Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Somali run masjids

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Re: Somali run masjids

Postby Paddington Bear » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:37 am

Something irks me about your post Nobelman. You seem to describe Somali behaviour in all walks of life but for some inexplicable reason have decided to limit their bad traits to Mosques! Should they not run mosques then? Are they inferior to other nationalities when it comes to running mosques? Is it the people running the mosque who order their congregation (for lack of a better word) to park irresponsibly?

What exactly is your problem with Somali run mosques? I am at a loss here.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:38 am

Another thing i've noticed which does my head in is collection for masjids. When its a somali operated masjid they some how collect and give like its an obligatory duty, women sending in dahab to send, men foresaking the social time etc. This is not a bad thing, far from, but why is this not the case for other masjids, that somalis have been abusing for years? Walahi ruunti has to be told. I wait for the back lash as i know its illegal to criticize somalida.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:45 am

Something irks me about your post Nobelman. You seem to describe Somali behaviour in all walks of life but for some inexplicable reason have decided to limit their bad traits to Mosques! Should they not run mosques then? Are they inferior to other nationalities when it comes to running mosques? Is it the people running the mosque who order their congregation (for lack of a better word) to park irresponsibly?

What exactly is your problem with Somali run mosques? I am at a loss here.
Bro I was just giving the masjids as an example based on my observations. But if you read above I said that their bad traits are embeded in the somali dhaqan (or seems so). Basic things like not respecting authority, not showing gratitude or loving your brothers equally are common in many somalis. Like Murax and young talked about in the other thread. But this becomes a problem when it evident in the masjids somaha. Manshallah truth be told there are some excellent run somali mosques. To clarify i actually meant the mosques were somalis are the majority and not in anyway bashing the brothers that run the mosque, rather the actions of the people. If you notice i said the people running the mosque will call for something and the people will do the opposite.

The Gunners
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby The Gunners » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:48 am

Iska daa Masjidkaa, all you have to look at is our country and people will 100% understand.

Most of our people are xoolo
Last edited by The Gunners on Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:49 am

Fair enough. It's just the title and the hurried way you wrote your first post gave the impression you were having a go at the mosques themselves. I stand corrected.

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:54 am

Fair enough. It's just the title and the hurried way you wrote your first post gave the impression you were having a go at the mosques themselves. I stand corrected.

My bad saxib. Yeah the first post i write at 2am after taraweeh and had to vent asap lol.

Crazy Cat Lady
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Crazy Cat Lady » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:24 am

Despite some of the issues with Somali run masjids, especially the women who talk during the khutba :x :x , I prefer them to the ones run by Arabs, they act like they own the place :down:

AbdiWahab252
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby AbdiWahab252 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 am

I pray with AAs. Very clean and well maintained :up:

Aliyah99
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Aliyah99 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:10 am

imple instructions like please dont talk or park, they'll do the opposite, like they get a buzz from going against authority wtf.
:lol: true

The Gunners
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby The Gunners » Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:17 am

True examples of this: when you get those little primitive Somali kids visiting a family house, they start f-king up everything.

Fuck Somalis :down:

RuralMan08
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RuralMan08 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:38 am

Dont blame the kids, blame the parents. They usually never discipline these kids who then turn out to be real monsters in the Masjid. The only reason why some kids are quiet and well behaved is because they know there is a whip waiting for them at home if they've been naughty.

FAH1223
webmaster

Postby FAH1223 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:43 am

Dont blame the kids, blame the parents. They usually never discipline these kids who then turn out to be real monsters in the Masjid. The only reason why some kids are quiet and well behaved is because they know there is a whip waiting for them at home if they've been naughty.
:up: :up: yup, thats how kids should be raised

whip em, beat em and they'll know the game

RuralMan08
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby RuralMan08 » Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:49 am

:up: :up: yup, thats how kids should be raised

whip em, beat em and they'll know the game
It has to be done. InshAllah my children will each get a whip with their name on enclosed in gold letters

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:02 am

thats is true. most run somali mosques i've been to are lawless, though many good brothers/sisters put so much effort in managing the mosque, people do not want to listen, waa laysku dhexyaacaa if there is mahaadiro, taraawiih, wedding etc etc. i'v notice something about us somalis, most of us dont like to be told what to do. and its not just the city i live is every somali run mosque, have any of you seen the new somali managed mosque in Southall? apperently is good, but walahi i would advice them somalis to give the management to arab, or asian. ayagu haday ismaagi doonaan.

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.