Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Islamic Guidance On Marrying a Gaalo Wife

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Islamic Guidance On Marrying a Gaalo Wife

Postby Gedo_Boy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:38 pm

war Aw252,

Your friends, imaginary or real, why do they keep going to a hopelessly single guy for marriage advice?

Algebra
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Algebra » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:38 pm

I though this was a common knowledge and every muslim kno. Like woman can not marry none muslim, men can not marry some one doesn't believe one of three religions.

xidigow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby xidigow » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:38 pm

[quote="The_Patriot"][quote="AbdiWahab252"]xidigow,

So he can't marry her Islamically unless she becomes Muslim Surprised

Wow, this is definately worth discussing with the Imam.[/quote]
this is what i call extremism.[/quote]
AW.
Yep..discuss with your Imam. I pretty much sure You wil get the same answer..Let me know the result

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:38 pm

[quote="AbdiWahab252"]PAtriot,

Whats wrong with talking to the Imam about questions on diin ?[/quote]
not you this other guy

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:42 pm

[quote="Gedo_Boy"]war Aw252,

Your friends, imaginary or real, why do they keep going to a hopelessly single guy for marriage advice?[/quote]

GedoBoy,

Its because I have an ability to size up humans and their humanity very well plus waxan ahay Odeey when it comes to giving advice.

When are you settling down ?

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:45 pm

[quote="Gedo_Boy"]war Aw252,

Your friends, imaginary or real, why do they keep going to a hopelessly single guy for marriage advice?[/quote]
Gedo boy did i tell you Dan girl wa ka xaran Laughing

xidigow
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby xidigow » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:45 pm

this is what i call extremism.[/quote]

Hey Patriot,

Why bather to be Musim if you are caling the Quran Extremism?
Kitab says You cant marry Kafir....so that means Extremism
Kitab says Cut the hand of SAARIQ...is that a extremism
Kitan says Stone siners Is that exremsim

See this is what happens when Qaxooti read Chistain moniter Newspaper

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:49 pm

The_Patriot,

MZ ayaa iga xaaran ah... Cool
waad i xumeyseen ilaahey ceebtiina ha asturo.

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:56 pm

Who are the women of the People of the Book whom Muslims are permitted to marry?

Question:
Thanks for answering my question. I want to know what you mean with marrying a Jew or christian who should had chastity? Does touching and kissing forbidden before marriage occurs? I have read in your anwers that you tell muslim that the woman should be chaste. Is this only with jew or christian girl or also, muslim woman? Does touching and kisssing are included when you refer to chastidy? What should be the advice given to a muslim boy that thinks touching is necessary before marriage?
I appreciate this to be confidencial. Thanks so much for helping me.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Abu Ja’far Muhammad ibn Jareer al-Tabari gave a definition of muhsanah in Jaami’ al-Bayaan ‘an Ta’weel Aayi’l-Qur’aan (8/165):

“Muhsanah means the woman who is chaste and pure … one who is chaste and protects her private parts from committing immoral acts, as in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And Maryam, the daughter of ‘Imraan, who guarded her chastity…’ [al-Tahreem 66:12], meaning that she kept herself above suspicious actions and protected herself from immoral conduct.”

Then he discussed the interpretation of the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): ‘… (lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time…’ [al-Maa’idah 5:5]

He said that some others said that what was meant by this aayah (‘… (lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women from the believers and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time…’) is chaste women from both groups, whether they were slaves or free. Those who were of this opinion considered it permissible to marry slave women who were Jews or Christians who practised their religions, because of this aayah, but they considered it haraam to marry promiscuous women, whether they were Muslims or from the People of the Book. Then he mentioned reports to support this opinion.

He also said: ‘There was some dispute among the scholars about the interpretation of the phrase and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time…- was this general or specific in application? Some said that it is general and applies to all chaste women, because muhsanaat means chaste women, and a Muslim is allowed to marry any woman of the People of the Book, free or slave, from a country whose people are engaged in hostilities with Islam or from a community which is living under Islamic rule. They use as evidence for this the apparent meaning of the phrase and chaste women from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time… - taking muhsanaat to mean any chaste woman, whoever she may be. This is the opinion of those who take muhsanaat to mean “chaste women” in this context.

Others say that it refers only to the women of Jewish and Christian communities who are living under Islamic rule. As regards those living in regions that are hostile to Islam, Muslims are not permitted to marry such women.

He mentions an important condition for marrying a woman of the People of the Book, which every Muslim who wants to marry such a woman in a non-Muslim country should pay attention to. This condition is that he should be in a position where he is not afraid that his child will be forced into kufr.

One of the obvious implications of this in our time is that a Muslim should not put himself in a position where he will be forced to raise his child as a kaafir in a non-Muslim country, where a child may be forced to study something about Christianity, for example, or he may be taken to church on Sundays, or the law may be on the side of the non-Muslim woman, allowing her to take her child wherever she wants and raise him in her family’s religion, etc. We ask Allaah to keep us safe from all that and we seek refuge with Him from being forsaken.

Shaykh al-Sa’di said in his Tafseer (commentary on the Qur’aan), 1/458:

“‘… (lawful to you in marriage) are chaste women – i.e., free and chaste - from the believers and chaste women –free and chaste - from those who were given the Scripture (Jews and Christians) before your time…’ i.e., from among the Jews and Christians. This is adding specific details to the aayah (interpretation of the meaning): ‘And do not marry al-mushrikaat (idolatresses, etc.) till they believe (worship Allaah alone)…’ [al-Baqarah 2:221].”

As for promiscuous women, those who do not keep themselves chaste and free from immoral sexual conduct, it is not permitted to marry them, whether they are Muslims or from among the People of the Book (Jews and Christians), unless they repent, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): “Let no man guilty of fornication or adultery marry any but a woman similarly guilty, or an unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.” [al-Noor 24:3]

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A
Sheikh Muhammed Salih Al-Munajjid

http://www.islam-qa.com/index.php?ref=2527&ln=eng

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:58 pm

[quote="xidigow"]this is what i call extremism.[/quote]

Hey Patriot,

Why bather to be Musim if you are caling the Quran Extremism?
Kitab says You cant marry Kafir....so that means Extremism
Kitab says Cut the hand of SAARIQ...is that a extremism
Kitan says Stone siners Is that exremsim

See this is what happens when Qaxooti read Chistain moniter Newspaper[/quote]
dude when did Allah say in the Quran Ahlil kitab should be reverted to Islam before marriage? Shocked

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:58 pm

You cannot marry a woman who is not from the book

Allah(swt) says in the Quran:
" Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of Bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise. "(2:221)

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 4:59 pm

helwaa,

Thanks Abayo

Shirib,

Thanks Abowe.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:02 pm

[quote="Gedo_Boy"]The_Patriot,

MZ ayaa iga xaaran ah... Cool
waad i xumeyseen ilaahey ceebtiina ha asturo.[/quote]
warya since when was Qulle part of the meher
even its not part of sori.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:05 pm

double-strength reinforced quule fibers geelaha ayaa lagu xiraa it is the strongest xarig.

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:05 am

TTT

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.