Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pilot dies in mid-flight — plane lands in N.J.

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
shaamboo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Pilot dies in mid-flight — plane lands in N.J.

Postby shaamboo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:27 pm

FROM ASSOCIATED PRESS
NEWARK, N.J. — The pilot of a Continental Airlines flight from Brussels to Newark died over the Atlantic Ocean on Thursday, but the jet landed safely with two co-pilots at the controls.

Flight 61 touched down on-time just before noon at Newark Liberty International Airport, authorities said. The Boeing 777 was carrying 247 passengers, said Kelly Cripe, a spokeswoman for the Houston-based airline.

Passengers weren’t told of the pilot’s death in flight. During the flight, an announcement was made asking if any doctors were aboard and several passengers approached the cockpit.

The 61-year-old Newark-based pilot, with more than 20 years of service to the airline, is believed to have died of natural causes, Cripe said.

A relief pilot was on board during the flight and took the place of the deceased pilot, she said.

“The flight continued safely with two pilots at the controls,” she said in a statement.

Martha Love, a passenger from Greenwich, N.J., who was sitting in the first row of the plane, said passengers weren’t told exactly what was going on in the cockpit.

“No one knew,” she said. She only became concerned when after the plane landed, she saw fire trucks and emergency vehicles lined up along the runway.

Simon Shapiro, a passenger from Brooklyn, N.Y., was also unaware of the drama.

“I didn’t hear anything or see anything,” Shapiro said. “I was wondering why there were so many cops.”

As a precaution, the airport’s emergency crews were sent to meet the plane.

In 2007, another Continental pilot died at the controls after becoming ill during a flight from Houston to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. It landed safely with a co-pilot at the controls after being diverted to McAllen-Miller International Airport.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/162 ... 09.article

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: You'll never catch me, might as well just watch me.

Re: Pilot dies in mid-flight — plane lands in N.J.

Postby sexy-kitten » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:28 pm

I saw that on CNN. Are you watching it now? Turn the channel, there is a horse named OOPS named after the recession lol.

Beenaale_No1
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Beenaale_No1 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:32 pm

Heard on that in car radio on the way home from work. I know his health checks have been fine, but at 61, I'd call it a day, really.

shaamboo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby shaamboo » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:42 pm

Heard on that in car radio on the way home from work. I know his health checks have been fine, but at 61, I'd call it a day, really.
looool sxb imagine if u were a passinger ? walaahi i could have easily on that flight that is how i fly when ever i go back to holland

sxy ws good shax shaxleey , i dont have cnn iam not a rich mj like u

Somalian_Boqor
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Somalian_Boqor » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:49 pm

but the jet landed safely with two co-pilots at the controls.
The wording is funny, of course the plane landed safely the co-pilots are pilots themselves.

sexy-kitten
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: You'll never catch me, might as well just watch me.

Postby sexy-kitten » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:09 pm

What kind of MJ has internet but not cable? Get the bootleg, oh shit, nevermind... YOU CAN'T!! Cuz they are not doing bootleg no more ahahaha, sux to be you!

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.