere fact that some Mudulood subclans do not even border to other Mudulood subclans? For example, Udeejeen lives from Beledweyne westwards to Mustaxiil, sharing no border with other Mudulood subclans. Or other groups like Ilaaway, or Wacdaan that live with non-Hawiye groups in the lower Shabelle?

Also, historically the political notion of Mudulood as a unit of common action and interest was non-existent. The different Mudulood subclans each went their own way, defended their own interest, and handled their own business. Hence, the reason why Wacdaan fought bitterly against the Italians with support from non-Mudulood clans like Murusade, Geledi, Biyamaal etc. Hence, the reason why Waceysle Abgaal had to fight their own war along with Habergidir subclans against Yusuf Keenadid.

I can understand why you are annoyed…I too would be annoyed if I supported these warlords despite the fact that they have done nothing worth mentioning. It is a frustrating situation supporting individuals that are characterized by utter failures.

---

About Ceeldheer model, while to most unsuspecting people it seems purely coincidence that the city is progressive, to those with sharp mind it is logical as to why Ceeldheer has entered this new phase of peacefull internal development.

As I said, more will be explained about this model. Then, we will see whether it is a pure coincidence, or a virtuous cicle of progressiveness.

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:10 pm

Somaliweyn,

I really like your analysis..But let me ask you a question..Abgaal is one of the biggest clans of Somalia USA...Ururuka Sagaal Abgaal..They are one of the most educated clans of Somalia...Because they had an apportunity that other clans didn't have...Because of their geographical location...They were able to attend High Schools, Universities which most of other clans lacked...

If for eg. a bright kid graduates from Amud High school he wasn't able to go to a college unless he travels all the way to Mogadisho... and if he did not have a family there, forget about it Sad But the Abgaals were there, even their nomads benefited from the city...Becuse they were able to sell their milk, grass, charcaol, fire-wood, Butter etc...

My question is why are they lead by Alxaaji Muse and Mohamed dheere both of them uneducated guys? What happened to the well eduacted Abgaal Cismaan?

Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twisted_Logic » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:12 pm

[quote="Somaliweyn"]''The purpose of this thread is not to debate about the political philosophies of certain men but to appreciate the beauty that is Muduloodom.''

--
The beauty of ‘Muduloodom’ you say? If you would understand for what Mudulood stood you would not utter these comments.

Mudulood in essence is a political alliance between clans that share the ancestral name of Mudulood.

It came fully in been during the 90s, when Aideed’s group with the aid of multiple Hawiye subclans launched a full-scale war on Ali Mahdi and his wider group of Abgal. It was at this time, when Ali Mahdi used the name of Mudulood, to muster all forces of Mudulood subclans in the Benadir region against the assault of Aideed’s alliance of Hawiye subclans.

How else can you explain the mere fact that some Mudulood subclans do not even border to other Mudulood subclans? For example, Udeejeen lives from Beledweyne westwards to Mustaxiil, sharing no border with other Mudulood subclans. Or other groups like Ilaaway, or Wacdaan that live with non-Hawiye groups in the lower Shabelle?

Also, historically the political notion of Mudulood as a unit of common action and interest was non-existent. The different Mudulood subclans each went their own way, defended their own interest, and handled their own business. Hence, the reason why Wacdaan fought bitterly against the Italians with support from non-Mudulood clans like Murusade, Geledi, Biyamaal etc. Hence, the reason why Waceysle Abgaal had to fight their own war along with Habergidir subclans against Yusuf Keenadid.

I can understand why you are annoyed…I too would be annoyed if I supported these warlords despite the fact that they have done nothing worth mentioning. It is a frustrating situation supporting individuals that are characterized by utter failures.

---

About Ceeldheer model, while to most unsuspecting people it seems purely coincidence that the city is progressive, to those with sharp mind it is logical as to why Ceeldheer has entered this new phase of peacefull internal development.

