Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ENGLISH V's ITALIANS!!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
neocon_2007
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: ENGLISH V's ITALIANS!!

Postby neocon_2007 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:21 am

In 1966 Hargeysa consisted of less than twenty stone buildings and maybe a hundred acres of aqal camp. There were no roads and the only staple food available was rice that had been contaminated with rat urine and feces. Everyone wore the same off-white clothing. There was no visible British presence.

Mog at the same period was all composed of solid structures, with a population I am guessing of about 50,000. There were paved streets. Food was plentiful and cheap. You could buy ready-to-cook chickens, fish, sweet butter, fresh rooti or sambuussa. Rice and kpasta were plentiful and clean. People wore the kind of clothing that is now thought of as "Somali". There was a sugar mill in Jowhar, a leather factory in Baraawe, plantations in Afgoye, Kuumsuumma, Jamaame etc.

The British used Somaliland as a source of fresh meat for their troops stationed in Aden, and that was about it. The Italians developed bananas, a small gold mine and a tuna fishery. But the Somali colonies were a net financial loss for both Britain and Italy. In hindsight, I would say the Italians developed a far more advanced educational and economic system and demonstrated more heart. I have to question the "damage" done to the Somalias during the trustee administrations following WWII. The folks I knew certainly did not seem to be oppressed.
The only settlers in Hargeysa during the British were 20 Riighaye and Warsangeli families. The town had little to no infrastructure and nothing was built.

Aliyah99
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Aliyah99 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:25 am

The Italians built more its true but they are xenophobic people they are persecuting gypsies right now in Italy

Caga Dhiig

Postby Caga Dhiig » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:17 pm

Ofcourse Idoors are gonna choose the Brits who used to screw isaaq idoor women. The Hutus are gonna choose the Italians who used to screw Abgaal women.
What did they get from cadaanka?
Idoor got:Hargeisa in return for idoor slavery and flower.
Hutus got: Mogadishu in return for hawiye slavery and flower.
Darood got: nothing, they get to share the spoils with the idoor and hutus.

GENERAL_SNM
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby GENERAL_SNM » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:20 pm

Ofcourse Idoors are gonna choose the Brits who used to screw isaaq idoor women. The Hutus are gonna choose the Italians who used to screw Abgaal women.
What did they get from cadaanka?
Idoor got:Hargeisa in return for idoor slavery and *****.
Hutus got: Mogadishu in return for hawiye slavery and *****.
Darood got: nothing, they get to share the spoils with the idoor and hutus.
What a nobhead, :down:

peace08
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby peace08 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Who was a better in Somalia? I'm asking this question because certain people have this nostalgic view of the Italians as some sort of positive period in somali history. At the same time these same people will argue that the British were some negative influence in somalia. My question is when in history have the Italians ever been good for the black man, because thats what somalis, especially southerners are to Italians. Also if they were so good to somalis, why have they suddenly changed and not allow mosques or any of you southerners to settle their. To cut a long story short I find it very difficult even with all the outlandish thinks that are claimed on Snet to believe this mythical fact that is repeated by most southerners to be true. THE FASCIST ITALIANS WERE NEVER GHOOD FOR SOMALIS, and if they built you a few roads and a few plantations it was so they could make life a little tolerant for their new slaves. Because thats what you would have been to a Fascist a slave.
somalis never cease to amase me. now they know which one of their oppresses was more humane

abdikarim86
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdikarim86 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:24 pm

In 1966 Hargeysa consisted of less than twenty stone buildings and maybe a hundred acres of aqal camp. There were no roads and the only staple food available was rice that had been contaminated with rat urine and feces. Everyone wore the same off-white clothing. There was no visible British presence.

Mog at the same period was all composed of solid structures, with a population I am guessing of about 50,000. There were paved streets. Food was plentiful and cheap. You could buy ready-to-cook chickens, fish, sweet butter, fresh rooti or sambuussa. Rice and kpasta were plentiful and clean. People wore the kind of clothing that is now thought of as "Somali". There was a sugar mill in Jowhar, a leather factory in Baraawe, plantations in Afgoye, Kuumsuumma, Jamaame etc.

