Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ENGLISH V's ITALIANS!!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
GENERAL_SNM
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

ENGLISH V's ITALIANS!!

Postby GENERAL_SNM » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:03 am

Who was a better in Somalia? I'm asking this question because certain people have this nostalgic view of the Italians as some sort of positive period in somali history. At the same time these same people will argue that the British were some negative influence in somalia. My question is when in history have the Italians ever been good for the black man, because thats what somalis, especially southerners are to Italians. Also if they were so good to somalis, why have they suddenly changed and not allow mosques or any of you southerners to settle their. To cut a long story short I find it very difficult even with all the outlandish thinks that are claimed on Snet to believe this mythical fact that is repeated by most southerners to be true. THE FASCIST ITALIANS WERE NEVER GHOOD FOR SOMALIS, and if they built you a few roads and a few plantations it was so they could make life a little tolerant for their new slaves. Because thats what you would have been to a Fascist a slave.

dawwa9
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: ENGLISH V's ITALIANS!!

Postby dawwa9 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:11 am

Compare Mogadishu of 1959

to

Hargeisa of 1959 and you got your answer.

Moha2

Postby Moha2 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:15 am

to

come on man, neither of the two cities was made by colony :|

GENERAL_SNM
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GENERAL_SNM » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:25 am

to

The point is they might have been better for the land, but I dont buy an Italian fascist was better for somalis. Your judging the occupiers for what they did for the land not the people. The Italians would have built mansions and beautiful roads no doubt and turned Xammer into another Rome, but you would have been the worst slaves that ever lived. They would have made King leopard in the Congo, seem like a black power activist.

AbuShabab
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AbuShabab » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:29 am

Bragging about which colonial was better? SMH.

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:32 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was thinking the same thing

GENERAL_SNM
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GENERAL_SNM » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:39 am

One thing we can all agree on is they were all better then the current Ethioipian occupation.

Excutive why you hating on the British, they gave you a council home and a passport. Forget about the thousands of your ancestors they killed in the past. Just get yourself an English chick and get your revenge. It sooths the soul.

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:42 am

GENERAL_SNM

I don't live in a council house and I'm not a British citizen. I'm just a EU student and a taxpayer in this country.

I'm from Sweden remember.

shaamboo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby shaamboo » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:48 am

One thing we can all agree on is they were all better then the current Ethioipian occupation.

Excutive why you hating on the British, they gave you a council home and a passport. Forget about the thousands of your ancestors they killed in the past. Just get yourself an English chick and get your revenge. It sooths the soul.

Spoken like a real uncle sam

walee british know how to breake a niggro :up:

abdi ilyas
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby abdi ilyas » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:50 am

The Italians would have built mansions and beautiful roads no doubt and turned Xammer into another Rome
all main road in Somalia,ports the italains build that watch this documentary

also they have build the education system. even after colony you could got free education in Italy 5 siblings when 2 university in roma. they was going 2 make Ethiopia in to somaliland. but the Englishmen sold Somalia they give a way kilinka shanaad 2 Ethiopia.

Italian's is not know to anslave people. but the englishmen anslave people badly just look at african-american. and what did english men do 4 hergeyso other then enslave them like the rest of thier kingdom? tell one think your queen Elisabeth did 4 you?

GENERAL_SNM
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GENERAL_SNM » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:55 am

GENERAL_SNM

I don't live in a council house and I'm not a British citizen. I'm just a EU student and a taxpayer in this country.

I'm from Sweden remember.
you'll be running over to England soon. I seen how those liberal sweds are becoming more and more intolerant of foreigners. Look at those Liberal Ducth, they got tired of people like costa and emperor and their backward ways. Now UK is full of stupid eurotrash :mrgreen:

Shampoo, you mean an uncle tom?, but those white chicks have helped me lose the chip towards the British.

abdi Ilyas go study Fascism if you think the Italians are such nice people.

dawwa9
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby dawwa9 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 8:59 am

GENERAL_SNM

Why did Swedish and Dutch Somalis move to the UK in large numbers? Nothing wrong with those economies right? actually they even score better in Human Development Index than the UK, what was their reason?

abdi ilyas
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby abdi ilyas » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:00 am

the lows think Englishmen did is make half of your people in 2 xabashe slaves. or have you forgetten that jigjiga belong to Ethiopia?

AbuShabab
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AbuShabab » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:00 am

I think the colonials were worse than the Ethiopian occupation. The damage the colonials have done to Somalia and Somalis is still being felt until today. For example, many Somalis were taught qabyaaladnimo, secularism, collaboration with and the liking of cadaans by the colonials.

Executive
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Executive » Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:05 am

GENERAL_SNM

Why did Swedish and Dutch Somalis move to the UK in large numbers? Nothing wrong with those economies right? actually they even score better in Human Development Index than the UK, what was their reason?

Many reason.....Mainly Social Tourism :lol: , Education, Job opportunities, Family relations , Religious reasons (finding a dugsi or halal food can be difficult in Sweden),

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.