Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Medina!

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Speaking up against Somalinet's tolerance for Al Qaida Loyalists

Medina!

Postby Twisted_Logic » Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:11 am

Amazing how beautiful a place can look even after 18 years of war and anarchy. May the survival spirit of my people never die :up:

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Medina!

Postby Murax » Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:56 am

Twisted Logic,

Welcome back bro :up:

Madina is awsome, and theres parts of Xamar that were untouched by the war. Still though, the place doesn't benefit if the rest of the South and other parts of Xamar are in tatters. A bad Xamar means a bad Somalia.

Also what do You think of this Gov so far? I hate to say it but I think Shareef is starting to embark on the same road as His predecessors C/Qassim, AY, etc. Not wanting to rebuild the Somali militairy and recall all the former Somali Generals, and instead wanting to rely on foreign soldiers while cashing some money. He thinks a few AMISOM, and some little maxaakim/tfg militias will get the job done and it won't.

Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twisted_Logic » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:33 am

Twisted Logic,

Welcome back bro :up:

Madina is awsome, and theres parts of Xamar that were untouched by the war. Still though, the place doesn't benefit if the rest of the South and other parts of Xamar are in tatters. A bad Xamar means a bad Somalia.

Also what do You think of this Gov so far? I hate to say it but I think Shareef is starting to embark on the same road as His predecessors C/Qassim, AY, etc. Not wanting to rebuild the Somali militairy and recall all the former Somali Generals, and instead wanting to rely on foreign soldiers while cashing some money. He thinks a few AMISOM, and some little maxaakim/tfg militias will get the job done and it won't.
Thanks for the welcome :up:

To be fair this government has only been in power for few months, and thus they still deserve the benefit of the doubt. Some of their actions have irked me and many other people. For example, there is no reason the AMISOM troops should stay. They have agreed to rule based on the Sharia, and this is welcome. I have always been cautious about this government and will remain to be so till, I see peaceful Mogadishu with the rule of law and justice. More importantly, it is impressive to say the least, considering how business and disagreements were settled in our country for the past 18 years, to finally see people coming together through talks and negotiations. :up:

I disagree that Sh Sharif or his government is in the same boat as Abdullahi Yusuf. I think they are on opposite poles. Sh Sharif is not a blood thirsty parasite like AY, nor does he call for violence and more bloodshed.

As I understand, there are efforts to bring the opposition to the side of the government. Sh Yusuf IndoCade has already stated on the record that he will support and defend this government once the Sharia law is passed and Sh Hassan Dahir Aweys is flirting with joining the government. I think this is a welcome step towards peace and reconciliation.

The administration must restore the writ of the government comprehensively from Galgacayo to the Kenyan borders. Already, people in Jubboyinka are taking arms against the Khawariji groups and I think in the long-run more people will turn away from these demonic groups and peace will be restored.

So, in short I am suspicious of this government and some of their action. Nevertheless, they are a necessary evil.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:48 am

Twistic Logic,

Understood, but the thing is ragtag TFG militias, little Maxaakim militias are not enough to pacify the capitol, let alone take on a Internationaly funded Al Qaeda outfit in other regions! You heard Gen Golal, advice Shareef months ago to immiditely recall the former Somali militairy which still Has hundreds of commanders who were once part of Africa's best army! Instead He hasn't done that and is planning for these inept ragtag outfits to supress the country and its not going to work. If You recall Ina Muse Boqor the Defense Minister I believe in the Arta Gov came to Abdiqassim and came to Him with plans to bring back the former Somali militairy and Abdiqassim refused because He thought they would topple Him. AY ofcourse wanted to rely on foreign troops for the same reason to cash a few bucks, and the way it seems to Me Shareef wants these AMISOM troops to stay so He can sit in Villa Somalia for two years and pocket some cash. I understand He hasn't been Here long but He could have easily gotten the process started by now. Right now He's getting 3 million a month soon and that is easily enough for 4-5 Battalions including their salary. Lets see what He does. Time is not on His side.

Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twisted_Logic » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:54 am

Twistic Logic,

Understood, but the thing is ragtag TFG militias, little Maxaakim militias are not enough to pacify the capitol, let alone take on a Internationaly funded Al Qaeda outfit in other regions! You heard Gen Golal, advice Shareef months ago to immiditely recall the former Somali militairy which still Has hundreds of commanders who were once part of Africa's best army! Instead He hasn't done that and is planning for these inept ragtag outfits to supress the country and its not going to work. If You recall Ina Muse Boqor the Defense Minister I believe in the Arta Gov came to Abdiqassim and came to Him with plans to bring back the former Somali militairy and Abdiqassim refused because He thought they would topple Him. AY ofcourse wanted to rely on foreign troops for the same reason to cash a few bucks, and the way it seems to Me Shareef wants these AMISOM troops to stay so He can sit in Villa Somalia for two years and pocket some cash. I understand He hasn't been Here long but He could have easily gotten the process started by now. Right now He's getting 3 million a month soon and that is easily enough for 4-5 Battalions including their salary. Lets see what He does. Time is not on His side.
The Al Shabab guys are not as powerful as we make them in the media. When the guns started talking in Galgaduud, we saw the kind of royal treatment they received. And this is what puzzles me about this government: You Don't Need AMISOM to defeat these demonic demagogues. In fact, the opposite is true.

I don't think Sh Sharif is interested in "chilling in Villa Somalia and cashing some money" as you have said. I think his heart is in the right place but he is following an ill-advised strategy. For the betterment of this country, I hope that he knows what he is doing.

Murax
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Murax » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:00 am

Twisted,

I'm still one of His biggest supporters but the thing is Soomalis everywhere whether inside or outside the Country are frusturated, sick of war and don't want any BS. Shareef is our last hope. If this Gov doesn't work out Eithiopia along with all their warlords are going to come back. Ethiopia will make permenent bases in every region in the South, and there will be no more "Transitional Governments" in Somalia. The situation is very urgent. Theres less than 2 yrs to get this turned around.

Twisted_Logic
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Twisted_Logic » Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:04 am

Twisted,

I'm still one of His biggest supporters but the thing is Soomalis everywhere whether inside or outside the Country are frusturated, sick of war and don't want any BS. Shareef is our last hope. If this Gov doesn't work out Eithiopia along with all their warlords are going to come back. Ethiopia will make permenent bases in every region in the South, and there will be no more "Transitional Governments" in Somalia. The situation is very urgent. Theres less than 2 yrs to get this turned around.
I completely agree with you. For the sake of peace, let's hope the best for this government and hope that they listen to advise from the Somali people.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.