Welcome to SomaliNet Forums, a friendly and gigantic Somali centric active community. Login to hide this block

You are currently viewing this page as a guest. By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics, ask questions, educate others, use the advanced search, subscribe to threads and access many, many other features. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join SomaliNet forums today! Please note that registered members with over 50 posts see no ads whatsoever! Are you new to SomaliNet? These forums with millions of posts are just one section of a much larger site. Just visit the front page and use the top links to explore deep into SomaliNet oasis, Somali singles, Somali business directory, Somali job bank and much more. Click here to login. If you need to reset your password, click here. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DOESNT IT BOTHER YOU?

Daily chitchat.

Moderators: Moderators, Junior Moderators

Forum rules
This General Forum is for general discussions from daily chitchat to more serious discussions among Somalinet Forums members. Please do not use it as your Personal Message center (PM). If you want to contact a particular person or a group of people, please use the PM feature. If you want to contact the moderators, pls PM them. If you insist leaving a public message for the mods or other members, it will be deleted.
OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE
surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Re: DOESNT IT BOTHER YOU?

Postby surrender » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:25 am

[quote="surrender"

miss Jane Austen you kno ore about hilly billy phrasing than me. i came to this country in 06. :mrgreen:

I refuse to believe that. My dear we know each other since 1998! :roll:[/quote]

:lol: @98. i didnt even know how to use computers at 98. :oops: xageed beenta kakeentay basra?

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:31 am

the question we should ask is , should we be suprised by this ?

.....هَاأَنتُمْ أُوْلاء تُحِبُّونَهُمْ وَلاَ يُحِبُّونَكُمْ
Lo! You are the ones who love them but they love you not... (ale-imraan-119)

know that all these things that befall the ummah , happen because Allah says,

وَلِيُمَحِّصَ اللّهُ الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ وَيَمْحَقَ الْكَافِرِينَ
And that Allah may test (or purify) the believers (from sins) and destroy the disbelievers (ale-imraan 141)
yes your right fisabililaah. but im even more shocked by not only the media not giving somalia the attention it deserved but the muslim world dont really care about the somali people. :down:

When Somalis fight and the Somali news portals claim that a new war broke out, we usually discover that ten or twenty people died (at most). This has been going on for the past twenty years and the case has always been ten here, fifteen there and twenty on that side. However, in the early 90s, when the death toll was much higher and a part of Somalia suffered from an almighty famine, the world did stand up and take notice.

News is not always about what interest the world has in a particular area or how it can exploit it. Sometimes it is about the level of tragedy unfolding in that area. Take Sri Lanka and the Tamil Tigers for instance. The war has been raging for twenty-five years. It was not followed and reported on in all those twenty-five years. But whenever there were some audacious attacks by the Tamils (or the government) that resulted in major loss of life, the world media were all over the story in no time at all. Now that the Sri Lankan government has decimated the Tamils, it is not news any more.

The principle being applied here is: more dead people, more news coverage.

Be thankful for the lack of coverage, dear.

not true!!! I can name few events that befall in the last 20yrs which results in less death than Somalia had witness in the last 20yrs, but where all over the media!

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:41 am

that nobody cares about Somalia? you wont hear news regarding whats going on in Somalia in western/Arab/Asian media, it doesnt hit the front pages. when there are fresh fights/disasters none of these media report it unless it concerns them. like the piracy; when the piracy happened remember how it circulated the media. all of a sudden people who didnt know much about somalia where arguing for and against the piracy.

i remember coming into a lecture called globalisation and media, a heated debate brokeout about the pricay in somalia. it was interesting to see people who asked me where was somalia located at the beginning of the year to all of a sudden debates its wrongs and rights.

another thing is when someting happenes in Iraq, Palistine, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Khalijka, in media these stories are mentioned. better yet we protest for them, made face group about them. i remember the war in iraq protest in London i was infront line, protesting for my muslim brothers, showing my love for them. but you wll never see the Iraqis/Palistinians and Afghanistan doing that for our country we even raised money for them, they never raise anything for us. we work as volunteers in their charitiy events, you will never see them do that.

I remember when the Tsunami happened we raised lots of awareness in regardes to that disaster, but not once have I heard anyone mention that Tsunami reached as far as somalia and many people die.

it is as if we are the forgetten nation, :cry: doesnt it bother you?

Somalia IS OVER, the powerful will remain and those with a vision will dismantel this shithole like leggo. Inshallah may allah make the ummah of Maakhir knowledgable of their future and not this worthless past Somalians are dying inn.

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:57 am

^go choke yourself!! :arrow:

oldenglish
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby oldenglish » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:59 am

^go choke yourself!! :arrow:
go cry me a river hawiye :arrow:

surrender
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby surrender » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:02 am

Paddington Bear
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby Paddington Bear » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:10 am

When Somalis fight and the Somali news portals claim that a new war broke out, we usually discover that ten or twenty people died (at most). This has been going on for the past twenty years and the case has always been ten here, fifteen there and twenty on that side. However, in the early 90s, when the death toll was much higher and a part of Somalia suffered from an almighty famine, the world did stand up and take notice.

