Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

For Professionals With Families!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

For Professionals With Families!

Postby kambuli » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:53 pm

A man came home from work late, tired and irritated, to find his 5-year old son waiting for him at the door.
SON: "Daddy, may I ask you a question?"

DAD: "Yeah sure, what it is?" replied the man.
SON: "Daddy, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "That's none of your business. Why do you ask such a thing?" the man said angrily.

SON: "I just want to know.. Please tell me, how much do you make an hour?"
DAD: "If you must know, I make $20.00 an hour."
SON: "Oh," the little boy replied, with his head down.

SON: "Daddy, may I please borrow $10.00 ?"

The father was furious, "If the only reason you asked that is so you can borrow some money to buy a silly toy or some other nonsense, then you march yourself straight to your room and go to bed. Think about why you are being so selfish. I work hard everyday for such this childish behaviour."

The little boy quietly went to his room and shut the door.
The man sat down and started to get even angrier about the little boy's questions. How dare he ask such questions only to get some money?
After about an hour or so, the man had calmed down, and started to think: Maybe there was something he really needed to buy with that
$10.00 and he really didn't ask for money very often. The man went to the door of the little boy's room and opened the door.
"Are you asleep, son?" He asked.
"No daddy, I'm awake," replied the boy.

"I've been thinking, maybe I was too hard on you earlier" said the man.
"It's been a long day and I took out my aggravation on you. Here's the $10.00 you asked for."
The little boy sat straight up, smiling. "Oh, thank you daddy!" He yelled.

Then, reaching under his pillow he pulled out some crumpled up bills. The man saw that the boy already had money, started to get angry again. The little boy slowly counted out his money, and then looked up at his father.

"Why do you want more money if you already have some?" the father grumbled.
"Because I didn't have enough, but now I do," the little boy replied.
"Daddy, I have $20.00 now. Can I buy an hour of your time?

Please come home early tomorrow. I would like to have dinner with you."
The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son, and he begged for his forgiveness.
It's just a short reminder to all of you working so hard in life. We should not let time slip through our fingers without having spent some time with those who really matter to us, those close to our hearts.

Do remember to share that $20.00 worth of your time with someone you love.
If we die tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days.
But the family & friends we leave behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives.

And come to think of it, we pour ourselves more into work than to our family.

Duh

Re: For Professionals With Families!

Postby Duh » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:59 pm

"The father was crushed. He put his arms around his little son,"

Kambuli i bet u cried wi wi wi wi when u reached this point? ALaaa what an idealist thing u r!! Your sweet heartness repulses me completely walaahi. Maybe thats why i dont like u! U have this lame, wimpy good heart nature that i find disgusting. Something like this will make u tear and sniff---i mean seriously nayaa--- i was expecting to read the son commited suicide in his room after being crushed by his dad. Ufff

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:02 pm

Balaayo calool weyn!

You heartless fat cow!! Naa maxaa ku engejiyey!!!

xoogSADE14
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby xoogSADE14 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:04 pm

Who the fukk talks like that to his kids?

BTW: I don't think someone who makes 20 bucks an hour can't really be considered "a working professional"

Duh

Postby Duh » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:07 pm

[quote="xoogSADE14"]Who the fukk talks like that to his kids?

BTW: I don't think someone who makes 20 bucks an hour can't really be considered "a working professional"[/quote]

Good point Xoog! loooooooooooooooool

BABYGIRL123
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby BABYGIRL123 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:39 am

oooooooooooooooooooh how sweet and sad time is preciouse.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.