Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Serious Question?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
abdikarim86
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Serious Question?

Postby abdikarim86 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:17 pm

the average wedding i've seen ends 4 am in the morning
6 am if there is fight :lol:

Advo
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Advo » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:37 pm

I no longer attend somali weddings nor parties or events.........backward sh!t wallahi, You have punk pusssies acting hard with crew that night, you have rude islaamo, you have attitude filled girls and you have professional ajnabis thinking its cultural night and wanna pay their respect only leaving to hate us after the event, and you have all of them mixing which creates retardedness and chaos, I actually have more fun at home than at those events. However gaalos know how to have fun. :up:

STOP!
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby STOP! » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:40 pm

^^^^ :lol: .....THE GAALOS, THIS IS THE ONLY FUN THEY WILL HAVE....THERE IS LIFE AFTER DEATH :up:

kambuli
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby kambuli » Sun Jul 19, 2009 5:55 pm

Waa uun "galti macruu' thing :!: You tell me :down: Why can't we respect the time?

What irritates me also, is the fact that the food is wasted :down: It is just pure evilness to throw that musch food into the trash can while we know all these hungry people back home..What drives me sick is when some one actually helps herself and they then leaves her plate full of food..Iimaanka laga qaad maxay in caloosheeda le'eg usoo guraweydey?

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:23 am

Waa uun "galti macruu' thing :!: You tell me :down: Why can't we respect the time?

What irritates me also, is the fact that the food is wasted :down: It is just pure evilness to throw that musch food into the trash can while we know all these hungry people back home..What drives me sick is when some one actually helps herself and they then leaves her plate full of food..Iimaanka laga qaad maxay in caloosheeda le'eg usoo guraweydey?
you know that reminds me of the sodas and waters being opened, someone taking one sip and they just leave it there...EVERY SOMALI EVENT/WEDDING/MEHER I go to its like

Kambuli, even when we had the two Meher in our house (I'm sure you're aware cause you probably were at one :lol: ) it was the same thing, and cleaning up till 5 AM after the ladies had their party was crazy. I remember we had the Meher all done in the afternoon, we cleaned the basement up and my dad gave us some money and told us to get lost. Since this was 3 years ago my older cousin took us out, we came back around midnight and the women were just starting to come in for the party and all this mess and spills :lol:

Xamari_76
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Xamari_76 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:54 am

weddings start around 12-1am

Amethyst
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amethyst » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:46 am

Dude, people dont choose to have late weddings, its just that 80% of the invited never show up on time. :shock:

The only "early"-er weddings I've ever seen are the ones where the marrying couple are running on a tight schedule and have to be out @ 2 or 3am on the dot from the hall/hotel they've rented or something. Then and only then, ya damn skippy they'd wanna record as much footage of the Gaalo like ceremonial activities, (they'd sold their souls to pay for, btw) as possible. lol :down:

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Mon Jul 20, 2009 8:04 am

I hate mixed weddings, waxaan taga uun kuwa familiga.Sababta saqda dhexe ay aroosiyadan oo bilaabaniyan dee dadka is raadinaya ayaa lagu tala galay in leedhadhka la isku bakhtiistan.Fusuq iga dheh. :down:

HELWAA
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby HELWAA » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:10 pm

suga_n_spice
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby suga_n_spice » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:52 pm

K, good question. i seriously would b sooo happy if weddings started early.

but seriously, what female misses her own buraambur?! the other nite i went to a weddin where the bride was not even there for the buraambur. it's like the best part of the weddin, and when the whole qabiil is praised. she came like 2am when it was all over.

ModerateMuslim
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby ModerateMuslim » Mon Jul 20, 2009 1:56 pm

don't people go to damn weddings for the food (i personally dislike somali wedding "food" myself)?

islamic weddings are the best - early and to the point. :up:

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:02 pm

This was a close relative's wedding, otherwise you wouldn't catch me go near any of them.

Ismahan,

Balaayo kugu dhacday, main event warkeeda xaguu yaal? 4 AM baa meesha laga baxay baan maqlay.

Nabz,

Toronto folk started it, runta sheeg. Such madness can only come from there. :lol:
yes this is true...t.dot started this whole late night hotel/banquet hall extravagant weddings back in 93'/94 :lol:

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:05 pm

Even cadaan people dont have their reception parties that late.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:39 pm

This was a close relative's wedding, otherwise you wouldn't catch me go near any of them.

Ismahan,

Balaayo kugu dhacday, main event warkeeda xaguu yaal? 4 AM baa meesha laga baxay baan maqlay.

Nabz,

Toronto folk started it, runta sheeg. Such madness can only come from there. :lol:
yes this is true...t.dot started this whole late night hotel/banquet hall extravagant weddings back in 93'/94 :lol:
:down: HEADACHE

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.