Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Question about Ogaden region

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Addoow
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Question about Ogaden region

Postby Addoow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:09 am

hey,be aware it is ramadan telling a big lie like that could harm your fasting any way,we are known to protect poor people not harm them ..your cagdheer Hero said once "allaylahe dad lama dooriyee darisnimo abgaal baa leh" it was true 100 yrs ago and it is true now!!

Addoow
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Addoow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:09 am

makumba kuumba kuute
wht is your clan horta??

abdi ilyas
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby abdi ilyas » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:10 am

So the British named it and documented it, which means basically the only reason why the region is called in international documents as ''Ogaden region'' is because of the British.

Correct?
yes :up:
Last edited by abdi ilyas on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

The_Patriot
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby The_Patriot » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:11 am

hey,be aware it is ramadan telling a big lie like that could harm your fasting any way,we are known to protect poor people not harm them ..your cagdheer Hero said once "allaylahe dad lama dooriyee darisnimo abgaal baa leh" it was true 100 yrs ago and it is true now!!
If he was alive during 91 he would have taken back his words.

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:12 am

So the British named it and documented it, which means basically the only reason why the region is called in international documents as ''Ogaden region'' is because of the British.

Correct?
No!, INCORRECT, I don't understand why you are twisting things, I said the region was known as Ogaden even before the British. The way to construct a good hypothesis is not misrepresenting someones answers.

If you want to debate about the Ogaden then you are most welcome as long as you don't change my words to suit your way of thinking.
Known as Ogaden by whom before the British documented it like that?

Adoow, this is serious thread. No need to divert it!

Patriot,

Can you answer the question? Who named the Western Somali territories that are occupied by EThiopia as ''Ogaden region''? Was it the British? I know the British documented the region by the name ''Ogaden region'', but is this the only reason why some Somalis keep calling the region as such?

abdi ilyas
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby abdi ilyas » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:18 am

well,itobiyans have three main bases in somalia. and only one of them is in abgaal land.
1.the largest in baydhaba,2.mogadishu and the last base is in baladweyne hiiran further more there are few bases in sh.hoose especially afgoye where the stinking habashas are based in.
get my point waryaa. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
dude are they not in Mogadishu the same place you butchered Darood? the same place you fought the HG and know under Ethiopian rule dont tell me its that insignificant.
remember you participate in it. and you was mush more brutal then as to them. :lol: :lol:

makumba59
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby makumba59 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:19 am

[quote="Advo"]Ogaadenia is the name, tigre Season Hunting is the Game :up:[/quote]

:lol:

Looyaan_Junior
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Looyaan_Junior » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:21 am

Waad iga qoslisay walaahi, did the history of mankind started with the british colony ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Somaliweyn
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Somaliweyn » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:40 am

Waad iga qoslisay walaahi, did the history of mankind started with the british colony ?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Why are you laughing? Its a simpel question.

Who knew it as ''Ogaden region''? For example, who nicknamed all the Somali territories now collectivelly under Ethiopian colonization as ''Ogaden region''?

Its a simple question, and kindly answer it if you have answers.

Munique05
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Munique05 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:43 am

some people dont like to use the clan name"ogaden"when refering to that land,they prefer somali galbeed.however,the cagheers made the situation worst when they formed a clan militia to free the land ..The ONLF

:roll: :roll: dat was pure garbage :arrow: :arrow:

Addoow
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Addoow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:47 am

some people dont like to use the clan name"ogaden"when refering to that land,they prefer somali galbeed.however,the cagheers made the situation worst when they formed a clan militia to free the land ..The ONLF

:roll: :roll: dat was pure garbage :arrow: :arrow:

Munique05
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Munique05 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:48 am

:roll: :roll: is best wen fools dnt open they mouth :up:

Addoow
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Addoow » Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:54 am

minique
the last time i opened my mouth ,you went mad and called me bastard .so i will probably shut up this time.

Looyaan_Junior
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Looyaan_Junior » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:21 am

Why are you laughing? Its a simpel question.

Who knew it as ''Ogaden region''? For example, who nicknamed all the Somali territories now collectivelly under Ethiopian colonization as ''Ogaden region''?

Its a simple question, and kindly answer it if you have answers.
I am laughing about the absurdity of your reasoning, first you opened this thread posting what I perceived to be a genuine questions asking about the history of my land hoping that our discussion will lead to better understanding and increased awareness.

Munique05
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Munique05 » Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:21 am

minique
the last time i opened my mouth ,you went mad and called me bastard .so i will probably shut up this time.
:lol: :lol: :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.