As I said, more will be explained about this model. Then, we will see whether it is a pure coincidence, or a virtuous cicle of progressiveness.[/quote]

As I said you have a problem with being focused on the topic at hand. If you are insanely interested in debating about this non-existent “Mudulood progressive” crap, then you can open a new thread I will be more than happy to burst your childish bubbles. As I said, the progress Ceel Dhere has made is a result of the unintended consequence of wealthy Wacesley business-people sending money back to the city to open things such as schools, hospitals, police force and other basic ingredients of self-governorship. There never was a master plan to transform the city. As wealth accumulated for the Wacesley business class, it was natural for them to use some for development in their lands. Any-one would do that. Most of the Wacesley business-class are my first uncles (from mom’s side) and you are not going to preach to me their political philosophies. Most of them don’t even have a political goal and more concerned about enriching themselves!

Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twisted_Logic » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:15 pm

[quote="kambuli"]Somaliweyn,
My question is why are they lead by Alxaaji Muse and Mohamed dheere both of them uneducated guys? What happened to the well eduacted Abgaal Cismaan?[/quote]

The same can be asked about any clan in Somalia. With the disintegration of Somalia and the collapse of the central government, it was natural for warlords to fill the vacuum.

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:31 pm

Kambuli,

USA Laughing

First of all, your question is a valid one. In fact, it is the most important question we need to answer in order to move forward.

This paradoxical situation of the ignorant leading while the educated ones are hiding reminds me of what an Arabic poet once said:

"There is no benefit to a leaderless society when disorder reigns, and they will never have leaders if the ignorant among them rule"

As you know, after 1991, with the collapse of the Somali state, disorder became widespread. This disorder could have been stopped at the beginning but the civil war prolonged it, since war was the norm of the day during the 90s.

It is at this time, when the educated ones with resources fled from the country and sought refuge in abroad. Also, it is at this time, when the likes of Muse suudi and m.dheere who only knew the language of violence rose to prominence.

These uneducated warlords, then prolonged the disorder, and intimidated in this way, the educated class from returning, and the ones that remained in Somalia were killed one by one. Hence the uncountable targetting of any educated person in Mogadishu since 1991.

So to break this unnatural vicious cicle, the ignorant ones need to be adressed in the only language they understand: Violence.

The warlords must be defeated by armed struggle...and in this the masses are surely the key to victory.

The warlords and their supporters abroad know this, thus their constant worries when the masses become aware of the parasitic nature of warlords, and become agitated by educated men.

Hence: them becomming annoyed when the ugly truth about the warlords is brought to daylight.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:36 pm

[quote="kambuli"]Somaliweyn,

I really like your analysis..But let me ask you a question..Abgaal is one of the biggest clans of Somalia USA...Ururuka Sagaal Abgaal..They are one of the most educated clans of Somalia...Because they had an apportunity that other clans didn't have...Because of their geographical location...They were able to attend High Schools, Universities which most of other clans lacked...

If for eg. a bright kid graduates from Amud High school he wasn't able to go to a college unless he travels all the way to Mogadisho... and if he did not have a family there, forget about it Sad But the Abgaals were there, even their nomads benefited from the city...Becuse they were able to sell their milk, grass, charcaol, fire-wood, Butter etc...

My question is why are they lead by Alxaaji Muse and Mohamed dheere both of them uneducated guys? What happened to the well eduacted Abgaal Cismaan?[/quote]

Kambuli Somaliweyn is Udeejeen, he can't speak for Abgaal.

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:47 pm

Laughing

Still taking cheap shots huh? Laughing

---

Anyways, the topic is about Mudulood. And every subclan within Mudulood can talk about the affaires concerning Mudulood.

Answering a question...and speaking for a clan are two different things.

But, If you gladly want to hear anti-warlord speech from an Abgal perse, lets bring Dr.Yalaxow.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:51 pm

No Somaliweyn, I am beyond cheap shots but you most certainly should not be the parasite that attaches itself to the greater body.

Harti is Harti, but Majeerteen iyo Dhulbahante Garoowe and Laascaanood way kala leeyihiin. Wink

Hatersss
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Hatersss » Tue Nov 06, 2007 6:55 pm

twisted_logic

is jalalaqsi abgaal town? my grand father aswell as my dad were born there as i heard there is large Yusuf Daud community there Cool
whats your intake on this?

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.