Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What are Somali women wearing this new 'umbrella' hijab?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
fdama

What are Somali women wearing this new 'umbrella' hijab?

Postby fdama » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:21 pm

I am just curious as to why Somali women and girls are converting to this horrible looking hijab that I call the 'umbrella' hijab because its got the same shape. I mean come on it looks butt ugly!!! Why cant women wear something better like the Arab Abaya. This umbrella seems to have gained popularity with Somali females in the past 5 years. I have even heard stories of people having it ripped off them in the street in the UK and people abusing them. What was wrong with what SOmali women used to wear before?

This is what I mean:
http://tharwacommunity.typepad.com/t...i_woman416.jpg

Kanada
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Re: What are Somali women wearing this new 'umbrella' hijab?

Postby Kanada » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:57 pm

How is this new? Fyi most Somali women wear this type of hijab and it is the proper hijab to wear according to Islam. :roll:

ire.
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby ire. » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:02 am

How is this new? Fyi most Somali women wear this type of hijab and it is the proper hijab to wear according to Islam. :roll:
Nice avatar. :up:

Ka darag
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: He's not invisible anymore, with his father's nine and a broken fuse.

Postby Ka darag » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:14 am

WTF..ITS NOT NEW.. :|

AND Y DO U CARE????????? IF IT COVERS THEM UP :roll: :roll: :roll:

Voltage
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super
Location: Sheikh Voltage ibn Guleid-Shire al-Garbaharawi, Oil Baron

Postby Voltage » Sun Jul 12, 2009 6:21 am

Converting to it ku lahaa. For as long as I can remember they have worn it. Teeda kale wtf do you care, do you see any woman talking about what shirt you should wear you disgusting little fag. Nin naag kastuumadeeda iyo waxay xirato ka sheekeeyey waa qaniis doonaya inuu la xirto :arrow:

Spursman
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Spursman » Sun Jul 12, 2009 9:29 am

Voltage :lol: :lol: :up: :up: well said saxib rageedi.

Oxy-
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Oxy- » Sun Jul 12, 2009 11:47 am

Fdama - The Umbrella is somali culture :lol: . Eventually after time passes their Daughters Wont be wearing it :up:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.