Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Meher

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.

What is a reasonable amount?

1. $10,000 and up
20%
2. $7,000 - $10,000
6%
3. $5,000 -$7,000
20%
4. $3,000-$5,000
23%
5. $1,000-$3,000
20%
* See results
11%

Total votes: 35

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
BaasAbuur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Appealing for the release of Volkert van der Graaf.

Meher

Postby BaasAbuur » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:30 pm

What is a reasonable amount to give for meher? Ladies, how much would you ask for in meher?
Last edited by BaasAbuur on Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: Meher

Postby Goljano Lion » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:35 pm

What is a reasonable amount to give for meher? Ladies, how much would you ask for in meher?
i guess you mean gabaati, if it is meher, she will have to come up with amount and if it is acceptable to you, then you accept, otherwise tell her politely , lady your meher is too much

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:39 pm

Baasbur,

Limit it to no more than $1,500. Plus another $800 in sooriyo. $1,500 for the luncheon. $200 for the wadaad. $1,000 for the shashsar and voila you are at $5,000.

Any unreasoble meher is a bode of what is to come. Make sure you do a private nikaax (immediate families only) discuss the meher ahead of time with her and if she changes her mind without letting you know, do a Abdi Bile out of there.

Good luck on your first marriage.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:40 pm

Goljano,

Seedi, why negotiate. Never be pressured into paying too much. This adeer of yours told me once,(best advice I ever heard): "HAblaha aad lo ma jeceelado"

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:44 pm

Abdi<

LOL@hablaha aad looma jeclaado.

This other oday once said to his newly wed nephew. "Adeer dumarku way cilada badan yihiine makhsin gooniya ka samayso" :lol:

Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Goljano Lion » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:45 pm

Goljano,

Seedi, why negotiate. Never be pressured into paying too much. This adeer of yours told me once,(best advice I ever heard): "HAblaha aad lo ma jeceelado"

:lol: :lol: well said and Ramadaan kariim AbdiWahab252

BaasAbuur
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight
Location: Appealing for the release of Volkert van der Graaf.

Postby BaasAbuur » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:48 pm

Baasbur,

Limit it to no more than $1,500. Plus another $800 in sooriyo. $1,500 for the luncheon. $200 for the wadaad. $1,000 for the shashsar and voila you are at $5,000.

Any unreasoble meher is a bode of what is to come. Make sure you do a private nikaax (immediate families only) discuss the meher ahead of time with her and if she changes her mind without letting you know, do a Abdi Bile out of there.

Good luck on your first marriage.
:lol: :lol: You have the whole thing planned. That is awesome. Say the girl is extremely beautiful, college educated, and overall a perfect wife material. She still gets $15,00? :lol: By the way, my brother always says the same thing as you; never pay more than a G. :lol:

Goljano, maybe I did not phrase my question correctly. I wanted to know what is a reasonable amount for a girl to ask for in meher.

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:49 pm

Dhaga & Goljano,

I was having afuur with a good friend of mine who chastised me for not getting married. He goes I have been married 4 times and never spent more than $1,000 each time. He told me just to go for it and not too sweat it too much after all, women are plenty and if one no longer likes you, she can be replaced or co-wifed very easily.

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Abdow waxaa xagayaga lagam yaqaan. Idinku gaangiistariin baad tihiin.

We get married once and spend alot in our wife to be and her wedding....

I guess we're suckers for love. :lol:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:53 pm

Baasbur,

Saxiib, a smart woman will not be greedy because she knows that she can milk 20 times the meher out of you during the marriage. A dumb woman is greedy and asks for a lot. My friend tells me that you can get out of paying meher by just refusing to divorce her until she forgives you of the amount.

$1,000-$1,500 is reasonable even if she went to Harvard or looks very attractive. IF she is educated, she should appreciate your good qualities because saxiib, these Taxiile guys outclass us by having more cash in the bank (caydh, section8 jiif, etc).

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:57 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Warya, gabdha wa ka washiitin: lacag, aroos weyn, ii tuus tuus, niman yahow, siciriir barar ba sameeysiin.

My budget is no more than $5,000. Take it or leave it is what I will tell her. Aabe wa nin wadaad oo aroos weyn rabiin.

Goljano Lion
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Goljano Lion » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:57 pm

Dhaga & Goljano,

I was having afuur with a good friend of mine who chastised me for not getting married. He goes I have been married 4 times and never spent more than $1,000 each time. He told me just to go for it and not too sweat it too much after all, women are plenty and if one no longer likes you, she can be replaced or co-wifed very easily.

Waar

think your wife as long tern investment, not cheap investment like your friend who paid $1000, when you spend a lot money on your wife, you wouldn't like to lose that investment, so you will be nice to her , be more tolerant, sidaa ciyaalkan waad u dul qadaan

Amethyst
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Amethyst » Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Momma aint raised no fool. Naag nin waxna ugu fadhin is just as easily discardable. Set it up real high, then gradually come down something reasonable. And if he leaves, dee ilaah baa ku dhaafsiiye mid gudur oo gacan adag! :up:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:00 pm

Goljano,

Spend a lot will not convince you to stay. Its total bullcrap told by women. I love money but I love my pride and comfort more than money.

Dhaga Bacayl
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Dhaga Bacayl » Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Warya, gabdha wa ka washiitin: lacag, aroos weyn, ii tuus tuus, niman yahow, siciriir barar ba sameeysiin.

My budget is no more than $5,000. Take it or leave it is what I will tell her. Aabe wa nin wadaad oo aroos weyn rabiin.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aabo waa wadaad oo aroos weyn rabiin.

What is your secret guys? Show the goods before hand? :lol:

Waar anaga saaxiib waanu da'naa sida roobka..... :lol:

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.