Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marka, Brava, Baraawe, Afgoi, Shabeelada Hoose...

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Marka, Brava, Baraawe, Afgoi, Shabeelada Hoose...

Postby Shirib » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:29 am

Voltage

You seem like you know a lot about Somalia so in your non biased view do you think Dir and Digil y Mirifle are comparable in size. Is Dir larger then Digil y Mirifle?

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:32 am

Dir is one crazy clan runtii. They live practically everywhere and with everyone. Just with us Mareexaan, Fiqi Muxumed Dir live with us in Galgaduud (the Xeraale war between them and bah-Xawaadle), Qubeys and other Dir live with us in Kilika 5naad, Gaadsan Dir live with us in Luuq, etc.

But as for size if I were to judge, I would say with Isaaq Dir is bigger but without Isaaq than Digle and Mirifle is bigger.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:34 am

[quote="Voltage"]Dir is one crazy clan runtii. They live practically everywhere and with everyone. Just with us Mareexaan, Fiqi Muxumed Dir live with us in Galgaduud (the Xeraale war between them and bah-Xawaadle), Qubeys and other Dir live with us in Kilika 5naad, Gaadsan Dir live with us in Luuq, etc.[/quote]

Yes they are everywhere but is their number in Somalia larger then Digil y Mirifle.

King-of-Awdal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby King-of-Awdal » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:35 am

Shirib

I dont think ur getting what am saying. In order for you to become larger you basically adopted others into ur clan and basically created a federation while we dont, so in that sense, reality is ur smaller and as for Dir you only basically run into Bimaal of all Dir, have u even ever met other Dirs ever. As for Somalia proper offcourse u are much larger but we live in Somalia, Kenya, somali galbeed and Djbouti.

new-york23
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby new-york23 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:37 am

dir is by far larger than digile&mirflie,dir live in ogadenia,jubadahoose,shabeele,jabouti is 90%dir not to mention isaaq who are dirta WAQOOYI...

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:41 am

Oh s.hit forgot Ciisa Madoobe, the Somalis of Djibouti are Dir also

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:42 am

[quote="King-of-Awdal"]Shirib

I dont think ur getting what am saying. In order for you to become larger you basically adopted others into ur clan and basically created a federation while we dont, so in that sense, reality is ur smaller and as for Dir you only basically run into Bimaal of all Dir, have u even ever met other Dirs ever. As for Somalia proper offcourse u are much larger but we live in Somalia, Kenya, somali galbeed and Djbouti.[/quote]

My 4 little cousins are Dir and are not Biimaal. Do they count?

If you count Isaaq as Dir then you are bigger but if not then I think Digil y Mirifle is bigger then all Dir including Cisse in Djbouti and the ones in Ethiopia and Kenya.

Dir is roughly 5% of Somalia while Digil y Mirifle is 20+%

Theirs no father Hawiye that Hawiye came from so does that mean they are small too.

Luq_Ganane
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Luq_Ganane » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:43 am

loooool at "Cisse madoobe"..qoraxdi baa dhishay raggas, looool.

King-of-Awdal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby King-of-Awdal » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:43 am

[quote="Voltage"]Oh s.hit forgot Ciisa Madoobe, the Somalis of Djibouti are Dir also[/quote]

Only Samaroon can call them Essa Madoobe the rest must call them Essa Waraabe.LOL.

Shirib

Are u sure about that because Hawiya all trace their Lineage to Hawiya so i think there must be a Hawiya dude.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:46 am

lol @ Ciisa Waraabe, where I come from we call them Ciise Madoobe

As for "aabe Hawiye" looooooooooool Shirib is right sxb, there is no father Hawiye. People like to analyze Digile and Mirifle nowadays but they tend to forget Hawiye is an older version of Digil Mirifle meaning they are federated and they bonded to survive. Caydiid even coined "Kamasle Hawiye" in 1991 for any new groups that wanted to join, real Jareer Soomaali became Hawiyiezed during that time

King-of-Awdal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby King-of-Awdal » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:49 am

Voltage

Maybe in Seattle u do but i dont think there is any place Marexaan and Essa run into only Marexaan are Luq_Ganane Cousins in Borame. LOL. As for Hawiya am not sure about that because they seem to be related just like the other major groups so am thinking they are definately not like Digil and Mirifle.

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Voltage » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:53 am

King I never said we run into each other, the first Ciise and Mareexaan to meet were Siad Barre and Hassan Guled Abtidon, I mean where i come from we call them Ciise Madoobe, ciise waraabe markaan u wacayno sxb reer la cabsiiyo ma aanun nihin

As for Hawiye, adigu ii daa. I know this better than most people here. Heck even Habar Gidir is a confederation, why do you think Sacad is called Sacad Siciid and Abdiwahab even admitted the bastardness when the ICU attacked Cabdi Qaybdiid and he came here screaming "ba'yeeey we never were Hawiye to begin with".

Also Hawiye claim groups like Garre, etc who themselves say they are part of Digle and Mirifle and call others like Shiiqaal "martiile hiraab", meaning "guests". This is not up for discussion, there was never a "hawiye father" as in a real progenitor like Sheikh Cabdiraxman Ismaaciil Jaberti.

Shirib
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Shirib » Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:56 am

[quote="King-of-Awdal"]Voltage

Maybe in Seattle u do but i dont think there is any place Marexaan and Essa run into only Marexaan are Luq_Ganane Cousins in Borame. LOL. As for Hawiya am not sure about that because they seem to be related just like the other major groups so am thinking they are definately not like Digil and Mirifle.[/quote]

They are somewhat related.

For example Wacdaan and Abgaal are brothers, but theirs no relationship between Murunsade and Wacdaan and they are both Hawiye.

Mudulood are related to each

Gugundabe are related to each other

Gorgaarta are related to each other

Karanle are related to each other

But Mudulood and Gugundabe aren't related to each other and etc..

If we start claiming confederations and etc.. Hawiye who you would say is large then is actually tiny as they are a confederation.

Hawadle... if they have a father where did the mix up saying they are Tanade Darood come from?

King-of-Awdal
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby King-of-Awdal » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:00 am

Well lets wait for the Hawiya to come and answer this question, all i know is as a Dir we are all came from one man but because of us being too large today we stick to claiming only our immediate forefathers, imagine how long its gonna take me to reach Dir when i trace my lineage.LOL

Luq_Ganane
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Luq_Ganane » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:04 am

[quote="Voltage"]
Caydiid even coined "Kamasle Hawiye" in 1991 for any new groups that wanted to join, real Jareer Soomaali became Hawiyiezed during that time[/quote]

Wtf! loooooooooooooooooooool.

My Ajuran cousins who never left Xamar, claimed Hawiye. I asked them one billion times if they were Hawiye and they always say hell no, we're assyrians who came to Somalia after we were defeated in Babaloyn and we used to colonize Hawiye, lool.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.