Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Female Genital Mutilation

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Female Genital Mutilation

Postby QansaGabeyle » Fri May 09, 2008 7:27 pm

Lol@Xaawo Kastumo. :lol: :lol: Personally I am not pro female circumscion however the fact that the west, the same people who practice homosexuality, is using it to make look barbaric, I do not like somalis that come to me with that bullshit. Because tomorrow, I don't know what the hell their western masters will tell me to preach to me and other somalis.

Firefly
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Underneath the apple tree, at one with nature's beauty.

Postby Firefly » Fri May 09, 2008 7:29 pm

Gedo_Boy wrote:Firefly,

It's all peer pressure & many times perpetuated by females.....just like now in the West w/ neo-fgm.....I know a lady whose mother was against it but fellow girls were making fun of her for not having it done & she forced her mom.....who couldn't even look but watch from a distance.

Another father was against it but the women of the family pushed it......

most women hurt each other b/c of the peer pressure.

You're so right. But these women are passed that age - they shouldn't be affected by peer pressure anymore. It's so sad to know that it's actually women who are perpetuating such evil practice against their fellow women. Dumarka Ilahay ha uu gargaaro Ameen.

Gedo_Boy
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Gedo_Boy » Fri May 09, 2008 9:44 pm

Firefly,

While I don't agree w/ the Fircooni way, I don't have a problem with a minor outpatient procedure :lol: :lol: :lol: aka the "Sunna way".....but then again it's not a mandatory one.

It is an element of culture that is deeply ingrained in people and maybe education within traditional Somali circles is the way to go. What is the Islamic view on it? etc.

....not a 'FGM Spokesperson' who runs around the world saying: "I was sliced 'n diced w/ a rusty razor blade" for no other reason other than maybe to write a book.

Pretty soon you might see 'liberated Somalis' fighting to let the boys keep their buuryos b/c it's cruel.

Cawar
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Cawar » Fri May 09, 2008 10:06 pm

Gedo_Boy wrote:Firefly,

....not a 'FGM Spokesperson' who runs around the world saying: "I was sliced 'n diced w/ a rusty razor blade" for no other reason other than maybe to write a book.

Pretty soon you might see 'liberated Somalis' fighting to let the boys keep their buuryos b/c it's cruel.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You never know.

But over all I think the majority od malis in the west arent letting their daughters go through FGM..
like back home..and thats a good news for us guys lol.

QansaGabeyle
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby QansaGabeyle » Fri May 09, 2008 10:09 pm

That will be good for your children cawar. Adiga your generation and the generation adiga kaa dambeeye xitaa have all gone through it.

Quadratic

Postby Quadratic » Sat May 10, 2008 3:04 am

QansaGabeyle wrote:That will be good for your children cawar. Adiga your generation and the generation adiga kaa dambeeye xitaa have all gone through it.

:lol: :lol:

Thirties are the new twenties in our zeitgeist, wake up and smell the coffe saxib, Cawar has a reason to feel comfortable and look forward to jumping into bed after a wed with one of those untouched clitical girls. I even think guys in their forties now will have their share of the new flock, they just need to hit the gym on a regular basis, that is all the little girls care about nowadays, a four pack and a muscle no limit as long as your jaw is wrinkleless, all is cool then.

Madaxweyne

Postby Madaxweyne » Sat May 10, 2008 5:45 am

I'm really happy to see all of these smart guys came together, put their heads together, and shared everything they knew about this great topic. This kind of talks and discussions are what we all need. The more we share knowledge with respect and dignity the more we will become one family with one common goal: to share knowledge, have fun, and be friends.
Keep up the good job waryaada, be happy and live life to the fullest.

Wastegal, would you please remove the picture you posted in this thread without my permission. Please do that now or I will break the link. Thank you.

deafman

Postby deafman » Sat May 10, 2008 9:48 am

waste please remove the pic
thanks

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.