Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NobleMan: I got some Accounting Questions

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

NobleMan: I got some Accounting Questions

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:24 pm

Saxib,

What are the best certifications to get in the UK for someone relocating from the US who has a CPA accreditation ?

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: NobleMan: I got some Accounting Questions

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:34 pm

hows its going AW..

Depends on your field.

financial accounting- ACCA, probably the most recognised globally, but mos def the hardest to study for.

Management accounting- CIMA- More companies prefer cima, mainly for internal business decisions

Public accounting- CIPHA- i plan to do this one, not the most widley recognised but, public accounting pays well, plus less stress and more flexiable hours.

I'm not too sure what a CPA accreditation is, but if you have any accounting background, then you are likely to get some exemptions. Each course usually lasts 3 years, but if you get a lot of exemptions then you could complete it in half the time.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:35 pm

i would probably say ACCA is the best, its the most popular and held in the highest esteem.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:39 pm

Thanks Nobleman.

So how is the market out there for someone with 8 years of experience as an auditor ?

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:50 pm

Bro its pretty good, the amount of finance graduates, dont match the demand. I would say the UK is experiencing a boom in terms of jobs. I graduated in June 07 and was expecting to be unemployed for at least a year, but got s job within 2 months (alhamdulilah).

As for auditors, there also in big demand, ever since all the creative accounting and enron shit, they've been hot in demand.

On the downside a lot of my uni buddies work for the big four and they argue that the pressure is almost unbearable. 12 hr days, no lunch breaks and bullshit managers.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 3:52 pm

Nobleman,

To be employed in the UK, you would need to have a Residence Card ? Do they give preference to UK citizens over legal aliens ?

In terms of employment, how does Manchester fair ?

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:11 pm

Yeah i'm sure you will need some sort of work visa, but the british are pretty liberal when it comes to economic migration, sometimes i wonder if i'm in the UK or poland, India etc. They love Americans, because they pay the most taxes out of all foreign workers, therefore a work visa shouldnt be hard to obtain.

Also they love foreign workers, cos they work harder, but it usually comes down to experience, education etc

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:14 pm

Nobleman,

Cool. I know that the big 4 work their entry level staff into the ground. Here in the States they require that you get a CPA with in 4 years of working there. 12hr days are standard around tax season.

So what are the personal income taxes out there ? Do you need to buy health insurance or is it free (NHS) ?

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:16 pm

As for manchester, the growth is pretty good, but London is the financial capital and where most jobs lie

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:17 pm

Yeah the big four are nuts, that why i'm going into public accounting.

Money is pretty good for accountants

fully qualified- then your looking at a min of 35k plus.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:19 pm

What are the personal income tax rates out there ?

Is health insurance free (NHS) or do you need to buy additional private insurance ?

35K for London doesn't sound a lot. How much does a typical flat (2bedrooms) in a decent area run ?

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:20 pm

Health is free on the NHS, but its not the best care. But its made up through taxes 21% on income unders 35k, but 40% on income over 35k. Crazy rates, but not sure if it is the same for foreign workers

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:21 pm

35k is the min i would say, personally in london, it would hit a min of 50k after substainal experience.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:23 pm

Nobleman,

Taxes are comparable to those in the states.

How much does a flat go for ?

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:24 pm

wow rent and purchasing is crazy in london. Thats probably why i'll live at home for a couple of more years.

Demand for houses, dont meet supply and prices are through the roof. I stoped paying attention when a 2 bed falt was going for 200k in my area.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.