News is not always about what interest the world has in a particular area or how it can exploit it. Sometimes it is about the level of tragedy unfolding in that area. Take Sri Lanka and the Tamil Tigers for instance. The war has been raging for twenty-five years. It was not followed and reported on in all those twenty-five years. But whenever there were some audacious attacks by the Tamils (or the government) that resulted in major loss of life, the world media were all over the story in no time at all. Now that the Sri Lankan government has decimated the Tamils, it is not news any more.

The principle being applied here is: more dead people, more news coverage.

Be thankful for the lack of coverage, dear.

not true!!! I can name few events that befall in the last 20yrs which results in less death than Somalia had witness in the last 20yrs, but where all over the media!
You’re missing the point here, Surrender. The world media have covered Somalia already. They even made a movie about it. You seem to be asking for continues coverage and I’m suggesting that such coverage will not take place unless something really bad happens in Somalia. What is happening in Somalia today is not, strictly speaking, newsworthy. It is more or less what has been taking place there in the past twenty years. Baidaba’s famine was newsworthy, Black Hawk Down was newsworthy, and the rise of the Islamic Courts was also newsworthy but the election of Sh. Sharif was not. It is all about how interesting the news is.

Somalia is not the only place in the world that is suffering from wars and disputes. The media follows the hottest news.

Highland
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Highland » Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:35 am

Lol @ Newsworthy?

zulaika
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby zulaika » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:46 am

Here is my advice to the Somali girls. Stay out of politics.
best damn advice a girl could ever get. :up: :up:

*Nobleman*
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby *Nobleman* » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:17 am

Yeah better question to pose is why dont somalis care for themselves? they've been fighting without reason for 20 years.

In fact war is now the norm, a whole generation of youth, in fact 30 and under cannot even contemplate what peace is. See when fighting is prolonged for so long, the reasons behind conflict get more absurd and soon people will be fighting for the sake of fighting, God forbid. Subxanllah if you look closer, say in the west, a kid goes to school, gets a job and progresses, in Somalia and other war torn places a kid goes to school, finishes basic education, picks up a qoori and then choose which side to fight for. :|

zidane88
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby zidane88 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:37 am

It bothers me and i bury my head with shame among the other people. :cry:

Highland
SomaliNetizen
SomaliNetizen

Postby Highland » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:28 pm

Voltage, this is a corrobating evidence of what I have said. I just came across this book yesterday and felt posting it for the benefit of all.

Excerpt:
----
Title: Africa: A continent self-destructs
Sub-title: The Slave Trade, Colonialism and the Cold War

The Cold War

"Just as the African slave trade proceeded seamlessly to colonial rule, so colonialism segued into the doctrinaire conduct of the Cold War. When, in the 1960s, most African states attained independence, the United States and the Soviet Union (and often European states) moved into the vacuum created by the departure of the imperialoists and extended the ethnic and tribal divisions so that their own interests could be served. Colonialization was replaced by a form of Cold War neocolonialism---control of the new nations (or the old ones, for that matter) of Africa via their economies and through the national elites who had been cultivated by the Europeans. One superpower would buttress the elited empowered by the colonial authorities, while the other often backed the opposition, as each supported a different client and a different agenda. If elites could not be controlled they were often dismissed or eliminated, replaced by other more patronizing to the superpowers. In Somalia and Ethiopia (a nation never traditionally colonized), for example, different politicians were served by one or the other of the major powers. By continuing the colonial intrusions, while pouring billions of dollars worth of weaponry into client states, superpowers trained political elites to use the arms to support the vital interests of the respective superpower and to resist competing indigenous forces....

Years later all this military hardware would be used against domestic opponents as Somalia entered a period of ferocious civil strife in 1991 that continues today, while from 1998 to 2001 Ethiopia and Eritrea engaged in one of Africa's bloodiest wars. Russia, one of the successor states to the now-defunct Soviet Union, and the United States have only their Cold War military policies to blame for the anarchy that presently passes for government rule in Somalia and the blistery destructive war that convulsed Ethiopia and Eritrea. Many other African states, as the evidence will demonstrate, have been left reeling by the hangover generated by the Cold War policies. It is a repugnant heritage."

TrophY-WifeY-
SomaliNet Heavyweight
SomaliNet Heavyweight

Postby TrophY-WifeY- » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:35 pm

No it doesnt realy bother me :|

xaasid waaxid :x

surrender.....see tahay macaanto?

it does abaa... waalaahi it kills me to see somalia go trough this torment,i pray the day we came together and became one again..insha allah :som:

Jamac_Yare
SomaliNet Super
SomaliNet Super

Postby Jamac_Yare » Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:01 pm

fuck somalia

OUR SPONSOR: LOGIN TO HIDE

Hello, Has your question been answered on this page? We hope yes. If not, you can start a new thread and post your question(s). It is free to join. You can also search our over a million pages (just scroll up and use our site-wide search box) or browse the forums.