The British used Somaliland as a source of fresh meat for their troops stationed in Aden, and that was about it. The Italians developed bananas, a small gold mine and a tuna fishery. But the Somali colonies were a net financial loss for both Britain and Italy. In hindsight, I would say the Italians developed a far more advanced educational and economic system and demonstrated more heart. I have to question the "damage" done to the Somalias during the trustee administrations following WWII. The folks I knew certainly did not seem to be oppressed.
The only settlers in Hargeysa during the British were 20 Riighaye and Warsangeli families. The town had little to no infrastructure and nothing was built.
as usual this kaluun is chattin a load of xaar.
waar warsengali dont number more than 10 people :lol:

go and s.uck some kaluun :lol:

Caga Dhiig

Postby Caga Dhiig » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:28 pm

waar warsengali dont number more than 10 people

go and s.uck some kaluun

waar warsengali dont number more than 10 people :lol:

go and s.uck some kaluun :lol:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

abdikarim86
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdikarim86 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:42 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
why did you just qoute me word for word.

that is some wierd shit :lol:

Caga Dhiig

Postby Caga Dhiig » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:45 pm

Aar dee maxa rabta sxb.
I just found the "suck some kalum" part funny.
Now get off my nutts.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

abdikarim86
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby abdikarim86 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 12:47 pm

oh my bad :lol: :lol:

Xamari_76
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Xamari_76 » Sat Oct 18, 2008 4:19 pm

Italian somaliya was better...we'll it looked better..Xamar :up:

DR-YALAXOOW
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby DR-YALAXOOW » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:32 pm

people italian and british labadooduba waa dad gaalo futo cad. inaan kala jeclaano maaha.
laakiin haddii la yiraahdo. which one of those ayaa horumariyey gobolkii uu gumeysayey
italy for italian-somaliland
british for british-somaliland

xaqiiqdii GRANT ayaa cadaayey
The British used Somaliland as a source of fresh meat for their troops stationed in Aden, and that was about it.
waa xaqiiqi britishka sababta kaliya ay u qabsadeen north somaliya waxay aheeyd inay hilib xoolaha nool ka qaaraan. british ONE SINGEL ROAD laami ah kama aysan dhisin north somalia.

britian hal warshad . port airaboor haba yaraatee kama aysan dhisin north somalia.(british-somaliland)

ITALIANS south waxay ka dhiseen wadooyin aad u waaweeyn sida mogadishu to kismaayo 800 km

mogadishu to baladweyne
waxay dhiseen warshado waaweeyn sida warshada SNAI EE SONKORTA soo saari jirtey
ITALY waxay horumariyeen beeraha somalia.
waxbarashada xaqiiqdii aad ayey ugu dadaalen.

marka yaa u fiicnaa soomalida ENGLISH AMA ITALIAN jawaabtu waa TALYAANI ayaa KUN jeer ka fiicnaa ingriis.

XITAA dont forget EVEN SOUTH from 1944 to 1954 WAA 10 YEARS waxaa gumeysanayey ENGLAND . markii second world war italy laga eryadey south somaliya.

BRITISHKA 10 YEARSKII UU SOUTH gumeysanayey. wuxuu sameeyey ma taqaanaan.

waxaa jirey JID TAREEEEN RAILWAY from JAWHAR TO MOGADISHU uu talyaaniga dhisey.
BRITISH railwaygii AYUU naga bililiqeeystay, wuu furfurtey wxuuuna GEEYSTAy KEENYA.

jidka tareenka ee MOMBAZA TO NAIROBI ayuu birihiii wadadii tareenka jawhar to mogadishu ka furfurtey ayuu ku rakibtey.

british= waa tuugo bililiqeeyste.

marka ENGLAND waa hagratey waqooyilanderska MOODA inay BARWAAQO IYO BASH BASH ku noolaaayeen under britian. WAX ay u qabatey northka ama british somaliland haba yaraatee ma jiro

kenyan4life
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby kenyan4life » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:51 pm

Italians are the most racist people in Europe

AbuShabab
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby AbuShabab » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:55 pm

Italians are the most racist people in Europe
I think it's the Spaniards.

Babygirl-
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Babygirl- » Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:58 pm

Italy for all the reasons stated..

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.